Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,991 times

Advertisements

It is constant. Murders, serial killers, rapes, gang rapes, tortures, and just about every other sick and sadistic thing you can think of.

These days. When I hear about US kids shooting up thier school, or serial killers with houses full of bodies, or people randomly killing others just for the thrill, it does not surprise me anymore. It is just normal culture in the USA.

There are a lot of reasons why the USA is like this. One can only speculate as to the reason why American society has become so dysfunctional. But the fact is, American society on the whole is incredibly violent and twisted these days.

Of course some of you will say "Oh no it isn't" or "Every place has crimes like that". Well, America is twisted. And America is one of the most dangerous and murderous places on Earth. In spite of it's wealth.

Lately i've been living and traveling in lots of other countries. And the USA has some of the meanest people and most dangerous streets of all the countries i've been to. Including lots of the "third world countries". There are only a few places, some of the poorest countries on Earth, that felt more dangerous than the USA to me.

Lately things have gotten really bad in the USA. One the news, there are constant stories of murders and rapes. People in the USA seem to have a twisted, carnal, animal urge to so sadistic things to others. Lots and lots and lots of perverts and people with sick desires.

And when you walk the streets in the USA. It just feels wierd in most places. There is a tension in the air, lots of places are downright dangerous, and it's just not a peaceful society by any stretch.

So, what's happening? Why are Americans doing such twisted things? Why so many wierdos, psychos and sociopaths? What do you think we can do to change this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
It is constant. Murders, serial killers, rapes, gang rapes, tortures, and just about every other sick and sadistic thing you can think of.

These days. When I hear about US kids shooting up thier school, or serial killers with houses full of bodies, or people randomly killing others just for the thrill, it does not surprise me anymore. It is just normal culture in the USA.

There are a lot of reasons why the USA is like this. One can only speculate as to the reason why American society has become so dtsfunctional. But the fact is, American society on the whole is incredibly violent and twisted these days.

Of course some of you will say "Oh no it isn't" or "Every place has crimes like that". Well, America is twisted. And America is one of the most dangerous and murderous places on Earth. In spite of it's wealth.

Lately i've been living and traveling in lots of other countries. And the USA has some of the meanest people and most dangerous streets of all the countries i've been to. Including lots of the "third world countries".
Lately things have gotten really bad in the USA. One the news, there are constant stories of murders and rapes. People in the USA seem to have a twisted, carnal, animal urge to so sadistic things to others.

And when you walk the streets in the USA. It just feels wierd in most places. There is a tension in the air, lots of places are downright dangerous, and it's just not a peaceful society by any stretch.

So, what's happening? Why are Americans doing such twisted things? Why so many wierdos, psychos and sociopaths?

You don't know much about the world do you?

America hater alert!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You don't know much about the world do you?

America hater alert!
Brilliant response.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
Quote:
Brilliant response.
You usually do not expect good responses from him.

But anyways, I agree. There is something up here. I think there is a lot of tension.

I have only visited Canada and I like it there.

I do not feel more safer there than I do here. It is the same but I live in a good area in Michigan.

That might be why.

It is sad though that high school shooting and gang rapes are becoming the norm. I used to get so shocked but hardly do not anymore.

I remember a year or so back, this teenager was killed for his mp3 player in Germany and it was such a shock to the entire country. They all held vigils for him and protested where he was being held and demanded the harshest punishment they could give him.

Here? No one cares.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,554 times
Quote:

There are a lot of reasons why the USA is like this. One can only speculate as to the reason why American society has become so dysfunctional. But the fact is, American society on the whole is incredibly violent and twisted these days.

Lately i've been living and traveling in lots of other countries. And the USA has some of the meanest people and most dangerous streets of all the countries i've been to. Including lots of the "third world countries". There are only a few places, some of the poorest countries on Earth, that felt more dangerous than the USA to me.

Lately things have gotten really bad in the USA. One the news, there are constant stories of murders and rapes. People in the USA seem to have a twisted, carnal, animal urge to so sadistic things to others. Lots and lots and lots of perverts and people with sick desires.

So, what's happening? Why are Americans doing such twisted things? Why so many wierdos, psychos and sociopaths? What do you think we can do to change this?
1. Criminals are committing crimes. This is nothing new.

2. Because criminals committ crimes. America has criminals.

3. Because we're the third most populous country in the world. India, China, Brazil and Indonesia are greater or somewhat close in population. None of them are "safe" countries either.

4. Start executing more criminals. No more liberal hug a thug policies.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
1. Criminals are committing crimes. This is nothing new.

2. Because criminals committ crimes. America has criminals.

3. Because we're the third most populous country in the world. India, China, Brazil and Indonesia are greater or somewhat close in population. None of them are "safe" countries either.

4. Start executing more criminals. No more liberal hug a thug policies.
This is true.

But, I think the USA is different. I think that in the USA there is something perverted and psychopathic about the crime. It usually goes behond a gang shooting or a robbery. It is often a Jeffrey Daumer types. Twisted and sick people battling mental illness and perverted urges. I think the USA has more of this going on than any other place.

Criminals are not "them". They are "us". If lots of Americans are growing up into criminals, then that is our issue because they are our people.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You usually do not expect good responses from him.

But anyways, I agree. There is something up here. I think there is a lot of tension.

I have only visited Canada and I like it there.

I do not feel more safer there than I do here. It is the same but I live in a good area in Michigan.

That might be why.

It is sad though that high school shooting and gang rapes are becoming the norm. I used to get so shocked but hardly do not anymore.

I remember a year or so back, this teenager was killed for his mp3 player in Germany and it was such a shock to the entire country. They all held vigils for him and protested where he was being held and demanded the harshest punishment they could give him.

Here? No one cares.
Exactly. In the USA they are constantly finding houses full of bodies, and murder suicides. It's become a typical nightly news story. It's become rather normal.

But of course lots of people just act like it isn't happening. Even though it is happening for us all to see.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:57 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,015,083 times
Quote:
This is true.

But, I think the USA is different. I think that in the USA there is something perverted and psychopathic about the crime. It usually goes behond a gang shooting or a robbery. It is often a Jeffrey Daumer types. Twisted and sick people battling mental illness and perverted urges. I think the USA has more of this going on than any other place.

Criminals are not "them". They are "us". If lots of Americans are growing up into criminals, then that is our issue because they are our people.
The reason you hear so much about these types of crimes because the media sensationalize this stuff here in the US. I've been hearing of some really sick crimes in Mexico but their media isn't on top of this stuff as ours. Also, our kids are being increasingly exposed to violent TV, film and video games during their formative years and have become desensitized towards violence. Another factor is the Me generation as we are no longer looking out for our neighbors. I do think that as a whole, the world seems to be a more desperate place and folks have lost their moral compass. There is no longer a consensus in terms of right versus wrong due to moral relativism which will eventually give away to anarchy as folks make their own individual determinations of what's right and wrong.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:00 AM

Quote:
This is true.

They still getting all those feet washing up on the shore in Canada? You know the ones, they are not attached to a body. Hey and what about that guy that was feeding all his victiims (lots of victims) to his pigs? I believe that was in BC (not quite sure)

Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:

I thought you would like to expand your education some.

Twelve of the World's Most Dangerous Countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies