Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM

114 posts, read 100,311 times

Advertisements

These are indeed really eerie looking. It looks like something out of a Sci-Fi movie. What is the true agenda behind these cities being built? They are completely unoccupied by people.............Have a look at these pictures and tell me what you think the motive is behind the building of these cities.......... More eerie ‘ghost cities’ popping up

Old 11-21-2012, 05:48 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
A few possibilities.
Evacuation points. Selected people go there and await evacuation by aliens.
Alien housing. Aliens go there to learn to live amongst humans in their surroundings.
Its a safe zone, protected areas where survivors of whatever bad thing they have planned can go to and wait out the rest of humanity dying off.
Use your imaginations but there are creepy things going on, this and places like the Denver Airport underground bunkers.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
The author of the article is about two years late behind other more respected bloggers.

What China is doing is plainly obvious.

Chinese GDP is partially based off construction goods and consumption, so when they have a bad year for GDP, what do they do? They spend MASSIVE amounts of money to boost their GDP and make themselves look good to the rest of the world, hoping investors will keep throwing money down the black hole er... "investment gold mine of the 21st century."

Chinese external debt is only about 24%, but in reality their debt/GDP is close to 90%. How else can you sustain 8-12% growth for a decade? Anwer is: you can't, at least not with an open, competitive, and transparent economy. Which theirs isn't. SO they cook the books. Simple.

I pulled all my chinese investments out two years ago. In that time we've seen scandal after book-cooking scandal. I'm glad I pulled out. Mark my words, in a few years, China will be a wasteland.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Very strange, if true. The images all look like photoshop constructions, though, so I have my doubts.

I might try to look into it if I can find some time ... It IS intriguing.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 PM

114 posts, read 100,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
The author of the article is about two years late behind other more respected bloggers.

What China is doing is plainly obvious.

Chinese GDP is partially based off construction goods and consumption, so when they have a bad year for GDP, what do they do? They spend MASSIVE amounts of money to boost their GDP and make themselves look good to the rest of the world, hoping investors will keep throwing money down the black hole er... "investment gold mine of the 21st century."

Chinese external debt is only about 24%, but in reality their debt/GDP is close to 90%. How else can you sustain 8-12% growth for a decade? Anwer is: you can't, at least not with an open, competitive, and transparent economy. Which theirs isn't. SO they cook the books. Simple.

I pulled all my chinese investments out two years ago. In that time we've seen scandal after book-cooking scandal. I'm glad I pulled out. Mark my words, in a few years, China will be a wasteland.
This is interesting. I found this article and thought I would post it...............China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho..............China Wants To Construct A 50 Square Mile Self-Sustaining City South Of Boise, Idaho

Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 PM

397 posts, read 257,629 times
These look like the cities on command and conquer. Thats whats scary.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
I was in China a few years ago, drove around a lot. I saw some places that I dubbed "instant cities", which seemed to be large numbers of apartment buildings built out in the middle of nowhere. My title was something of a joke, since i really didn't know what they were for, and that was all that occurred to me. I didn't think of checking to see if they were occupied. Why would they not be?

I sort of assumed that the Chinese govt was big on central planning, and also big on "company towns" as it were... except in China, I don't think companies own anything. Rather, companies are (often) owned by the government, so anything built for the company, is really owned by the government. So my guesswork went.

I imagined that the govt might decide the country needs a plant to build automobiles. So they pick an unused spot out in the middle of nowhere, build one of these "instant cities", persuade a bunch of people to move into it (how? Maybe tell them that a factory will be there, and that if they move in NOW, they'll get factory wages (or maybe 50% of factory wages) starting right now, if they sign a contract to work in the factory for at least five years once it's built. Or something like that), and then build the factory at their leisure, maybe using the suddenly-available-and-on-site residents to help build it. Then start things up and start making automobiles.

Of course the "instant city" also includes stores, parks, transportation, a power plant, all the usual city stuff. Maybe planned farms, rice paddies, and cattle ranches in the outskirts for all I know. And maybe other factories in addition to the auto plant. It really IS an "instant city".

Well, that's all my guesswork, based on what whipped by outside the car window in a few seconds two summers ago.

The ones I saw in China, weren't photoshops. They were very real. Apartment space for 50,000 people or more, at a guess.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
There is one being built in New Mexico, so, probably for aliens.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
There is one being built in New Mexico,
Where in NM?

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Where in NM?
Near Hobbs.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/ne...US&.lang=en-US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies