Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be Legalized?
Yes 119 86.23%
No 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

P.S. As for the stupid "gateway drug" theory, how do you explain the fact that around 80% of Americans have tried weed - and yet we don't have an 80% population of hard-drug junkies? Hmmmmm. Kinda blows that theory out of the water, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You have a Masters yet you can't read? That's pitiful.

I'll say it slowly this time so that you get it:

All the people I have met....all....the...people...I...have...met...who. ..smoke...it...have...been....complete...and...utt er...morons.

One more time! All the people I. HAVE. MET.

Get it now or do you need pictures?
I can read just fine, but I was responding to your OVERALL comments - like the one that says quite clearly "I have no respect for those who do it." And I'm assuming you've met a fair share of people/smokers in your life, so I'm finding it hard to believe that they're ALL morons (unless you keep very poor company). Do you even know whether or not everyone you've met smokes weed? Bet you wouldn't know if you met me in person, especially given my conservative appearance and profession.

Matter of fact, the guy at my cannabis club just said to me the other day "A stoner librarian? Cool, I didn't know that existed."

Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
I don't believe that 80% have tried it. I also don't think it should be legal. Why legalize something that makes people lazy and stupid? Don't we have enough of those types of people already.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I say less government interference. Just let pot smokers have their weed. And lets tax the heck out of it.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
No way. It turns its users into morons. And it's a gateway drug. Time to crack down on it, not legalize it. No more wrist slaps.
I've been smoking marijuana for years. Hell, I'm puffing a joint right now, and I can't say that MJ has made any other "drug" more attractive to me yet, not even cigarettes. The only thing it's been a gateway to is chips and dessert. As a user, I can attest to the fact that MJ is not 100% harmless. However, the argument for its use to remain criminalized does not need the factless justification that its a "gateway drug".

Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You have a Masters yet you can't read? That's pitiful.

I'll say it slowly this time so that you get it:

All the people I have met....all....the...people...I...have...met...who. ..smoke...it...have...been....complete...and...utt er...morons.

One more time! All the people I. HAVE. MET.

Get it now or do you need pictures?

i guess you meet a lot of morons stereo type much.??? i know lots of people that smoke that are workaholics..

i'm going to roll one up

Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
And it's a gateway drug.
If such exists at all... it's forcing otherwise honest law abiding people to associate with criminals
not the natural state agricultural product itself... a product that should be legal by default.

Want to have a very light hand on distribution? Sure... OK.
But think USDA and county extension agent NOT cops and courts.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I don't believe that 80% have tried it.
You don't have to believe it, but that's what I've read in a number of studies... keep in mind that's people who have TRIED it, not regular users. Regular use is seen in more like 12-15% of the population, which is still a fairly high number. I'll try to find some links for you later, if you still don't believe these stats.

Quote:
I also don't think it should be legal. Why legalize something that makes people lazy and stupid? Don't we have enough of those types of people already.
By that logic television, cars, and fast food should be illegal too... would you agree with those propositions? If people want to be lazy, shouldn't they have that right? As for making people stupid, you're either born stupid or you are not - smoking weed doesn't change that, as proven by the number of outright brilliant individuals who've admitted to partaking.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I've been smoking marijuana for years. Hell, I'm puffing a joint right now, and I can't say that MJ has made any other "drug" more attractive to me yet, not even cigarettes. The only thing it's been a gateway to is chips and dessert. As a user, I can attest to the fact that MJ is not 100% harmless. However, the argument for its use to remain criminalized does not need the factless justification that its a "gateway drug".

stay away from dorito's, they tear up the insides of your cheeks

Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 PM

P.S. Do you really think these highly successful people are lazy morons?? The 10 Most Successful Potheads on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «

And a much more extensive list of admitted users (whether once or regularly, I'm not sure about each): http://boards.cannabis.com/activism/...moke-weed.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies