Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,053,295 times

Advertisements

I would have declined if I were Romney. Whether it made an impact or not, Obama and the Dems ran a very despicable campaign. As someone said last year, since Obama couldnt run on his record, they had to "kill Romney", which is what they did, lying and running the lowest campaign seen yet on a national stage.

I couldnt be a politician. I can run against someone and strongly oppose their way of doing things, and listen to them attack me in such horrible low life ways, and then act like it never happened.

Its like Reid. How anyone on the opposite side of the aisle could ever work with that dirt bag, lying, pos ever again, is just mind boggling. He deserves nothing from anyone, let alone bipartisanship. Same with Obama, though even he isnt as bad as Reid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I would have declined if I were Romney. Whether it made an impact or not, Obama and the Dems ran a very despicable campaign. As someone said last year, since Obama couldnt run on his record, they had to "kill Romney", which is what they did, lying and running the lowest campaign seen yet on a national stage.

I couldnt be a politician. I can run against someone and strongly oppose their way of doing things, and listen to them attack me in such horrible low life ways, and then act like it never happened.

Its like Reid. How anyone on the opposite side of the aisle could ever work with that dirt bag, lying, pos ever again, is just mind boggling. He deserves nothing from anyone, let alone bipartisanship. Same with Obama, though even he isnt as bad as Reid.
This is funny. Mr. Romney's primary opponents opened that door twelve feet wide.
All one needs to do is go back and look as some of those ads and debates.
The president didn't need to do anything.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 PM

744 posts, read 1,094,163 times
Actually, Obama ran on his record. Half his campaign ads touted the economic recovery, private sector job growth, healthcare reform (Obamacare), ending the war in Iraq, killing Bin Laden, and most important of all, the Detroit auto bailout. Did the Obama campaign attack Romney? Sure. But it was not much different than how Dumbya Bush ran against John Kerry in 2004.

It was Flip-Flop Romney who didn't run on his record and who ran a mostly negative campaign. Just look at how he decimated Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum during the primaries. His ONLY political accomplishment--RomneyCare--he never mentioned it on the campaign trail....which is why he lost all 9 of his homestates.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 PM

15,358 posts, read 12,686,167 times
Romney is super rich because he guts companies and ships jobs overseas and he also invented RomneyCare for Mass...

I guess it looks low to talk about his past but this was far from the dirtiest campaign.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,053,295 times
But he did Tiger. He and the Dems got about as dirty as you can get in this past campaign. As I said, if it were me, sorry, im not playing nice after the fact, win or lose. Im not going to have lunch with you or work with you. Unless apologies came perhaps Id think about it. But I would not oppose someone and take the attacks Romney did to the level he did, and then be Mr. Nice Guy to towards those that did that to me. I have principles and self respect. I wish Romney had more, rather than cave in to try and show how nice you can be by going to lunch with Obama.

Not to mention, what's the point? Obama is going to be the same prick and failure he's been the last four years for the next four years. He is NOT going to get any better. He is not going to change his views and policy. Screw him. Let him own all that happens. As far as im concerned, let him do what ever the heck he wants. Let him own this mess that will still be here in four years, 100 percent.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,856,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I think he'll tell Mitt the white house could have been his if not for his utter incompetence.
No, it will be a payoff for getting Obama re-elected. Didn't he buy the RNC for that very purpose? Looks that way to me.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:21 PM

3,415 posts, read 3,462,841 times
Maybe its to offer him sec. Of state. How the 2 choices being john kerry or susan rice is mindbogling!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,856,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Actually, Obama ran on his record. Half his campaign ads touted the economic recovery, private sector job growth, healthcare reform (Obamacare), ending the war in Iraq, killing Bin Laden, and most important of all, the Detroit auto bailout. Did the Obama campaign attack Romney? Sure. But it was not much different than how Dumbya Bush ran against John Kerry in 2004.

It was Flip-Flop Romney who didn't run on his record and who ran a mostly negative campaign. Just look at how he decimated Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum during the primaries. His ONLY political accomplishment--RomneyCare--he never mentioned it on the campaign trail....which is why he lost all 9 of his homestates.
Romney didn't attack Obama on a lot of issues, because of his own liberal record. He feared Obama would use his own positions to make him look like a hypocrite. Of course, some of us already knew he was a hypocrite and didn't need the Democrats to inform us of that fact. I am still ticked off at the RNC, as you can see. What a bunch of dolts. Okay, idiots - looking at any excuse for the loss except their own candidate.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,151,163 times
Quote:

Romney shot himself in the foot with his flip-floppery. And the "47%" remarks made in private didn't help either.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM

15,358 posts, read 12,686,167 times
Quote:
But he did Tiger. He and the Dems got about as dirty as you can get in this past campaign. As I said, if it were me, sorry, im not playing nice after the fact, win or lose. Im not going to have lunch with you or work with you. Unless apologies came perhaps Id think about it. But I would not oppose someone and take the attacks Romney did to the level he did, and then be Mr. Nice Guy to towards those that did that to me. I have principles and self respect. I wish Romney had more, rather than cave in to try and show how nice you can be by going to lunch with Obama.

Not to mention, what's the point? Obama is going to be the same prick and failure he's been the last four years for the next four years. He is NOT going to get any better. He is not going to change his views and policy. Screw him. Let him own all that happens. As far as im concerned, let him do what ever the heck he wants. Let him own this mess that will still be here in four years, 100 percent.
As dirty as you can get? Where was the mistress? The drug use? Sorry... I saw it as politics as usual. I've heard a few talking heads say it was dirty but I think it's being sore losers.

It's politics... it's already dirty...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies