Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,125,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I thought all republicans thought everyone in the world should be armed. Doesn't that make everyone safer? Hell, maybe thats why Reagan sold arms to Iran, just to keep the world safe.
No...only enemies of our enemies...No nation has friends only interests...Charles De Gaulle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah because obviously israel is still flying Messerschmitt's, and using bows and arrows

obviously not...but why would you give F-16s to the fanatical Muslim Brotherhood...a toy to play with during the holidays!!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM

198 posts, read 470,450 times
We already have a thread on this, with approximately 60% fewer exclamation marks.

Pertinent facts already discussed there:

-This is part of the Israeli Peace Accord with Egypt, and has been going on since 1979.
-The current Egyptian president has vowed to keep the current treaty.
-Israel's PM still supports the treaty, and the aid that comes with it to both countries.
-The State Department has already begun asking for assurances that the aid won't be used on Egyptian protesters, with the implicit threat that aid will stop when they are.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
We already have a thread on this, with approximately 60% fewer exclamation marks.

Pertinent facts already discussed there:

-This is part of the Israeli Peace Accord with Egypt, and has been going on since 1979.
-The current Egyptian president has vowed to keep the current treaty.
-Israel's PM still supports the treaty, and the aid that comes with it to both countries.
-The State Department has already begun asking for assurances that the aid won't be used on Egyptian protesters, with the implicit threat that aid will stop when they are.
With all due respect...I think its a big mistake...IMHO

Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 PM

3,566 posts, read 6,585,989 times
Why is America supporting Egypt so much - is it because it helps America to protect transportation in the Sinai Peninsula?

If Egypt is to use the F16s we just sold them, would they ever use them for anything besides Israel?

America also sold over 100 warplanes to Saudi Arabia in the past year. Is it just to fight against Israel? (My source is Harper's Magazine.)

Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM

753 posts, read 730,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Yeah I guess so... If you want to wipe israel off the map!!!
Here are a few clues, genius:
Egypt now will have 240 F-16 Cs (mostly) and Ds (about a third of the inventory).

Israel now has 343 F-16s, including 100 tricked out model I/Sufas. None of those for Egypt.
Israel also has 77 F-15s. None of those for Egypt.
Israel also has 20 F-35s ordered, pending delivery.

And what do you have? Alarmism and lots of exclamation points...

It's called 'balance of power'. It's also part of the accords brokered at Camp David. Egypt gets arms, Israel gets a lot more arms, and everyone is happy. Except you. You want a war to break out, just on the off chance you can somehow blame it on President Obama.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Here are a few clues, genius:
Egypt now will have 240 F-16 Cs (mostly) and Ds (about a third of the inventory).

Quote:
Israel now has 343 F-16s, including 100 tricked out model I/Sufas. None of those for Egypt.
Israel also has 77 F-15s. None of those for Egypt.
Israel also has 20 F-35s ordered, pending delivery.

And what do you have? Alarmism and lots of exclamation points...

It's called 'balance of power'. It's also part of the accords brokered at Camp David. Egypt gets arms, Israel gets a lot more arms, and everyone is happy. Except you. You want a war to break out, just on the off chance you can somehow blame it on President Obama.
With all Due respect "Genius"...The only thing I would sell to the Muslim Brotherhood is a squirt gun!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM

31,306 posts, read 22,303,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Why is America supporting Egypt so much - is it because it helps America to protect transportation in the Sinai Peninsula?

If Egypt is to use the F16s we just sold them, would they ever use them for anything besides Israel?

America also sold over 100 warplanes to Saudi Arabia in the past year. Is it just to fight against Israel? (My source is Harper's Magazine.)
More like a hedge against Iran. If Israel did ever attack Iran, Saudi Arabia would look the other way. Saudi Arabian leaders know Israel is no threat to them but Iran with it's competing version of Islam and threats against the Saudi Royal family are a threat.

Explaining the Iran-Saudi rivalry – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Old 12-11-2012, 02:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,979,351 times
Quote:
Yeah I guess so... If you want to wipe israel off the map!!!
You think Israel is unable to defend itself????

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM

753 posts, read 730,245 times
Quote:
With all Due respect "Genius"...The only thing I would sell to the Muslim Brotherhood is a squirt gun!!!
And that's why you're nothing more than just some buffoon who thinks !!! constitutues a coherent argument.

But, hey, if you're so laughably clueless that you think the Egyptian Air Force can "wipe Israel off the mapp!!!" just because they now have 20 more F-16Ds, you're welcome to that hystrerical delusion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies