Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,577,061 times

Advertisements

We've heard enough "na-na we won"...how about telling us how obama will make things better.

What will he do to create jobs?

What will he do to stimulate the economy?

How will he pay for his programs?

What's his plan? (I assume everyone who voted for him knows all about his wonderful plans )

What will the nation look like in 4 more years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,846,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
We've heard enough "na-na we won"...how about telling us how obama will make things better.

What will he do to create jobs?

What will he do to stimulate the economy?

How will he pay for his programs?

What's his plan? (I assume everyone who voted for him knows all about his wonderful plans )

Isn't this a question that you perhaps should have asked BEFORE the elections?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:49 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,585 times
What good things will obama do?

For starters, he wont undue the progress of the last 4 years (Lilly Ledbetter, Obamacare, Stem Cell Research, Student Loans, Credit Regulation etc). He wont be running haphazardly into wars. He'll end the war in Afghanistan, make the wealthy contribute their fair share, continue to foster outstanding relationships with our allies, invest in education and clean energy, appoint two more liberals to the Supreme Court, kill more terrorists, and last but not least he wont be Mitt Romney!!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,716,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A lot of people did.
Obama ignored the first two: jobs and economy
He said he'd pay for everything by taxing the 1%
He didn't have a plan until the last couple weeks before elections, when waved a booklet in the air that, turns out, was full of big colorful pictures and very litle text.
He said he needed 4 more years to do what he didn't do the first 4 years. Now he says he'll travel a lot more. That leaves us to concentrate on how the places look where he's going, not what the country will look like in 4 years because it's his travel that the media will cover, you know.

Maybe YOU can tell us what good things he actually will do.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Obama will continue the wars, trampling civil liberties, cronyism, taxes, regulations, class warfare, spending,killing women and children with drone attacks...
He raised the bar pretty high his first term.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
What good things will obama do?

For starters, he wont undue the progress of the last 4 years (Lilly Ledbetter, Obamacare, Stem Cell Research, Student Loans, Credit Regulation etc). He wont be running haphazardly into wars. He'll end the war in Afghanistan, make the wealthy contribute their fair share, continue to foster outstanding relationships with our allies, invest in education and clean energy, appoint two more liberals to the Supreme Court, kill more terrorists, and last but not least he wont be Mitt Romney!!
And what's he going to do in regards to OASDI and HI when the Trustees report is claim the US economy will be $49 trillion in 2035 and the average income will be $125,000 per year and at the same time the US will need to add $233 billion in revenue each and every year from 2025 tithe foreseeable future?

No, I'm not joking either.

Do you think he'll add another "safety net" program that we won't be able to afford? Do you think he'll claim he can pay for it by taxing rich people?

Inquiring nations want to know...

Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I did and decided the answer was not anywhere I wanted to go, which is why I didn't vote for him. I'm asking those who voted for him to tell me what they think he's going to do for this country. Obviously, they think he's going to do something good. I'd like to know what it is.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,703,970 times
The main reason I wanted Romney to lose is because I'm a social libertarian. Romney and the Republican Party represent the opposite of social freedom. They're not even good on economic freedom. Every time we've had a Republican president, spending has increased, and we've gained fewer jobs than we have under Democratic presidents.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The main reason I wanted Romney to lose is because I'm a social libertarian. Romney and the Republican Party represent the opposite of social freedom. They're not even good on economic freedom. Every time we've had a Republican president, spending has increased, and we've gained fewer jobs than we have under Democratic presidents.
So why do you think obama is a good leader for our country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies