Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
A&E never existed, this is folklore borrowed and embellished from earlier Sumerian myths. So your argument is moot.
Of course they did. Genesis tells the story of them, and the New Testament (and Jesus) restated it.
Quote:
Tracing back through the generations, the creation suggests a 6k yo earth. Well sailor, Antarctic Ice cores date between 400k and 730k and we all know ice floats. Your babble stories are not real, they are myths, ALL OF THEM.
Non-sequitur. I've said nothing about the age of the earth.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
If I agree to abide by that, will you agree to stone women to death who get married but are not virgins at the time?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course they did. Genesis tells the story of them, and the New Testament (and Jesus) restated it.
And yet, analysis of the human genome says otherwise. Oops...

PS... Genesis also says the earth formed before the sun, yet another oops.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
You can't use a book to prove that what that book says is true.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's not really suspecious at all. Consider all the heat the LDS church took because of their stand on the California (anti)Gay Marriage initiative - then look at the fact that their first serious crack at having a Mormon as President fell short (and that Gays make up about 5% of the voting base). It seems to me that it finally dawned on those at the top of the church that being seen as "militant anti-gay" has had serious negative consequences for the church (who knows? It MIGHT have cost Romney the Presidency. I don't THINK that's the case, but the church stance almost certainly didn't HELP him).

Ken
Yup. In addition, the Mormon gay's total rejection by the church and the families who have a gay member has been extremely painful to the families involved. They are torn between family love and church strictures, and this has been an increasing problem within the church. It forces members to either drop their religion or shun their gay relatives. More and more Mormon families are siding with the kids, and sisters and brothers who are gay these days as acceptance has become more widespread throughout the nation.

This announcement may, or may not, give male gays the rights of priesthood in the future, but I think it makes it a lot easier for families to stay with the church, including the gay members. By recognizing that being gay is not a choice, the church has partly opened their doors. It's hard to say what will happen next.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If I agree to abide by that, will you agree to stone women to death who get married but are not virgins at the time?

Will do. Do you know where I can get some good tossing stones?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You can't use a book to prove that what that book says is true.
Are you telling me that the Jedi never existed and that tales of "the Force" are just a farce. Are you sure you are right?

The first installment introduced the story of the brave Jedi knights and those concepts were restated and reiterated several times in the sequels. Doesn't that mean they have to be true?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:50 PM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times
Quote:
Of course he does. You and I both know he does. Sex outside of marriage is wrong--regardless of what gender it is with. Romans 1 also addresses the issue of them exchanging the natural for the unnatural.
According to what? The bible? Hahahhahahahhahaa........... that's silly. You guys are lemmings.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Whatever. I don't think it matters what a person says to you on this issue. If you're bound and determined to believe what you are telling yourself about it, nothing we can do.
This is downright comical. The irony.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Marriage was established between Adam and Eve.
You are on a roll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies