Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,411,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
could be. Do you know for sure he is telling the truth? No you don't. Nobody just comes out and admits something when nobody is asking. He was either forced out or wanted out and this gives him an excuse.
Neither of those make sense.

1) IF the Administration wanted him out Obama would simply has asked for his resignation and then announced that Patraeus left for "personal reasons" or to "Pursue other things". There was no need to create a story like this.

2) IF Petraues wanted out he could have simply resigned and stated one of those reasons above - why would he bring trouble to his marriage by saying something like he did?

The ONLY reason someone would admit to an affair is because he HAD AN AFFAIR and word of it was about to come out somehow anyway.

As I said, maybe his mistress was a spy and had tried to blackmail him - and Patraeus, rather than submit to that, simply came clean.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,631,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Generals are politicians. Politicians are liars.

You do the math.
So then those hoping that Petraeus will reveal the TRUTH about Libya are expecting a liar to tell the truth then, eh? Yep sounds crazy!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,467,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Neither of those make sense.

1) IF the Administration wanted him out Obama would simply has asked for his resignation and then announced that Patraeus left for "personal reasons" or to "Pursue other things". There was no need to create a story like this.

2) IF Petraues wanted out he could have simply resigned and stated one of those reasons above - why would he bring trouble to his marriage by saying something like he did?

The ONLY reason someone would admit to an affair is because he HAD AN AFFAIR and word of it was about to come out somehow anyway.

As I said, maybe his mistress was a spy and had tried to blackmail him - and Patraeus, rather than submit to that, simply came clean.

Ken
David, we want you to resign.

Hell no I won't, I'm going to testify about what your screw up in Benghazi next week.

If you do that, we'll leak this extemely damning information. Or, we can keep it quiet but you're going to have to admit to having an affair, the details, we'll keep quiet.

Ok.

Depends on the details of the affair. If he was dressing up in womens clothes and diapers with 16 year old girls....

Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So then those hoping that Petraeus will reveal the TRUTH about Libya are expecting a liar to tell the truth then, eh? Yep sounds crazy!!!
I never said I was waiting for that from him. But you're point is valid.

We'll find out in years, when insiders spill the beans after the Obama administration is out of office.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,411,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
David, we want you to resign.

Hell no I won't, I'm going to testify about what your screw up in Benghazi next week.

If you do that, we'll leak this extemely damning information. Or, we can keep it quiet but you're going to have to admit to having an affair, the details, we'll keep quiet.

Ok.

Depends on the details of the affair. If he was dressing up in womens clothes and diapers with 16 year old girls....
Dumb theory that makes no sense.

"If you do that, we'll leak this extemely damning information. Or, we can keep it quiet but you're going to have to admit to having an affair, the details, we'll keep quiet." - what the HECK does THAT mean?

Ken

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Dumb theory that makes no sense.

"If you do that, we'll leak this extemely damning information. Or, we can keep it quiet but you're going to have to admit to having an affair, the details, we'll keep quiet." - what the HECK does THAT mean?

Ken
Better to have the dam leak a little, then to burst all at once.

Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,984,925 times
Well I said before the election that Patreus was going to step down after the election. My Crystal ball is working very well. Benghazi was a CIA operation and he was in charge of the CIA, he has to fall on the sword.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well I said before the election that Patreus was going to step down after the election. My Crystal ball is working very well. Benghazi was a CIA operation and he was in charge of the CIA, he has to fall on the sword.
I'm not going through every page for the math, but it sounds to me that the VAST majority of people, for one reason or another, feel there is more to this resignation then an affair.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,710,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns Effective Immediately
He is going to testify before the Congressional hearing on Benghazi next week, and is now conveniently no longer under the thumb of the president to remain silent.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,328,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I find it interesting that the president of the United States can engage in sexual activity with an intern and he doesn't have to resign but the CIA head does. I find that a bit of a disconnect.
He resigned voluntarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies