Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Weak troll? I don't think you understand my point: Mexico is allowed to enforce their laws.... Now what about us? An American gets in trouble over there and people go: "let him pay".... Now if they get in trouble over here: "they just want a better life!"
Who the frack says let a Mexican citizen go for committing a gun violation or any other felony for that matter?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
I told him that we probably shouldn’t take the shotgun with us,” McDonough said. “And he said, ‘No, I’m going to get it cleared with customs at the gate.’ So I said, ‘That’s fine. As long as it’s legit.’ ”

The Customs and Border Protection agent said it was all right to take the shotgun, McDonough said, adding that the agent told them: “ ‘All you have to do is register it.’ So they gave us a piece of paper and said, ‘This is your registration. You’ve got to pay this much.’ They gave us the piece of paper to give to the Mexican authorities.”

This doesn't make any sense. US border guards don't have Mexican customs forms and it doesn't make sense that you can pay a fee to take your gun into Mexico. There are big freaking signs at the border saying that Firearms and Ammunition are illegal.

His rifle did work -as his plan was that he would use it to hunt small game while camping.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,146 times
If you can't do the crime.....

Last edited by jbear182; 12-10-2012 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Mexican gun laws and hunting:

MEXonline.com Information on Hunting in Mexico

Quote:
A Maximum of 2 Rifles or Shotguns per hunter is allowed, guns may be accompanied by no more than 2 boxes of American Shells per gun (50 shells per gun). With the proper hunting permit, additional shells may be purchased in Mexico through various Licensed Sporting Goods Dealers. Only .22 caliber bullets and 12, 20 and .410-guage shotgun cartridges are available. Cost is somewhat expensive, but when measured with the risk of going to prison for smuggling shotgun shells into Mexico to save a few lousy dollars, the cost is cheap.

It is legal to bring firearms into Mexico, you need to follow the rules in order to do so. Yet, in a backwards, corrupt place like that...the rules are whatever the local shakedown artist (official) says they are. The guy tried to follow the rules and made the effort to talk with the border patrol in order to do so. F Mexico, send in a SEAL team.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Isn't that funny. This story is the exact same one linked in the OP. Those apparently ARE right wing media bias though.
I asked a C-D staff member to merge KUChief's thread to this one.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Mexican gun laws and hunting:

MEXonline.com Information on Hunting in Mexico

It is legal to bring firearms into Mexico, you need to follow the rules in order to do so. Yet, in a backwards, corrupt place like that...the rules are whatever the local shakedown artist (official) says they are. The guy tried to follow the rules and made the effort to talk with the border patrol in order to do so. F Mexico, send in a SEAL team.
You left out the details of the 'rules" to support your point of view. Now for the rest of the story:

The Mexican Government allows licensed sport hunting in season, as regulated by SEMARNAP.

In addition to the SEMARNAP hunting permit, foreign hunters need a consulate certificate, special visa, and military gun permit.

The consulate certificate may be obtained from any Mexican embassy or consulate upon presentation of a letter from the hunter's local police or sheriff's office (on original police letterhead) verifying that the hunter has no criminal record. This certificate is also necessary for obtaining the military gun permits, which is issued by the army garrison in the major border town in the Mexican State in which you are going to hunt.

All foreign hunters must be accompanied by a licensed Mexican hunting guide. Your Hunting License agent can advise you on this requirement. Hunting License Cost is approx. $450 U.S. and includes Gun Permit.

You don't just walk across a national border and think that you can go hunting.
(He most likely would be in jail in Canada too, just a nicer jail)

Sorry, he left his personal responsibility at the border. Any help he gets from the US Government, he should be billed for.

Last edited by plannine; 12-10-2012 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We're supposed to have all kinds of pity for Mexican's breaking the law by coming into this country illegally. Yet we coddle them. From illegal immigration, identity theft, driving with no license or insurance, we don't do crap about it. Yet this guy made a simple mistake and is rotting in a Mexican hellhole. Apply some leverage, at the very least start forced deportation of 1000 illegals a day until this man is released. Not that our spineless appeaser in chief will do anything. It may take the likes of a Ross Perot to get this guy out.
It happens every single day. One without a drivers license and insurance who is here illegally hits someones car and runs back to their house or (someones house) leaving the scene. Since no one is injured, only property damage...they are off. No LEO saw them driving, so they are free and clear...thanks to technical loopholes in our laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Funny how everybody is so worried about violating mehican law when we have illegals roaming free harassing US citizens and it's all peachy keen.

What other source of information should he have checked with? If they handed you a piece of paper and said hey when you get to the other side give this to them and they will let you register it and you pay for it there what would you do? Turn around and go home? You act like he went down there with a trailer full of guns and tried to sneak em across. Gimme a break already.
He had a shotgun with him. Something any lawful U.S. citizen would have at any given time. He crossed over listening to what he was told. It hardly makes him a criminal. It just goes to show how F- upped the left wingers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No you don't or you would support rounding up all alien illegals immediately and shipping them back to their country of origin.
Like the factory down the road with at least five illegals working at all times and no one does a damn thing? Uh yeah...that's it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you sure you could handle him? I think he packs heat so maybe you need to be a bit more careful?
You would be very right Roy. Only a internet p***y would think they stood a chance with an armed Marine in the first place. lol lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I sure hope those who are siding with the Mexican government on this board feel the same way when they come here illegally... You know breaking laws too.
Save your breath honey... These pukes don't deserve the effort. They've already insulted numerous soldiers in this thread already. They're nothing short of SNAFU....

Army strong hon....

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company - YouTube

Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Read the blankety blank links and learn that the man is incarcerated in a jail that the Zetas control and then talk about him rotting in a Mexican jail. I have never seen any signs on the American side of the border talking about who can just walk in or what happens to them if they do.

I have often heard that Mexicans have a tendency to enforce their immigration laws more stringently than we do ours and I am sure that when the Zetas have control and don't want guns like that one turned over to the military things would be different.

I don't think that a .410 shotgun can be reassembled and used as a rifle. Do you not know the difference in a rifle and a shotgun. Maybe your military training was inferior since in mine nearly 60 years ago they did tell us the difference. They even went so far as to point out why as prisoner chasers we were issued shot guns instead of rifles. Do you know that?
Oh for heavens sake. Now you're taking me to task with condescension over the correct nomenclature vis-a-vis rifle vs shotgun. Does it even matter?

You boobs can't get it through your skulls he is charged with taking a fiream into a foreign country. IF he's guilty he should be right where he's at.

Napoleanic law is a ***** but every walking talking human being over the age of 12 knows you do not take a firearm into a foreign country without declaring it. So what you're saying is; this MORON is deserving of SPECIAL consideration because he was ignorant of the law? That's rich!

These boards are full of threads claiming the nanny state is ruining your country and that personal responsibility is all but dead and you come on here with this tripe over a numbnuts that knowingly took a firearm across a border into a foreign country without declaring same but he should be exempt from any vestige of common sense or acceptance of that same responsibility Brother!

Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh for heavens sake. Now you're taking me to task with condescension over the correct nomenclature vis-a-vis rifle vs shotgun. Does it even matter?

You boobs can't get it through your skulls he is charged with taking a fiream into a foreign country. IF he's guilty he should be right where he's at.

Napoleanic law is a ***** but every walking talking human being over the age of 12 knows you do not take a firearm into a foreign country without declaring it. So what you're saying is; this MORON is deserving of SPECIAL consideration because he was ignorant of the law? That's rich!

These boards are full of threads claiming the nanny state is ruining your country and that personal responsibility is all but dead and you come on here with this tripe over a numbnuts that knowingly took a firearm across a border into a foreign country without declaring same but he should be exempt from any vestige of common sense or acceptance of that same responsibility Brother!
We'll remember all of this when you have one too many and blow over .08 when you get stopped.

Hey...it's just a simple mistake...isn't it?

Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM

222 posts, read 231,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Has anyone seen this story? I haven't seen it reported in the MSM. I can't believe this is happening to one of our troopers. The government should get involved to have this Marine released.

[MOD CUT/hotlinking]
Former U.S. Marine Jon Hammar is in a Matamoros prison in Mexico, charged with bringing an antique shotgun into Mexico

Latest hell for ex-U.S. Marine: Chained to bed in Mexican jail | McClatchy

Obama Silent As Marine Is Chained To Bed In Mexican Jail On Trumped Up Charges
1983 Lebanon: US Marines Barracks attacked by terrorists. 220 US Marines killed because Ronald Reagan's rules of engagement

Quote:
In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions...There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans
1983 Beirut barracks bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies