Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more racist
Republicans 39 38.61%
Democrats 48 47.52%
Both equally 14 13.86%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
^^^
Here come the Republican poll suppression tactics.

Call everyone stupid.
It is VERY STUPID...when someone thinks republicans are all rednecks..does Willard look like a redneck to you? I think not. My redneck cousins and aunt are voting for Obama because they are afraid Willard will take their welfare away..seriously that's what they told me.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
I would say that republicans have that perception of being more racist.

Like the OP though, I am an independent, a center left independent mind you. I also am black and have never voted for a GOP presidential candidate, even though I have voted for GOP senate and gubernatorial candidates in Ohio where I am from.

I think this perception of racism from the GOP has more to do with the things that lay members and party leaders say about minorities. Since I am black, I will admit that I don't like that many GOP members, including many posters on this site will think that I get "stuff" because I'm black. To me that is laughable and ignorant and stereotypical. They also will tell me that I do certain things because I am black or that I think a certain way because I am black. They have a poor perception of black people in general, thinking that we all live in hell holes, are uneducated, that us black women are welfare queens and live on foodstamps, that our black men are all criminals and "scary" looking and they think our "leaders" are Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Many in the GOP say really ignorant things and makes me, a black woman, not want to be a part of their political agenda. FWIW, I used to like John McCain, in 2000 I voted for him in the primary and I think he would have been a much better president than Bush. I like moderate candidates and McCain was moderate back then. I considered voting for him in 2008 until he picked Palin as his VP candidate and then I thought his advanced age was getting the best of him and he may not be in the best mindset to run the country if he thought her as a VP pick was a good idea. That is what made me vote for Obama. I liked Hillary Clinton more than Obama and voted for her in the Dem primary in 2008.

On the flip side, I do think many democrats have a stereotypical view of black people as well. They seem to always want to "save" us and act like we cannot do anything unless we have some sort of assistance, which I think is some bull. I also do feel that most mainstream media has a liberal bias and that many shows such as 60 minutes, Dateline and others like them - "news magazines" make black people look bad on TV, which in turns feeds both the liberal and conservative views of black people in this country. For instance, I remember a 60 Minutes program where they highlighted a woman who started a choir in NYC for black kids as a way to do something positive. The program mentioned, very quickly, that most of the kids came from 2 parent families and lived regular American lives (like most black people period) but then focused the rest of the 30 minutes of that segment on 2 young black girls who had bad home lives and so they further perpetuated the myth that all black kids live in poverty in broken homes.

But you rarely hear liberals denigrade black people as "welfare recipients" or that we don't work or don't care about education or are more criminally prone than anyone else on earth. I think liberals in general and due to this, most Democrats, are more open to other people's individual experiences, but they like everyone else in this country, fall for the media perception about black people. Fortunately, they usually don't start to hate or resent black people for this, instead they seem to see us as a mission and luckily when I come across these sorts of liberals and they talk their "help" talk and I tell them I really don't need them to do anything for me and how they need to leave their false perceptions at the door, they usually will do so. Rarely would you even get a conservative GOP member to come to my neighborhood in particular, unless they are devout evangelicals and then they want to try to "save" you just like the liberals but they don't want to and won't listen to what we really need, as they think they know better than what we know.

All of this are generalizations as well BTW based on my own personal experiences and FWIW, the conservatives I personally know, are no more racist or stereotypical than the liberals I know. But in regards to their general perceptions, I have stated those above.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
The question is badly phrased.

Would be better to ask would a racist be more likely to vote democrat or republican?

Let's be real, most the republicans on this site are racist. They'd tell you they are just speaking the truth though.
no
if ur republican, ur republican, voter or politician

Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Arkansas REPUBLICAN State Rep: Slavery ‘May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise’ for Blacks

Arkansas State Rep: Slavery 'May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise' for Blacks

Should I post more links to vile racist garbage republicans have spewed?
There were 3 that made stupid remarks and lost the backing of the Republican party. You probably didn't even realize that, did you? We are not talking about individuals, they are on both sides of the fence, we are talking as a party....or a large group....

Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Arkansas REPUBLICAN State Rep: Slavery ‘May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise’ for Blacks

Arkansas State Rep: Slavery 'May Actually Have Been a Blessing in Disguise' for Blacks

Should I post more links to vile racist garbage republicans have spewed?
i can actually agree with the idea slavery was good in a sense that now at least blacks are free and are better off here than in africa, but i stopped agreeing when he wrote black people are destroying the education system by influencing the white students in a bad way and that school segregation is the way to go or when he's comparing rise of blacks to rise of hitler lol

Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM

990 posts, read 939,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Let's be honest here, whether you're one or another. Correct me if I'm wrong, but republicans don't seem like they like minorities a lot. Not hating, just saying. While a lot of Democrats are racist too, esp on the down low, still seems like most racists are republicans. Just look at republicans' rallies, all the stupid ass backwards ass white people that this country has to offer go there. Why is that? Does conservative mean close minded? While I understand you can have a diff political ideology like small govt, self reliant, etc, why does it include bigotry? Does religion play a role? And personally, I am not a hardcore democrat or noth, even tho I'm more left leaning, I am independent cuz I am open minded and don't put myself in a box, such as Republican or Democrat, I choose a position based on common sense. I don't like Democrats that much, I just don't like Republicans more. Either way, debate.

Give me a break, anyone who says that the Republicans AREN'T more racist is full of doody. There's a reason why the Republican convention was essentially 99% white and the Democratic one was a rainbow of races and ethnicities. Sure there are racists on the Democratic side (though I'm not one of those morons who says that racism against whites is a problem today, those people are pathetic losers) but the vast majority of racist rednecks are Republicans. Anyone who denies that is either idiotic, delusional or completely ignorant.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
With all due respect to the OP, the only way to change any perceived poor race relations is to be the change you want to see. I am not saying the OP is racially motivated. As participants in the CD Forum, we have to start somewhere. I am asking the mods to delete this thread, not as a disrespect to the OP, but as a suggestion that we start here today and now.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
repubs mite appear to be less tolerant cuz they are
don't jus base my views on rallies, i talk to people
well I wonder who you are talking to? I talked to my granddaughter this morning: her stepson, who is a soph in college, voted for the first time, he and his girlfriend voted for Romney. I talked to my best friend in NM yesterday, her 21 year old grandson voted for the first time, in Ca, he voted for Romney and I talked to my granddaughter in Co over the weekend; her sister in law voted for the first time in Co; she voted for Romney. So, just think, all the people I have talked to, who know college kids who voted for Romney: I guess I know how the young people feel, cause I talked to a handful. You obviously simply, for whatever reason, do not like Republicans,so you start a post, that is really just a non scientific poll and you want us to think you are totally objective, plus using common sense.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:48 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
sarah palin and paul ryan are about as redneck as you can get,
even tho they're from up north lol, so what are you talking about,
lady?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Give me a break, anyone who says that the Republicans AREN'T more racist is full of doody. There's a reason why the Republican convention was essentially 99% white and the Democratic one was a rainbow of races and ethnicities. Sure there are racists on the Democratic side (though I'm not one of those morons who says that racism against whites is a problem today, those people are pathetic losers) but the vast majority of racist rednecks are Republicans. Anyone who denies that is either idiotic, delusional or completely ignorant.
well thats wat i said pretty much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies