Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
How does Obama "create jobs"? The GOP has passed a budget. It includes THOUSANDS of pages of specific cuts and priorities. There has been no such document from the White House.

A bumper sticker slogan is not a plan.
Hey! dont go around telling the TRUTH!

That is not fair! We are supposed to SHUT UP and appologize when accused of bad things (that arent true) by liberals!

CS here speaks truth. The republican house has passed a budget that includes very very very specific detail about spending and revenue. The Democrat Senate has DONE NOTHING.

Everyone knows exactly where the republicans stand on both spending and taxation in minute detail.
What we know of the Obama plan is that we know the tax increases. We know of new spending increases. BUT Mr. Obama has said he wants a balanced budget and will find spending cuts. Only we have NOT SEEN any of these magic cuts and we have NO IDEA how he gets to a balanced budget.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Hey! dont go around telling the TRUTH!

That is not fair! We are supposed to SHUT UP and appologize when accused of bad things (that arent true) by liberals!

CS here speaks truth. The republican house has passed a budget that includes very very very specific detail about spending and revenue. The Democrat Senate has DONE NOTHING.

Everyone knows exactly where the republicans stand on both spending and taxation in minute detail.
What we know of the Obama plan is that we know the tax increases. We know of new spending increases. BUT Mr. Obama has said he wants a balanced budget and will find spending cuts. Only we have NOT SEEN any of these magic cuts and we have NO IDEA how he gets to a balanced budget.
The House has also passed numerous jobs' bills that have stalled in the Senate.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
I could've sworn I heard Obama saying something about restructuring the tax code to reward companies for creating jobs here at home, and increasing taxes on those that move those jobs overseas

No, it wasn't too specific, but it did sound like a promising concept to me.
uh huh sure. Like he said he gave 18 tax cuts to small businesses. Half were double counted, the others created so much paperwork that it was not worth doing. Others expired but they were included in the count. This guy, Obama, never ran a business and doesn't know crap about it either.

President Obama: A world wide JOKE.
Obama Suporters: illiterates

Lets make a bet. I bet that during Obama's second term you will stay poor, if you have a job with the re-election of this group of clowns many more will lose their jobs. And you will not get a raise so don't count on that either.

Bunch of Obama bozo's waiting for something that will never come.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Which leads to more unanswered questions OICU.

So what jobs is he proposing?
Fair shot at what?
What is he going to do to ensure everyone has a fair shot?
I can't give you anything more specific then his incoherent, political campaign, double speak, lofty pie-in-the-sky rhetoric, and his vague promises of some Utopian future, built on tax increases. You'll just have to trust that in Obama's second term, that he will to do the exact opposite to our economy, then what he did in his first term.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The House has also passed numerous jobs' bills that have stalled in the Senate.

I believe over the last 2 years since Republicans gained control of the House, they have passed more than 30 bills related to Budget, Spending, Taxation, and stimulus that have been utterly ignored by the democrat Senate.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
It appears that saying Tax the Rich is about like telling Fat Folks to Exercise.

Waa! Waa!

Pretty funny sitting back and watching, I tell you.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM

I am not really sure which Bammer I am supposed to listen to about specifics.

The one that said it was "unpatriotic" to have a debt of 9 trillionish?
Or the one that thinks 16 trillion is peachy?
Or the one that now thinks adding to the 16 trillion is even peachy-er?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
It appears that saying Tax the Rich is about like telling Fat Folks to Exercise.

Waa! Waa!

Pretty funny sitting back and watching, I tell you.
The really sad thing is that the 52% who voted for Obama think that taxing the rich will fix our budget problems.

They dont seem to have the ability to understand that an 82 billion dollar fix does not even bandaid a 1 TRILLION dollar problem.

Oh and we arent really sure that the proposed tax hike on the rich will get us 82 Billion. This number presupposes the tax hike will not have an adverse effect on the overall economy. However, if the economy slows as a result of business owners adjusting to the new tax by laying off workers, or raising prices on goods and services (causing inflation), it is entrirely possible that the number could be closer to 70 or even 60 billion....

so.... someone on the left needs to tell us all how 82 billion equals one trillion.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
Quote:

First thing is to stop paying interest on our own debt/money.

There is a 6% savings the first moment.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:

How about the one that counts spending on wars that have been declared over as savings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies