Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,014,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Absolutely false. The law does not allow this.
Keep reading I addressed that.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 PM

37,646 posts, read 46,061,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Its not about HER body. Its about a life that two people came together and created. At the point of inception, both parents should be equaly involved in deciding the childs faith, as they are both responsible for it.
Are you serious??? Dude...it is ALL about her body. For NINE months, pal. And even longer. You men don't have a freakin' clue.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Management consulting. I advise clients on corporate strategy and operations. Mostly midsize companies and a few F1000's and I'm on the road 4 days a week.
My cousin is a consultant (earns bank). She does project management for various things. She keeps telling me to go into consulting, but I'm at a loss of how that could possibly work. If you're not an expert at something how can you consult? And how can you become an expert without years under your belt? I'm thinking at least 20-30 years. That's what it takes in the sciences ime.
Quote:
Well, if he's a chemist, you're probably a good match.
Yes, we're a very good match, although he's way more liberal than I am.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
This issue is never going to be completely fair. It's just the way it is. There is no way to make things fair. Women are the only ones who can get pregnant and carry the child. And for every guy that says he would force a woman to have his child - there are a hundred guys that split the minute they find out they've gotten someone pregnant. Men are never going to be able to get pregnant and have babies and women are never going to be able to control whether a man stays or not.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,677 times
Quote:
Are you serious??? Dude...it is ALL about her body. For NINE months, pal. And even longer. You men don't have a freakin' clue.
Then it's the woman's sole responsibility; this includes providing 100% of the child rearing costs.

If it's all about the woman, it's all on the woman.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. She should have complete control to put a stop to it by opting not to have sex.

1,325 posts, read 2,922,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This issue is never going to be completely fair. It's just the way it is. There is no way to make things fair. Women are the only ones who can get pregnant and carry the child. And for every guy that says he would force a woman to have his child - there are a hundred guys that split the minute they find out they've gotten someone pregnant. Men are never going to be able to get pregnant and have babies and women are never going to be able to control whether a man stays or not.
It's easy to make things fair. Just let dude's opt out and give up all parental rights within 1 month of the child being born.

If they opt out prior to that 1 month period, that's it and they are no longer responsible for the child in any way, shape, or form.

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What would make you change your mind if the doctor says you're fine at that point? For example:

1. Two responsible people decide to have sex.
2. They discuss the consequences and decide to keep the child if the condom breaks.
3. They do the deed, it goes wrong, and she's pregnant.
4. Doctor says she's looking healthy (from what they can tell).
5. Woman goes against what they discussed earlier and wants an abortion now???
Her medical history might indicate otherwise. The pregnancy could be fine at that moment but something like HELLP syndrome returns in 1 out of 4 pregnancies. Some women may not feel comfortable taking that risk even if the pregnancy could progress without any complications.

Same for complete previa. She has an increased risk if she's had a c-section or a D&C. Complete previa is VERY dangerous but it's typically not found until the 16-18th week or so. In the beginning things could be progressing remarkably but maybe she has a history of previa...that puts her at an increased risk too, and she doesn't want to go through that again.

There are all kinds of risks that they can't predict early on. Of course she can look healthy. 3 of my pregnancies looked great until the 12th week and then all hell broke loose with 2 of them. The other one I had very serious issues at the end.

Why should she go through a pregnancy if she doesn't feel comfortable with the risks. Yes, two responsible adults should have thought of the risks before having sex but that doesn't mean she can't change her mind, especially if they took precaution and their method failed.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Then it's the woman's sole responsibility; this includes providing 100% of the child rearing costs.

But so many don't provide. That's the problem. That becomes society's problem.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:

Only if they did not want they child and the woman turns around and has it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies