Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yep, I find that most employers with 50 to 100 employees find the time to spend all day posting nonsense on the internets.
I'm not online all day. However, guess who does the work for me.

Quote:
If your businesses is about to go belly up, I think I know the REAL reason for your failure.
It's not going belly up. I'm just winding it down. I have no interest in being any more of a tax slave than I already am. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in having that sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My point was that while the poor and elderly may not pay FEDERAL taxes, they do pay many other taxes - including payroll.
So does everyone else who earns a salary. As I said, you have NO point.
Quote:
My point was that perhaps the rich pay FEDERAL taxes because they can afford to do so.
If the poor can afford cigarettes, beer or liquor, and fast food, they can afford to pay federal income tax. Make them pay federal income tax. No more freebies.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
This. No responsible, ethical business owner with employees who depend on the business for their livelihoods is going to close shop because he has to :gasp: pay taxes.
Too bad.

Already happening in England.

Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate - Telegraph

Laffer Curve. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
How about a doctor that works long hours to provide health care to the sick?... Obama and Liz Warren, liberals and democrats think these people are evil.
Lol just because he wants you to pay your fair share of taxes? Or because he wants everyone to have a chance at good health. Forgot which thread this is

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Lol just because he wants you to pay your fair share of taxes? Or because he wants everyone to have a chance at good health. Forgot which thread this is
When you pay your fair share of taxes. Anyone who wants to raise taxes should write a check. Liberals are good at spending other peoples money.

Guilt is not working for me so don't bother lol. In fact your attempts got the opposite reaction than you want. How about if you pay my fair share for me.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Too bad.

Already happening in England.

Two-thirds of millionaires left Britain to avoid 50p tax rate - Telegraph

"Too bad"? Taking your ball and going home then? You are only hurting yourself and the people who depend on you for their livings. That is not an honorable stance to be flaunting nor boasting.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
When you see a rich person do you feel anger, jealousy or bitterness?

Are those the only possible options?

I don't feel anything. They are people, just like anyone else.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not sure but can we say the Laffer Curve is ...

Increasing taxes to a point of diminishing returns.

Businesses will attempt to recoup money due to increase expense of higher taxes. They will do this by raising prices but have to also be careful not to increase to the point of diminishing returns so they will raise prices but also look at reducing other expenses (employees).

Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
"Too bad"? Taking your ball and going home then?
I laugh every time I see anyone posting .... taking your ball and going home. lol

Quote:
You are only hurting yourself and the people who depend on you for their livings. That is not an honorable stance to be flaunting nor boasting.
LOL, hurting the people who depend on them? You didn't think any thing about hurting the rich and businesses did you now.

Whenever you wish higher taxes on your neighbor for vengeance, know the neighbor will soon return the favor. In this case Obama will force them to return the favor.

Liberals, I thought you were supposed to understand human nature?

Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I laugh every time I see anyone posting .... taking your ball and going home. lol

LOL, hurting the people who depend on them? You didn't think any thing about hurting the rich and businesses did you now.

Whenever you wish higher taxes on your neighbor for vengeance, know the neighbor will soon return the favor. In this case Obama will force them to return the favor.

Liberals, I thought you were supposed to understand human nature?
It's not vengeance! If that's what you think, there is so much that you don't understand about the liberal standpoint, it's frightening. Dear Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies