Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Not true. I'm not in the 47% and I was offended. A candidate for president being an arrogant &$$ towards almost half the country is just generally offensive. More than 47% of the country realized Mitt was full of fertilizer. It's just that some held it against him and others chose to overlook it. Your comment is false.
Beats being an arrogant &$$ towards all of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If that's what your father thinks, he isn't thinking and needs a cup of coffee. It's been explained many, many times that those people are not included in the "takers". Does he only watch MSNBC?
HAHAHAHAHA~MSNBC! No ~ he wouldn't watch msnbc if his life depended on it. He watches Fox and only Fox. So he gets to hear ad nauseum - makers v takers; dependent class, entitlement class . . . and so on and so forth. They are still going on about it.

Did I mention he's 91? Staunch Repub? Decorated Veteran of many wars?

And even he is tired of being told he's one of the takers, moochers, 47%, . . .

Old 11-29-2012, 08:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If that's what your father thinks, he isn't thinking and needs a cup of coffee. It's been explained many, many times that those people are not included in the "takers". Does he only watch MSNBC?
..and that's the problem with Romney.

when it has to be explained many, many times it means he failed. You should never say you don't care about 47% of anything...especially when talking to a room full of billionaires and millionaires

Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Beats being an arrogant &$$ towards all of the country.
well this is why you aren't president...

Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
well this is why you aren't president...
Romney was the arrogant half-a$$ candidate.
Quote:
A candidate for president being an arrogant &$$ towards almost half the country is just generally offensive
It just happened the Americans seem to prefer the arrogant a$$ who is president and who has shown arrogance to the entire country and brought Presidential arrogance to a whole new level.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It just happened the Americans seem to prefer the arrogant a$$ who is president and who has shown arrogance to the entire country and brought Presidential arrogance to a whole new level.
Or maybe they wanted to the guy who actually had a plan, any plan, just as long as it was *A* plan.

vs. the Guy who just said "I'll wave my magic wand and make everything better. Just elect me over the black guy." (I'm paraphrasing of course, but that's essentially what it was.)

This is why I didn't vote for Romney. If he had had a plan, any plan, I would have been more likely to vote for him. Even despite his 47% remark.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybb View Post
Hopefully the meeting is more than just showing Romney how well he lives at the White House. Tell me it is more than a PR event. Show me it has some real meaning with results, and not more of the politicians talking (and the news media and citizens eating it up) and not getting things done. Hopefully Rice will not be reporting the results based on her Talking Points.
As if Romney doesn't live very well?
Are you serious?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama did this before when he was first elected. Nothing new. It's all about image.
I wish Mitt had declined.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I would have declined if I were Romney. Whether it made an impact or not, Obama and the Dems ran a very despicable campaign. As someone said last year, since Obama couldnt run on his record, they had to "kill Romney", which is what they did, lying and running the lowest campaign seen yet on a national stage.

I couldnt be a politician. I can run against someone and strongly oppose their way of doing things, and listen to them attack me in such horrible low life ways, and then act like it never happened.

Its like Reid. How anyone on the opposite side of the aisle could ever work with that dirt bag, lying, pos ever again, is just mind boggling. He deserves nothing from anyone, let alone bipartisanship. Same with Obama, though even he isnt as bad as Reid.
The right wing has some nerve to complain given its track record for dirty politics.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
"Mitt, now that the election's over, can you tell me what you planned to do? It seems like these taxes might actually get raised and I'll have nothing left to say about how to address the deficit."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies