Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more racist
Republicans 39 38.61%
Democrats 48 47.52%
Both equally 14 13.86%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:00 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times

Advertisements

theres a repub i like tho and his name is christie even tho i prolly wouldnt vote for him

Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Let's be honest here, whether you're one or another. Correct me if I'm wrong, but republicans don't seem like they like minorities a lot. Not hating, just saying. While a lot of Democrats are racist too, esp on the down low, still seems like most racists are republicans. Just look at republicans' rallies, all the stupid ass backwards ass white people that this country has to offer go there. Why is that? Does conservative mean close minded? While I understand you can have a diff political ideology like small govt, self reliant, etc, why does it include bigotry? Does religion play a role? And personally, I am not a hardcore democrat or noth, even tho I'm more left leaning, I am independent cuz I am open minded and don't put myself in a box, such as Republican or Democrat, I choose a position based on common sense. I don't like Democrats that much, I just don't like Republicans more. Either way, debate.
so you are saying, only independents can be open minded? And I say you are living in a shell or have your head in the sand. Now, to answer your question: in all honesty, probably when it comes to black/white issues Republicans might appear to be less tolerant, but Democrats use the race card more often and are more bigotted against more types..All you have to do is look at the responses so far: have any Republicans stooped to name calling, like a 5th grader: Repigs for example. I think, you might want to give us examples of Republicans that have openly showed their prejudice, recently against blacks, Jews or Hispanics. I doubt you can produce much. I also would guess, regardless of your claiming to be an independent, you are a liberal from the word go or you wouldn't be responding to your own silly question the way you are.
As for you choosing based on common sense, that is your common sense, but I think,from your comments most would think you really are not using common sense, as others might see it. You are basing your views on things like rallies you see on TV...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:08 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so you are saying, only independents can be open minded? And I say you are living in a shell or have your head in the sand. Now, to answer your question: in all honesty, probably when it comes to black/white issues Republicans are more prejudice, but Democrats use the race card more often and are more bigotted against more types...I have never seen an example of Republicans being rascist when it comes to Hispanics, or Jews for instance, have you? if you have, give us an example...

As for you choosing based on common sense, that is your common sense, but I think,from your comments most would think you really are not using common sense, as others might see it. You are basing your views on things like rallies you see on TV...
Romney:
Quote:
“So we can capture women’s votes, we’re having a much harder time with Hispanic voters. And if the Hispanic voting bloc becomes as committed to the Democrats as the African American voting bloc has in the past, why we’re in trouble as a party and, I think, as a nation.”
Romney Says Hispanic Voters a Threat to the Nation

Also, the 47% remark can be considered racist towards Hispanics. I can tell you it was interpreted that way.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Democrats. I just like starting crap...I don't know nor do I care who is "more racist" I think its a dumb question because you are trying to paint a VERY BROAD group with one stroke...its stupid.
Not necessarily true. The democratic party principles and platform ARE inherently racist and prevent to hold down minorities by keeping them dependent on the government rather than helping them to help themselves. Anyone who wants to (or subscribes to policies that) prevent a person/group from gaining independence and success could very well be construed as racist.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Also, the 47% remark can be considered racist towards Hispanics. I can tell you it was interpreted that way.
Some think peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are racist.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so you are saying, only independents can be open minded? And I say you are living in a shell or have your head in the sand. Now, to answer your question: in all honesty, probably when it comes to black/white issues Republicans might appear to be less tolerant, but Democrats use the race card more often and are more bigotted against more types..All you have to do is look at the responses so far: have any Republicans stooped to name calling, like a 5th grader: Repigs for example. I think, you might want to give us examples of Republicans that have openly showed their prejudice, recently against blacks, Jews or Hispanics. I doubt you can produce much. I also would guess, regardless of your claiming to be an independent, you are a liberal from the word go or you wouldn't be responding to your own silly question the way you are.
repubs mite appear to be less tolerant cuz they are
don't jus base my views on rallies, i talk to people

Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,546 times
Arkansas REPUBLICAN State Rep: Slavery ‘May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise’ for Blacks

Arkansas State Rep: Slavery 'May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise' for Blacks

Should I post more links to vile racist garbage republicans have spewed?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,775 times
The question is badly phrased.

Would be better to ask would a racist be more likely to vote democrat or republican?

Let's be real, most the republicans on this site are racist. They'd tell you they are just speaking the truth though.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM

80 posts, read 182,090 times
Democrats - believe that minorities are not in a position to take care of themselves, and need various forms of assistance to succeed in life.

Republicans - believe that no group is inferior to another one. All are equally capable, and responsible for success and failure.

Sounds to me that Democrats are racist as per Wikipedia definition.

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Let's be honest here, whether you're one or another. Correct me if I'm wrong, but republicans don't seem like they like minorities a lot. Not hating, just saying. While a lot of Democrats are racist too, esp on the down low, still seems like most racists are republicans. Just look at republicans' rallies, all the stupid ass backwards ass white people that this country has to offer go there. Why is that? Does conservative mean close minded? While I understand you can have a diff political ideology like small govt, self reliant, etc, why does it include bigotry? Does religion play a role? And personally, I am not a hardcore democrat or noth, even tho I'm more left leaning, I am independent cuz I am open minded and don't put myself in a box, such as Republican or Democrat, I choose a position based on common sense. I don't like Democrats that much, I just don't like Republicans more. Either way, debate.
Democrats, hands down.

Look at the splintered groups of Democrats, they have ethnic and racial groups by the dozens. Democrats are obsessed with race, skin color, gender, religion, sexual persuasion and ethnicity. Democratic politicians ALWAYS pander to people according to race, skin color, gender, etc... The first reaction a democrat has to any person is to classify them according to some superficial perceived difference they exhibit from a white Christian male.

I seldom hear Republicans expecting, or demanding that a person must vote a certain way according to their race, sexual persuasion, gender, ethnicity ect... There are liberal Republicans who jump on that "we need to reach out to the XXX voting group" band wagon, but it's not the norm. any time I hear any politician or pundit claim we need to pander to some group, ir repulses me, because is soft bigotry, to lump people into a group like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies