Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,736,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Really? Good! But you never get sick of demonizing the producers and successful people.

You don't me, so WTF are you talking about?

White Poverty Statistics in the U.S. - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
I do think it's fair to say that when many (not all) white conservatives rail against people on welfare, they're not thinking of the white family in Appalachia. They've just had a "hard life". It's usually blacks in the inner city, or undocumented immigrants who enter their mental picture. At least, that's been my experience when people have talked to me about it. I don't think it's willful racism exactly, just a learned stereotype about those people that has to be unlearned.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
the op is a bit misleading. look closer at the stats. yes from the quantitive amounts true, whites get more money, but the country is 67 % white of course the whites are going to get more. but welfare rolls are 50% black, AA are only 11% of the population.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-25-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
Nearly 12 percent of Americans receive aid—28 percent of blacks, 15 percent of Latinos and 8 percent of whites….Half of Americans receive food stamps, at least briefly, by the time they turn 20. Among black children, the figure was 90 percent.

Knowing that more than 50 percent of births in America are to non-whites now (first time ever), it is important that we understand the non-whites having these children are dependent on the state (i.e. taxpayers) for fitting the bill for feeding their progeny.

In fact, a shocking 49 percent of all babies born in the U.S. are born to families receiving food supplements from the WIC program, according to Jean Daniel, spokesperson for the USDA.

In many major cities, upwards to 50 percent or more of Black people are on EBT cards. This doesn't include the free lunches (and sometimes breakfast) that predominately Black school districts receive. Detroit will now offer all students free lunches so as to eliminate the stigma that receiving a free lunch might present to Black kids whose parents - more than likely - also live off TANF/Welfare, EBT cards, and Section 8 Housing:

Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I do think it's fair to say that when many (not all) white conservatives rail against people on welfare, they're not thinking of the white family in Appalachia. They've just had a "hard life". It's usually blacks in the inner city, or undocumented immigrants who enter their mental picture. At least, that's been my experience when people have talked to me about it. I don't think it's willful racism exactly, just a learned stereotype about those people that has to be unlearned.
I agree, very well stated. Notice how the racial stereotypes are so acceptable when posted about blacks but the personal attacks from the closeted members of Storm Front come out in full fledged personal attack mode when the tables are turned?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I agree, very well stated. Notice how the racial stereotypes are so acceptable when posted about blacks but the personal attacks from the closeted members of Storm Front come out in full fledged personal attack mode when the tables are turned?
Just like the stereotyping of small business people, yep, they are the stereotyped aside the big bankers? Obama has done very well getting his voter base to rail against these people.

Obama needed a target and they were chosen one's.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 PM

971 posts, read 1,454,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Really? Please expound.
I also paid into social security for 39 years and when I signed up to receive my paid for benifits, I was told that I would be penalized because I had a retirement check. Sure enough I was penalized after paying in for 39 years my social security check was $68 a month while it was reported on T.V. almost weekly that the average SS check was $1051.00. They are a bunch of liers. IMHO How could these liers even consider social security as welfare when the people pay into it.

Medicare = Welfare ... Again a bunch of liers!!! For the 12 years I have been Medicare I have been paying $3600. per year out of my social security and retirement chech.

You youngsters are going to have to detect who has been lying to you for many years. They do have it perfected. IMO

Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Don't you realize that white Liberals did this to you? They also think their voter base is stupid. If it is racist to demand photo ID at polling places, what does that say about how liberals view black people? They must view you black folk as utterly incompetent nonentities incapable of taking part in modern life.

I guess blacks don't mind being called stupid by the very politicians they support.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Just like the stereotyping of small business people, yep, they are the stereotyped aside the big bankers? Obama has done very well getting his voter base to rail against these people.

Obama needed a target and they were chosen one's.
News Flash: I'm a registered Independent, so racist and stereotypical for you to assume because I'm black I voted for Obama. Guess what? I didn't vote for Obama See what I mean . . . . next loser who assumes all black people voted for Obama. . ..

Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
You youngsters are going to have to detect who has been lying to you for many years. They do have it perfected. IMO
Yep they say anything to support their cause. Political rhetoric is intended to do one thing – win votes. Whether the policies that accompany that rhetoric make people better off or worse off is far less of a concern to politicians, if any concern at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies