Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times

Advertisements

Romney to meet with Obama at the White House - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
How nice, I wonder if the President will let Willard take a spin in the big chair?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Wonder if they will share a beer and a joint?

Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Hard to see how this can be anything other than than a gracious gesture by both men.

Romney went out the way he came in, on the wrong foot. After the disgraceful way the chicken-$&@& GOP scapegoated him, I doubt he has any leverage with the party. Cowardly lowlifes... after all, they nominated him!

I hope they make strides toward forging a mutual understanding and respect, since that seemed to be absent in the campaign.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
How nice, I wonder if the President will let Willard take a spin in the big chair?
I think he'll tell Mitt the white house could have been his if not for his utter incompetence.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Whiole I think all these meetings are fine :I don't see that Obama is going to mend fences with calling his enmies list to ask for support or make it look like they had input. That is not his history. He appointed a presidential comission on the deficit and just ignere it. So why would he seriously listen to people he has clearly campaigned as the enemy since first elected. Its just spin.

Last edited by texdav; 11-28-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 11:24 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,971,087 times
I think soon after the visit we may hear Romney comment about how we really need a compromise on this fiscal cliff and Republicans should work with President Obama to get it done.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
I think soon after the visit we may hear Romney comment about how we really need a compromise on this fiscal cliff and Republicans should work with President Obama to get it done.
Romney hasn't got any influence with Republicans. They just got through stoning him out of the village.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I think he'll tell Mitt the white house could have been his if not for his utter incompetence.
Well, more like his campaign's utter incompetence. Seriously - not running a biographical ad for months and months and even then I believe only running a very halfhearted one while the Obama people were slamming and distorting his business record and record as governor and personally attacking his wealth, making him appear to be an out-of-touch plutocrat? I don't really blame them for doing this...it was dirty politics but they assessed Romney's vulnerabilities and capitalized on them quite well.)

Basically saying "the economy is bad" (did they think people didn't already know that?) while not going into even close to enough details? The utter fiasco of the failure of the GOTV program? When Romney himself needed to do well - the debates, his convention speech, etc. - he actually did do fairly well. But the buck stops at the top and he shouldn't have delegated the responsibilities to the people who made these horrendous decisions.

I don't like Obama and I think he is a bad president, but I think he is an excellent campaigner and assembled an almost perfect team. I will give him credit for that.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Hard to see how this can be anything other than than a gracious gesture by both men.

Romney went out the way he came in, on the wrong foot. After the disgraceful way the chicken-$&@& GOP scapegoated him, I doubt he has any leverage with the party. Cowardly lowlifes... after all, they nominated him!

I hope they make strides toward forging a mutual understanding and respect, since that seemed to be absent in the campaign.
Are you defending Romney?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies