Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,362 times

Advertisements

Federal workers...please...majority have cushy jobs and are on the most part..incompetent, lazy and highly over paid.....give me a break...

Federal Workers to Congress: Leave Us Out of Deficit Deal - NationalJournal.com

Last edited by Mr.XXX; 11-21-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 04:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Federal workers...please...majority have cushy jobs and are on the most part..incompetent, lazy and highly over paid.....give me a break...

While you extolled the common ignorant stereotype of government workers, you really have no idea what federal jobs require nor do you have any clue as the competence of those workers. Many federal jobs require advanced degrees and skills.

What we do know is that Obama froze federal salaries early in his administration and keeping federal salaries frozen is like taking a pay cut. Federal salaries represent a few percent of the budget and have little impact on the budget. So yes, don't use federal workers as pawns in any budget deal.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 AM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
Quote:

Part of the reason why it appears as though feds are paid so well, is because the bulk of jobs, especially in the DC metro area, are for white collar professions (i.e. medical doctors, dentists, attorneys, engineers, technical writers, analysts, accountants, program managers, etc). When salary reports are generated by the Office of Personnel Management, the actual professions are listed. However, whenever the media reports these salary figures, they tend to use the blanket label, "federal employee," instead of the professional job series.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 11-21-2012 at 05:06 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 AM

Rasmussen poll: 46 percent of "Government Workers" believe their private sector counterparts work harder than they do, while just 32 percent say the opposite.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Rasmussen poll: 46 percent of "Government Workers" believe their private sector counterparts work harder than they do, while just 32 percent say the opposite.
Produce the link to the poll. Not that I don't trust you.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Produce the link to the poll. Not that I don't trust you.
Poll: Even government workers say they are lazier | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 11-21-2012, 05:43 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Why do you hate our military ? Why do you hate our government ? You do realize there are more than just office workers as far as federal employees go right ? Have you ever seen the qualifications one needs to get a blue collar job with the gov. ?? Also this was taken from your link btw:
Quote:
But even though they agree that they don’t work as hard, government workers say that they don’t earn as much as private sector workers--exactly the opposite of what private employees believe. Some 56 percent of all Americans said that government workers make the most, 54 percent of government workers said private industry pays better.
The part I bolded for you is what you should be focusing on, so go ahead and say they are costing us sooo much money when in reality it's the politicians up top that are sucking all of our hard earned money off the top.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Federal salaries represent a few percent of the budget.....
How many times is that same argument used for so many other expenses?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How many times is that same argument used for so many other expenses?
That's total salaries. Their raises are even less significant. So even if you eliminated all federal jobs, which isn't possible, tat would save 3%.

As for the above poll, that was a Washington examiner article quoting the poll, which isn't linked. We know from the election how accurate Rassmussen polls are.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Why do you hate our military
I do not hate the military...I'm not a liberal...

The military is the only branch of government that I still respect!!!

Government workers make as much as 40 percent more than their private sector counterparts, according to a new study.

Fed. employees make more than private sector counterparts | The Daily Caller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies