Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 01:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Those darn white liberals why are they interfering with Marion Barry's corruption? That's racist.

Barry: Only “Liberal White Folks” Care Who Pays for My Turkey Giveaway - Loose Lips

Quote:
As in years past, Barry is declining to say who paid for the turkeys he'll be giving away or whether those donors also have contracts with the city.
"Suppose they are," says Barry, who says city contractors shouldn't be barred from being charitable. He says he's keeping his donors secret to protect them from the media.
"You all beat up on good people for doing good things," Barry says. "I'm not ever telling." He adds that several would-be donors to his most recently campaign shied away from giving because they did not want their names printed in his campaign finance reports.

Barry says it's only "liberal white folks" who are interested in disclosure rules for turkey giveaways. He added that it's the same types who are interested in other good-government initiatives, like the city's open meetings laws. "Look who lead

Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
The opportunity for one-liners is endless here.

But I just imagine the outcry if a conservative white Southern city politico had made a similar comment about "liberal black folks." Every major network would have had an aneurysm. But we will hear little about this remark by Marion Barry.

Libs are always tolerant of racism, as long as there a D behind the name, and that speaks volumes about libs.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Ahhh yes, Marion Barry, the leader of the democratic party.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Ahhh yes, Marion Barry, the leader of the democratic party.
except that it's not just Marion Barry. It's a pattern. Spike Lee says "I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street," yet he is welcome to host a big fundraiser for Obama. Danny K Davis (D, Chicago) says that people should vote along racial lines, and nobody cares. "Once you vote black, you never go back" buttons in evidence at the Dem Nat'l Convention, la dee da, who cares. What if somebody had a 'vote white' button at the R Nat'l convention?

Al Sharpton talks about "white interlopers" and is rewarded with a speaking slot at the Dem Nat'l Convention.

Face it, libs are tolerant of racist sentiment, as long as it has a D behind the name.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

But I just imagine the outcry if a conservative white Southern city politico had made a similar comment about "liberal black folks." Every major network would have had an aneurysm. But we will hear little about this remark by Marion Barry.

Libs are always tolerant of racism, as long as there a D behind the name, and that speaks volumes about libs.
you'd think they might be proud of the fact that marion has a problem with them - i certainly would be.

but chances are they will default to the usual squalls of 'racism' at the OP for merely daring to post this.

Old 11-27-2014, 04:36 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

When asked about the recipe for the mashed potatoes, he politely told reporters to beat it.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Marion Barry shakes down businesses for turkeys just like a thug.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:38 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
His dumba$$ constituents voted this clown back in AFTER videos and later criminal convictions for crack smoking/possession and hanging around prostitutes came out.

Shows how low the bar is for public office is in DC.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:09 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
He is dead, so it's time to let this go.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:09 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He is dead, so it's time to let this go.
You beat me to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies