Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 06:54 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Let me state right off the cuff I am a 50 year old Democratic, gainfully employed and stable black man. I think it's time for the NAACP to go away as an organization. At one time there was a definite need for such a group but we have just re-elected a black president and despite all of the racial issues that still exist I see no need for such a grass roots group. We as black people have advanced enough to either ignore or handle racial issues on an individual or legal basis. Just my 2 cents.
But then there would be no organization to sustain the culture of victimhood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 06:59 AM

258 posts, read 157,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Yes and we need to shut down the following groups:

Aryan Nation

American Nazi Party

Klu Klux Klan

European-American Unity and Rights Organization

League of the South

Council of Conservative Citizens

White Revolution

Blood and Honour America Division

Stormfront
The moment that those organizations are capable of shaking down large corporations for funding, we can view them on an equal basis.

My working theory is that the Prime Directive for most non-profits is the care and feeding of the executives of the non-profit, so it usually doesn't hurt my feelings when any of them evaporate. The larger and more famous ones never seem to. The March of Dimes mission creep is a nice example.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:01 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You're entitled to your own opinion but I believe your thinking is flawed... The argument you're using against the viability of the NAACP is "we have just re-elected a black president". before you go on please tell me how many black presidents there have been & while you're at it how many blacks currently occupy seats in the Senate? A quick look would indicate that Obama is the exception not the norm. An analysis of the professional workforce (including elected politicians) will indicate there is still a long way to go. So no; your opinion isn't justified nor supported by factual evidence. In my opinion it is contrary to the reality on the ground...
I disagree with you, I'm sure that is no surprise to you,.

Politicians are elected by the people in their districts, etc.

MOST predominately black districts elect black representatives.

The number of black politicians population is proportionate to the number of blacks.

Hell, they have even made laws that GUARANTEE a black will be "elected"

Look at many city's. Those that have a majority of blacks, have black run governments.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:03 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman 39648 View Post
Besides are PRESIDENT OBAMA i know there are really intelligent AFRICAN AMERICANS that love this country and what it has done for their people. The NAACP has used up its credibility and needs to move on. Thanks to AL SHARPTON when any white against black crimes are committed he is the first to bring the black race down by inciting riots which show them burning and looting their own businesses on NATIONAL TV. Its time for the black community to wake up and get in the 21st century
Uh...If Sharpton was inciting riots he would be arrested.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:17 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
They need to reform

Old 06-18-2015, 07:17 AM

258 posts, read 157,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I disagree with you, I'm sure that is no surprise to you,.

Politicians are elected by the people in their districts, etc.

MOST predominately black districts elect black representatives.
I can't see why they wouldn't.

Remember what Lee Kuan Yew said. "In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion."

It certainly isn't 100% true, but isn't a bad rule of thumb.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:40 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon X Seaworthy View Post
I can't see why they wouldn't.

Remember what Lee Kuan Yew said. "In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion."

It certainly isn't 100% true, but isn't a bad rule of thumb.
"Remember what Lee Kuan Yew said." Never heard of him.

"you vote in accordance with race and religion."

I disagree with this vehemently.

There are as many white Christians in both parties.

If what you claim is true , EVERY white Christian would vote 1 party like most blacks do.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:59 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Let me state right off the cuff I am a 50 year old Democratic, gainfully employed and stable black man. I think it's time for the NAACP to go away as an organization. At one time there was a definite need for such a group but we have just re-elected a black president and despite all of the racial issues that still exist I see no need for such a grass roots group. We as black people have advanced enough to either ignore or handle racial issues on an individual or legal basis. Just my 2 cents.
Or...as a famous man once said...... I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Read more at I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the... - Martin Luther King, Jr. at BrainyQuote

Old 06-18-2015, 11:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Ignorance abounds today.

The OP is from 2012.

Also he/she doesn't seem to know anything about what the NAACP does. Neither does the other posters for that matter.

You should all educate yourselves about what they do instead of believing your biased media sources.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
We as black people have advanced enough to either ignore or handle racial issues on an individual or legal basis. Just my 2 cents.
And 2 cents is about all its worth. Clearly you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in federal court for the last 20 years, or paying attention to much else for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies