Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM

397 posts, read 258,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This dumbo can't even pronounce 'corps'.
Lets concentrate on getting the Country going. The election is over and President Obama won. He will never run again so all the name calling is counter productive. Employees and Employers need to come together and help each other. It has been one sided for to long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,174,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
They were all the rage back in the 70's. Picked one up at a yard sale a week ago for 10 cents.
did you get the leash and the Pet Rock house?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Oh no! Romney lost! Let's talk about Obama's phonetic skills!
What is it with you people? Will this be your mantra for the next 4 years? Obama won!!! Romney lost!!!

You might want to stop pizzing your pants over Obama's victory because you are really looking very childish. I'm in a position to say this because I'm not a republican. If I was a democrat I would be embarrassed by this childish behavior.

You act as if this is the only thing you won in your life and Obama is your trophy. Good for you, now you can stop seeing yourself as a loser. Get over it.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,691,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He made mistakes same has other president shave. We just have to wait to see if condian make the same fun they did when others did it.
Huh? One too many beers there Tex?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,118,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Lets concentrate on getting the Country going. The election is over and President Obama won. He will never run again so all the name calling is counter productive. Employees and Employers need to come together and help each other. It has been one sided for to long.
I agree. These threads are ridiculous. Obviously a bunch of children who have nothing better to do than nit pick every single thing the President does. If Romney won I would sincerely hope for him to do the best possible job he could and that everyone would support him. The fiscal cliff, war in the middle east, and here people are making pointless posts because he mispronounced something. It's a disgrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What is it with you people? Will this be your mantra for the next 4 years? Obama won!!! Romney lost!!!

You might want to stop pizzing your pants over Obama's victory because you are really looking very childish. I'm in a position to say this because I'm not a republican. If I was a democrat I would be embarrassed by this childish behavior.

You act as if this is the only thing you won in your life and Obama is your trophy. Good for you, now you can stop seeing yourself as a loser. Get over it.
Did see the OP? This post was started as an Obama bashing thread...who is being childish here?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:35 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,136,161 times
what a thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

I don't think anyone is pissing their pants over Obama crushing the competition. I think it is just easier to say "Obama won, Romney lost. Get over it." every time the right makes a stupid comment, stupid thread, or laments their imagined doom of our country. Instead of being productive or supportive, they continue to mire in their own self pity cheering and hoping fruitlessly for the collapse of the nation. All so they can say "Haha, I told you so! Now I will enjoy this Pyrrhic victory while civilization collapse around me!"

So, it really is just easier to say "Obama won, Romney Lost. Get over it." than writing a five paragraph post on why Romney lost and why, in fact, the country is headed in the right direction much to their chagrin.

Oh and this isn't on the front page or even mentioned on fox news. I think this actually tells you that it is a non factor.

Last edited by btsilver; 11-20-2012 at 11:50 AM..

Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,487,684 times
Quote:
International Protocols ARE important. Insulting behaviour as exhibited by DumbObama is a disgrace, but gives us a great insight into just how empty he is - but, he IS a DemocRAT, so it is to be expected.
Nobody threw a shoe at him.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,646,232 times
At least he had the guts to raise serious issue with Aung San Suu Kyi of the appalling massacres of Rohingya Muslims by Buddhists in the Rakhine state of Burma.

As for the mispronounciation of her name , she lived in the UK (and married a Brit) and must be pretty used by now to just about anyone being unable to pronounce it properly. Even experts on Burmese politics seem divided on how they pronounce it on air on British TV and Radio. Hardly worth the feathering and tarring.

He used both "Burma" and "Myanmar" in his speeches , until the name is officially changed back to "Burma", that is called Diplomacy. Democracy is a fragile blossom at the moment in Burma, antagonising the old guard until the new one is firmly ensconced would be pretty stupid. Things are changing pretty fast but anything could still destabilise a country which has suffered for far too long.

As for the spontaneous shows of affection, Aung San Suu Kyi must be pretty used to them by now. She was virtually mobbed in Oxford on a recent visit recently. Because of her high profile , strength and determination and her personality she has now become a global icon , she , whether right or wrong now belongs to the world. I cannot imagine her being that offended by a gesture of affection and respect. She did look awkward but offended ? Seriously ?

This a woman who has never stopped fighting, who lost her husband and children to the cause she was fighting for, she spent years abused and under house arrest unable to see her loved ones.

And has retained great dignity and now is on the cusp of realising what she has spent decades struggling for. And people think she will be somehow thrown or offended by people showing her how they admire her and respect her ? I think not. I think she has some far more important things on her mind at the moment.

Do some posters have nothing better than to carp on about trivial stuff or do they occasionally turn their attentions to actual genuine issues ?

The reception Obama got in Burma does not seem to indicate his behaviour to have been considered beyond the pale.... He seemed to be pretty popular with people.

Not so much in Cambodia though... Raising human rights issues is always going to be risky business.

Does it sting that badly that most of the world loves Obama and respects him ? And that Romney (and Bush when President) disgraced himself pretty much anywhere he went ? It must be hard to swallow someone you loathe so much actually being that popular but quite frankly these attacks are beyond puerile and churlish.

Grow up people. When people who chose people like Bush, Romney, Santorum, Palin, Bachman, Ryan etc... to represent their views I think pretty much anything you say has to be taken with a large pinch of salt. Talk about bloody disgraces and embarassing. I think the GOP can do a lot better so why does it pick so many lame horses. Is it a repressed sense of masochism ?

Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,238,152 times
Quote:
It's all over the news - Dumbo grossly and repeatedly mispronounced the names of two world-class leaders. But then, what else would you expect from the Chicago thug posing as a leader.!!

What's a Chicago thug? Anyone from Chicago?

Or just a n*****? That's what you wish to say, isn't it? "What would you expect from a n-word?" makes more sense in our linguistic history than the phrase "Chicago thug."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies