Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,656,498 times

Advertisements

Yes, Democrats think we are in full recovery right now. The same Democrats who are mostly employed in Big Government, Big Union, Big Media, collect their fat paychecks and are guaranteed a job for life along with annual raises versus the business owners right now who are struggling to make ends meet and now are forced to deal with the crap that is ObamaCare.

Geniuses like Paul Krugman think that the way out of bankruptcy is more government spending. How do you get a Nobel Prize for that kind of stupidity? Especially when history shows that Keynsian economics is a failure.

I wonder what will happen when the government runs out of money to pay all of thse government employees. What do you think will happen then? So yes, I do believe that the Democrats, especially the drones that follow Obama, and this administration are clueless about the economy. We have examples all over the world of big government failures, yet we don't heed the warnings signs. You have to be fairly stupid to not see this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,066,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If a person wants to eat they`ll need more than $5 an hour. No matter how crummy the job is,the person showing up every day to do that job should be allowed to buy food and shelter.
So....if someone knocks on your door everyday, and provides a service like, I don't know, security detail and you live in a relatively crime free neighborhood, what is the value of that to you?

People are free to buy whatever they want.....they just have to realize that flipping burgers every day of your life without ever pushing yourself to learn a new skill will not get you into a comfortable lifestyle.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
An oversimplified view. Should we go back to monopoly days of Rockefeller?

No, that unrestrained economic style was bad for the country.

Should we allow people to.die without healthcare? Without food? Without housing?

Americans say no, so how do we pay for these things?
Ask those who choose not to do what it takes for themselves. Why am I, as a taxpayer and one who has always provided for MY family always asked what to do with those who won't? Do I want starving children? Of course not...but why don't you ask THEIR parents?

I realize that there are some people who simply cannot do things....mentally and physically challenged should be taken care of. (I don't consider alcoholism and drug abuse as a disability.)

Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They didn't, they died early, that's the point
Life expectancy was extended by capitalism.

People go into research because they can make a lot of money.

YOU are at fault if YOU didn't make the right choices that would allow you to join in.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
That's rubbish. It is a purely ideological statement. The idea that there is something called "the market" that operates independently of political considerations is naive.
The laws of an economy are as real as the laws of physics.

They cannot be changed or fooled.

Forget the "rich" and the "poor".

Why are most people in the middle?

I guess you would walk in to McDonalds and demand a wage for yourself based on your perceived "needs"?

How would that work out?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
So to disagree with your views on the economy means to be either ignorant or too dim to understand ?!?!

Gotcha. My diminished intellect can at least grasp that obvious concept ! Well I better go now and lie down, my pretty little empty head is hurting from all that thinking.

Newsflash but having a different way of looking at things does not necessarily being wrong or ignorant. Do you people actually ever think before you post or are you so filled with your own sense of self importance you can never even contemplate that not everyone is like you ?

80-year study: Democrats better at economics | WashingtonExaminer.com

Economist's View: Democrats are Not Anti-Market
Noted.

By the way....you may want to play the book Atlas Shrugged while you're recuperating. Maybe some reality will sink in!

Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,906,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Yes, Democrats think we are in full recovery right now. The same Democrats who are mostly employed in Big Government, Big Union, Big Media, collect their fat paychecks and are guaranteed a job for life along with annual raises versus the business owners right now who are struggling to make ends meet and now are forced to deal with the crap that is ObamaCare.

Geniuses like Paul Krugman think that the way out of bankruptcy is more government spending. How do you get a Nobel Prize for that kind of stupidity? Especially when history shows that Keynsian economics is a failure.

I wonder what will happen when the government runs out of money to pay all of thse government employees. What do you think will happen then? So yes, I do believe that the Democrats, especially the drones that follow Obama, and this administration are clueless about the economy. We have examples all over the world of big government failures, yet we don't heed the warnings signs. You have to be fairly stupid to not see this.
Really?
Please cite the Hayekian economies which are so strong:

Now, should I list the world economies that are Keynesian (some more, some less) and have been successful? Aw, heck, just look at the countries on this list: List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by jeffpv; 11-30-2012 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Corrected term.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,119,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's really quite simple.

You develop a skill, idea or product that someone will pay for.

The value of your skill, idea or product will be determined organically by the market.

No government program can alter that.
How about we start from the fact that Republicans don't even seem to grasp supply & demand.

Why is it that economic activity generated by tax cuts & credits to $250k earners is significantly less than tax cuts & credits to <250k earners?

Why is it that corporate profits & income for the top 20% have jumped over the last decade, yet wages for the bottom 80% have stagnated & the economy struggles?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's really quite simple.

You develop a skill, idea or product that someone will pay for.

The value of your skill, idea or product will be determined organically by the market.

No government program can alter that.
Mostly, because they HATE capitalism, and anyone who gets wealthy on their own. Self-Reliance is their Green Kryptonite.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
To manage an economy it takes a lot of WORK and struggle. The left are spawns of late 60s hippies. They want to have fun- experiment - have an adventure..but there is an inert deeply ingrained laziness.

No one wants to manage boring things like the books...but you have to count your money...you have to plan with it..you have to make sure that things are going to balance- because if you don't you are going to offend a lot of people who are dependent on you...perhaps the left is just to selfish to care about offence?

Tedious things like numbers are soooo bothersome...but someone has to make sure the rent is paid....... When I was hanging out with the hippies, I had a friend...rent day would come up and he would come up short. The goof had no respect for me or the landlord....he was self centered. I had to take this liberal aside and explain to the idiot..."Rick! You pay your rent and then you buy your bag of pot...you do not buy your pot and not pay your rent" _ The left is not pragmatic or respectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies