Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
How come you ignore the entire post except for that point? Do you not notice the BILLIONS we waste on Defense? How about the Drug War? If you people actually cared about spending and the budget, you wouldn't focus on some pittance that is less than what Warren Buffet earns in interest in a half a day...

$100,000
$500,000,000
Hmmm, not exactly equivalent there genius.

Stop pretending you care about the budget. All you care about is cutting any program that you determine to be "liberal", which means any program which helps women, children, family planning, the environment, education, etc. It's pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself. If you want to have a serious debate about the budget, why don't you try and justify why we need to have a military budget more than 5x as large as any other country in the world and why we need to spend BILLIONS to keep troops in Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea and many other places where we have no need for a military presence?
Not everyone in America is D vs R and so narrow minded to put their party above all else.
But obviously some are and will back cuts to medicare and medicaid in order to keep other things funded.

I have no clue if that's a liberal study. How does one find that out ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh come on. So you'd agree to remove the mortgage deduction and cuts to medicare/medicaid and keep funding these studies ?

We cannot do it all, we cannot have it all.

$100K is just this study. You think this is the only study the government funded in 2012 ?

Why don't you tell us. What percent of the budget is government "studies"?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
If we prevent 10 unwanted pregnancies, this research will have paid for itself twice.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why don't you tell us. What percent of the budget is government "studies"?
0%..I give up. You seem to think I'm a Repub out to put down the Dems and implying these are studies funded by Dems only.

I just think we should cut frivolous programs first.
Let the condom makers fund that study..it's to their financial benefit.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
0%..I give up. You seem to think I'm a Repub out to put down the Dems and implying these are studies funded by Dems only.
Actually, I don't think I've mentioned EITHER Republicans OR Democrats in this entire thread.

In fact, you were the first to insert "Republican vs. Democrat" theme into the thread at abou post #3 or 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan
I just think we should cut frivolous programs first.
Let the condom makers fund that study..it's to their financial benefit.

Well, people disagree as to whether the program is "frivolous."

And actually, you are right that maybe the condom makers can fund the study. But I just don't see it as something to get outraged about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies