Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't know the laws of that state, but in some, if someone is killed in the commission of a crime, all the accomplices can be charged with murder. Lets hope that happens here.
Are you saying that the security guard committed a crime?

If not, and the "commission of a crime" you refer to is the shoplifting, think about situations like a bank robbery that is interrupted by the police, a shootout ensues and the police kill one of the robbers. Have you ever heard of cases where the surviving robbers are charged with murder because the police killed one of their members as they committed the crime of robbery?

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
A police officer is held to a higher standard than regular citizens, they are required to respond. They can't just sit there and watch a crime, they could be charged with a crime for that.
No, not really.

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, he could have hit a child. And I'm sure that haunts him.

But the women put those children in danger. And if they had run over the police officer, they would have all been charged with a felony. Because they assaulted a police officer in the commission of another crime, stealing.

Ms Frey wouldn't have just been guilty of shoplifting. The women's actions in trying to escape took their criminal activities to another level.
And he should have let her escape, and not put the children or other bystanders in danger.

It's not like they don't have uber surveillance. They could have arrested her later down the line and brought the appropriate charges.

To open her car door and shoot into the car was reckless and irresponsible, and disproportionate to the original crime.

You don't shoot into a car that has innocent children in it. Somebody has to have some composure and rationality, and it's not going to be the perpetrator.

397 posts, read 257,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh, so it's the cop's fault. Should he now be charged with homicide ?
Should the city/county offer restitution to the victim ?
Should Walmart be made to pay as well since they hired him ?

What the hell is wrong with America that you're all sympathizing with the criminals here ?
So all crimes are now grounds fro the death penalty? I wonder would you be so happy about this if some wall street crook get his brains blown out the moment he was caught? Nah,that would be different to you somehow. Anyway it says she has a dad.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
I would not have said "Good" or any of that but then I guess seeing that picture put a little more glee in you. So walmart saved a hundred bucks and some trigger happy cop gets another notch in his belt. You and people like you are happy this happened. Someday you wont be so happy.
People like you, are why America is the way it is today....lets rehab them....no, wait that was tried, guess what...did not work....so played the game and lost..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, exactly.

Take the license plate number and make a report.

Life is not a TV show.
I'm certainly glad you like that idea, because that is exactly what will happen if you are confronted one day by an armed murderer... The report will be made, but you would still be dead..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He was an on-duty security guard....

He went outside, the DRIVER put the car in reverse and tried to run over him....
A security guard is not a police officer. I understand his regular job is a sheriff, but at the time of the shooting he was not performing his police duties. He was in the employ of Walmart.

I am sure it was not her intent to 'run him over'. He put himself between the open door of the car (which apparently he grabbed so the driver could not close it) and the car itself. If someone has a gun in my face I'd be scared and try to get away, also.

It's his fault. He should not have put himself in harms way.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
So all crimes are now grounds fro the death penalty? I wonder would you be so happy about this if some wall street crook get his brains blown out the moment he was caught? Nah,that would be different to you somehow. Anyway it says she has a dad.
Hello!!! The officer was assaulted with a motor vehicle... That is called attempted vehicular homicide!!! Not exactly the same thing..

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
People like you, are why America is the way it is today....lets rehab them....no, wait that was tried, guess what...did not work....so played the game and lost..
Maybe they'll change their tune as city budgets dry up and there's less police out there.
Less police mean less guns mean less "victim" deaths at the hands of the law.

I'm sure the good citizens will take up the slack though and start taking license plate numbers to phone in crimes.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Trying to run over a cop, very well could be....he was in uniform and identified himself as such....and in this case was the death penalty....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies