Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Given the results of the election, I took down the American flag from my house and threw it away (along with the state flag). I was intrigued by the McDonalds who flew the US flag upside down and at half mast as a distress signal.

I have a fairly large farm which has had the American flag flying over it. The US is finished ($24 trillion in debt when Obama is out of office) and will therefore fly the American flag upside down on my farm.

They should now fly "The Jolly Roger" over the white house.
The right wing lost an election!

Prepare for the apocalypse!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
To the OP, if a liberal did this we all know that you would be calling him/her an American hating terrorist lover. You know you would so stop the childish crap that you spew and get a life.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You guys don't understand. Hawkeye2009's portfolio is worth 20 million. It must be so hard for him to move 20 million out of the country.
As someone who has spent most of his life relocating to different nations on various continents, I have not found that the US restricts free movement of one's assets. In fact, I have found it one of the easiest places in the world to move assets into and out of...

If you are so unhappy with the US and don't like that you will still be liable for income tax because you remain an American citizen, there's a cure for that: Renounce your citizenship.

After all, you pledge no allegiance to this nation simple because you disagree with the president we elected. Thus, this nation obviously means nothing to you. Worse, some of you are hoping for war, a revolution, and the demise of this great nation.

If this is how you feel, then why are you still here? And why do you hold on to your citizenship? You see, you are always welcome to have whatever crazy ideas and opinions that you have. However, we do NOT need you. Frankly, I am sure there are quite a few out there who do not want you, either.

Here's the process:

The United States requires that an individual go in person to a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the U.S. and sign before a consular officer an oath or affirmation that he intends to renounce his citizenship, although exceptions are legally permitted in times of war and under special circumstances.[17][18] During the expatriation procedure, the individual must complete several documents and demonstrate in an interview with a consular officer that the renunciation is voluntary and intentional. Depending on the embassy or consulate, the individual is often required to appear in person two times and conduct two separate interviews with consular officers over the course of several months.[19]
There were between 222-235 renunciants in 2008, between 731-743 in 2009, and about 1485 in 2010;[20][21] In 2011, there were 1781 renunciants.[22]
Formal confirmation of the loss of U.S. citizenship is provided by the Certificate of Loss of Nationality and is received by the renunciant a number of months later. Renunciation of U.S. citizenship was free until July 2010, at which time a fee of $450 was established. Although many countries require citizenship of another nation before allowing renunciation, the United States does not and an individual may legally renounce U.S. citizenship and become stateless. Nonetheless, the United States Department of State warns renunciants that, unless they already possess a foreign nationality or are assured of acquiring another nationality shortly after completing their renunciation, they would become stateless and without the protection of any government.[23]

So, go ahead and do it already. Otherwise, you are simply showing the rest of us that you are, indeed, nothing but empty and meaningless words.

Alas, most of us already know that about you.

Last edited by vamos; 11-08-2012 at 11:42 AM..

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You guys don't understand. Hawkeye2009's portfolio is worth 20 million. It must be so hard for him to move 20 million out of the country.
Yep...We all know the story of how Hawkeye2009 is a succesful doctor with a portfolio worth $20 million and yet spends all day complaining on the internet...

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The right wing lost an election!

Prepare for the apocalypse!

No-

AMERICA lost the election.

Tell me- what happens after $24 trillion in debt? The libs have no answer, as they know that such debt levels will result in the economic collapse of the US.

Good job libs- you have done more damage to the nation over this eight year period than all the previous enemies of the US in the course of its history combined. We defeated the Confederates, the Nazis and Japanese, and the Russians in the cold war. However, the "fifth columnists" of liberals killed the nation quickly.

Mao was right

Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
We should fly the Obama flag along with the communist emblem on it. No secret anymore.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Hey- burn it. It means nothing now.

That US is one of "citizens" who vote to give themselves gifts from the government and insure the economic collapse of the nation. Those who voted for Obama were traitors to the old US. Now, in the new US, it is "patriotic" to spend to insolvency and allow chaos to unfold.

The good thing is that this will result in the break up of the US- Obama just sealed the deal and accelerated the process.
Will you be missing your farm subsidy when you move? I'll be great to see another American off of welfare, won't it?

Quote:
No-

AMERICA lost the election.

Tell me- what happens after $24 trillion in debt? The libs have no answer, as they know that such debt levels will result in the economic collapse of the US.

Good job libs- you have done more damage to the nation over this eight year period than all the previous enemies of the US in the course of its history combined. We defeated the Confederates, the Nazis and Japanese, and the Russians in the cold war. However, the "fifth columnists" of liberals killed the nation quickly.

Mao was right
Well cheeze man, you shoulda told us to stay home and not vote! It's all your fault for not telling us WHO to vote for!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Disgusting. You should be removed from this country.
I thinkits no different than people we have seen i pqast and prent that burn the american falg in portest 'really. I might not do any of those but I do support the right to peacefully protest.That is clearly peaceful protest :IMO.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Given the results of the election, I took down the American flag from my house and threw it away (along with the state flag). I was intrigued by the McDonalds who flew the US flag upside down and at half mast as a distress signal.

I have a fairly large farm which has had the American flag flying over it. The US is finished ($24 trillion in debt when Obama is out of office) and will therefore fly the American flag upside down on my farm.

They should now fly "The Jolly Roger" over the white house.
Sounds like somebody didn't get their way.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Yup, and it sounds like now we need to add "No flying the flag upside down" AND "No flag-burning" amendments to the Constitution (although I'm kinda OK with the rolls of T.P. featuring the stars & stripes)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies