Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:44 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

I say any congressman/woman who is worth more than 250k should not get paid unless they balance the budget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
There are some politicians that actually beleive we can freeze taxes at present rates and balance the budget on spending alone, that was probably the reason for her statement.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Well...no one ever accused Nancy of being a mental giant. It's not real surprising that she would say something like that.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:04 PM

800 posts, read 508,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are some politicians that actually beleive we can freeze taxes at present rates and balance the budget on spending alone
This is incredibly possible to do if this country woke up(not happening) and anybody who thinks otherwise has not a scrap of an idea of the scope of the wasteful spending and how little of it we actually need. You might as well say that you can't in any way live on less than 5grand worth of food a month.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:11 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
This is incredibly possible to do if this country woke up(not happening) and anybody who thinks otherwise has not a scrap of an idea of the scope of the wasteful spending and how little of it we actually need. You might as well say that you can't in any way live on less than 5grand worth of food a month.
Still waiting for specifics on meaningful spending cuts that would lead to a balanced budget, you could get rid of the DOD and still not have a balanced budget. There needs to be spending cuts and there needs to be increased revenue.

Spending with medicare, ss, DOD need to be addressed but the cuts in descretionary funding won't come close, taxes need to be increased, particularly on the top 2%.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
I guess in order to fix our deficit we better just pass a bunch of democrat inspired bills and then read them afterwards. Seriously how is a person as stupid as Pelosi in such a high position of power? She obviously has no idea of how economics work.
LOL..look at where she's from and who voted her into office

Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
If Nancy Pelosi really said "you cannot cut your way to deficit reduction", then she is one stupid b*tch.

Spending is what created this problem. Not tax cuts. Not record corporate profits. Not capitalistic policy, BUT BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

Hi, Nancy. I'm Dumbass, nice to meet you.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So instead they'll try to tax and spend our country out of poverty?
lol, it is very bizarre thinking. Hey if we could spend our way out of poverty we should take her cue. Lets all go on a spending spree. Lets spend our way out of our personal poverty lol.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Still waiting for specifics on meaningful spending cuts that would lead to a balanced budget, you could get rid of the DOD and still not have a balanced budget. There needs to be spending cuts and there needs to be increased revenue.

Spending with medicare, ss, DOD need to be addressed but the cuts in descretionary funding won't come close, taxes need to be increased, particularly on the top 2%.
Going over the fiscal cliff would do it..across the board to everyone, including the government.
Since we can't seem to do it on our own it needs to be forced upon us.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Some one should give her a new credit card with a 0 ballance and a no credit line so it isn't worth anything, so she can learn to understand there is no more spending because there is no more dollars to spend.

Maybe she and she alone should pay off the 16 trillion debt, then maybe after a time she could borrow more money from somebody.....

16 trillion in debt to me looks like a big problem..... And she still thinks she can spend? My x wife was that way.... She sure was mad when I told the credit card companies I wasn't responsible any more, and they took her cards.

To this run away Spending Govt we are just magic check books and walking wallets. I wish i could do that and get away with it too, but I know better.

I'd divorce any woman that thinks like Nancy. She would only cause my financial ruin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies