Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:06 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Once deductions and loopholes have been rectified we can then concentrate on passing laws making it fully illegal punished by imprisonment to offshore monies in an attempt to circumvent paying taxes on it.
My party likes to tout the 1960's as being the decade where corporations were taxed at 50 percent on average yet due to unionization of labor the majority of working men and women, especially within the context of manufacturing, enjoyed a solid middle class existence.
What many fail to realize is that the countries population was notably smaller than it is now and because of that fact we can not rely on that math when it comes to the equation of middle class structure and compensation.
We currently have the baby boom generation acting as a tidal wave concerning upward stresses on social services, healthcare, etc.
We need a certain amount of population addition in order to balance out the coming years of need and care that this and subsequent generations like mine will be in need of.

Once we have sufficiently dropped in number there needs to be heavy financial penalties placed on childbirth in order to sustain a symbiotic relationship between the countries population and the then current employment needs.

Once this balance is in place we can then move forward concerning raising the quality of life standards for the population we will have at that future date.

So you are expecting the government to do it for you? You just have to sit back and wait for it to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times
Quote:
Once deductions and loopholes have been rectified we can then concentrate on passing laws making it fully illegal punished by imprisonment to offshore monies in an attempt to circumvent paying taxes on it.
My party likes to tout the 1960's as being the decade where corporations were taxed at 50 percent on average yet due to unionization of labor the majority of working men and women, especially within the context of manufacturing, enjoyed a solid middle class existence.
What many fail to realize is that the countries population was notably smaller than it is now and because of that fact we can not rely on that math when it comes to the equation of middle class structure and compensation.
We currently have the baby boom generation acting as a tidal wave concerning upward stresses on social services, healthcare, etc.
We need a certain amount of population addition in order to balance out the coming years of need and care that this and subsequent generations like mine will be in need of.

Once we have sufficiently dropped in number there needs to be heavy financial penalties placed on childbirth in order to sustain a symbiotic relationship between the countries population and the then current employment needs.

Once this balance is in place we can then move forward concerning raising the quality of life standards for the population we will have at that future date.
You can move to China today and bask in those 2 laws.
Won't guarantee you a better 'quality of life' though.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:13 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,393,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you are expecting the government to do it for you? You just have to sit back and wait for it to happen.

No, I've actively taken part in this last election by heading up a canvassing section for a part of Allentown along with manning phone banks.

I'm also highly educated and apply that to programs that assist those in need.

I'm not expecting anything from the government that I haven't already put into it concerning my contributions on the state level concerning social engineering.

The only time I sit back and wait for something to happen is when I'm popping a bag of microwave popcorn.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You can move to China today and bask in those 2 laws.
Won't guarantee you a better 'quality of life' though.
The first law that I spoke about has already been enacted it is high time that we imprison those that break this law instead of allowing them to buy their way out of it.

The second one concerning penalties applies to having a child over a certain limit in China.
I propose no children being born in order to gain balance of population and available employment at that future time.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM

All of this posturing is moot because it's not an end to Laissez Faire capitalism because it never existed! The nationalization is very dramatic right now, its all over the front pages, but the fundamental principle that the public takes the risks and pays the costs while profit is privatized, that principle which we are seeing dramatically right now, that's a basic principle for the whole economy.
This is the fundamental problem and one that MUST be addressed and rectified if we as a country wish to survive

Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
The first law that I spoke about has already been enacted it is high time that we imprison those that break this law instead of allowing them to buy their way out of it.

The second one concerning penalties applies to having a child over a certain limit in China.
I propose no children being born in order to gain balance of population and available employment at that future time.
I haven't seen any rich imprisoned for just keeping their money offshore.
And wow..you're even going to go tougher than China. You're proposing a "no child" law.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,476,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And the "red" state of Texas has solid Dem counties that are all below poverty line.
Those "moochers" as you put it are solid Dem voters.

Texas has 3 of the poorest 10 counties in the nation. Get rid of those 3 and we'd be a net giver of tax dollars instead of a net taker.

It's not all that simple as you post.
Lol... fine. Seeing as you have no county-level data, and neither do I... let's just leave that one as an open question mark. I would tend to doubt that "all of the people who don't pay federal taxes are Democrats", as that really does strain common sense... But hey, I guess we can say that your conjecture is about as good as mine, and the issue is far from certain.

But what does stand is that a good 80%+ of that "47%" either do work and payroll taxes or are retired.

And that in and of itself is a big pie in the face of misinformed conservatives who drone endlessly about how "47% of the voters are moochers."

Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
All of this posturing is moot because it's not an end to Laissez Faire capitalism because it never existed! The nationalization is very dramatic right now, its all over the front pages, but the fundamental principle that the public takes the risks and pays the costs while profit is privatized, that principle which we are seeing dramatically right now, that's a basic principle for the whole economy.
This is the fundamental problem and one that MUST be addressed and rectified if we as a country wish to survive
What do you propose there..that government take over the means of production ?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,432,004 times
lol, notice the continued debate on why liberals think they are right. Notice how it is always everyone else's fault. They always play victim and won't get up and do what it takes to change their life for he better. They think they will sit and wait for Obama, the lord and savior to make them rich.

Not one has yet to think past the talking points and answer the important questions.

Where do you see yourself financially 4-5 years from now if you keep doing the same thing?

Where do you want to go, financially?

If you plan on not being counted as a 47%er what is your plan to get out?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM

222 posts, read 232,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is not a thread to slam a 47%er or to whine about the reason you are a 47%er. There are a lot of reasons people are in the 47% group. If you want to move out it is up to you to make the necessary changes. So like anything else you have to know where you want to go (and it has to be reasonable and reachable). You also have to decide what changes and actions you will take to get there. So I ask

Where do you see yourself financially 4-5 years from now if you keep doing the same thing?

Where do you want to go, financially?

If you plan on not being counted as a 47%er what is your plan to get out?
Why get out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies