Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
Actually I would win, because I would have the authority of the 2nd Amendment to call to arms the military. I'd also have the resources of the CIA, FBI, DHS, NSA, and several others to find the guns. I'd have also make the Patriot Act read like a Dr. Suess book with my intentions of finding the guns. I would allow those who rather die defending their guns, to die, instead of live without them. Live by the gun, die by the gun. Your choice, as I'd be more than happy to grant your wish to purge this country of these idiotic devices that serve only one purpose, to kill. A car has the intent to transport. A beer has the intent to relax and put smiles on faces. A gun has the intent to kill, period.

But I would first start by shutting down all gun manufacturers in the US, and ban all imports of guns through the cargo ports. I'd find a way to make the likes of Smith & Weson liable for the deaths their devices have caused, just like cigetteres, but far more punishing and extreme. I'd throw billions at them in legal fees to shut them down, make them go bankrupt.

I'd do whatever it took to get the guns, with the single source of motivation to do so, being the innocent children of this country. Shame on us adults for allowing these guns to even exist. It's our fault, and its our responsibility to fix it. A child doesn't give a crap what you want. A child wants to learn and play. Its our responsibility to make sure they can. Allowing a Glock to sit on the table, is a failure of our responsibility to our children. Plain and simple.
So basically you would overturn the constitution, become a dictator and expect everyone to go along?

Shall I call you mein Herr or comrade???

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: Do not include "manual" signatures in your posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,560,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Most states don't have waiting periods.

Why have them?

If I want to kill you now I can sure as heck wait until I have the gun.

Or I'll just stab you.

These control measures DON'T work.

The only thing correct you said was that owners should be responsible for their guns. If they are easily accessibly then it's their fault.

But then that is already the case.

Tap'n while driving...

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You think you can kill 26 people with a knife just as easy as you can with a gun? Please.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
A 1911 .45 well. How fitting...... John Browning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These colors don't run...no matter WHO cries about it.
A person who knows his protection!

Shortly .. We The People will be coming for yours!

Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 PM

57,312 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The GOTP-controlled House will never act on gun control. This massacre will change nothing.
Neither the house or the senate wil have a reasonable discussion, they are petrified of gun advocates. Also time for some change in leadership at the NRA, too many dinosaurs putting their heads in the sand.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:48 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,692,130 times
Gunman Adam Lanza carried his brother's ID, his mother's Guns (G-Lock, SIG, .223 caliber rifle) but he was wearing his own Black fatigues and military vests. Why his mother, kindergarten teacher, hold so much ammo???

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
A person who knows his protection!

Shortly .. We The People will be coming for yours!

the problem with that is, how will you confiscate the rest of the populations firearms?

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And yet it works to at least a much greater degree in other first-world nations... hmmmm. Why is that?
Maybe because all those other first world nations you hold in such esteem don't have a 2,000 mile border with a third world nation and don't have to support a massive illegal alien population - we have more illegals than there are people in Belgium. Those other nations also have far less "diversity" that the left holds in such high regard, than the US, yet as they see increases in diversity they also see increases in crime. People who hold western Europe up as some kind of role model always conviently forget Switzerland which has very high gun ownership, but less crime.

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why does America have more nutbars per capita than any other civilized country?

More school shootings, more workplace shootings, more serial killers, more murders, more violence, more people in jail....?

Interactive map of school shootings since 1996.
Perhaps too much religious indoctrination using fear that teaches children not to think for themselves or develop a conscience?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
Actually I would win, because I would have the authority of the 2nd Amendment to call to arms the military. I'd also have the resources of the CIA, FBI, DHS, NSA, and several others to find the guns. I'd have also make the Patriot Act read like a Dr. Suess book with my intentions of finding the guns. I would allow those who rather die defending their guns, to die, instead of live without them. Live by the gun, die by the gun. Your choice, as I'd be more than happy to grant your wish to purge this country of these idiotic devices that serve only one purpose, to kill. A car has the intent to transport. A beer has the intent to relax and put smiles on faces. A gun has the intent to kill, period.

But I would first start by shutting down all gun manufacturers in the US, and ban all imports of guns through the cargo ports. I'd find a way to make the likes of Smith & Weson liable for the deaths their devices have caused, just like cigetteres, but far more punishing and extreme. I'd throw billions at them in legal fees to shut them down, make them go bankrupt.

I'd do whatever it took to get the guns, with the single source of motivation to do so, being the innocent children of this country. Shame on us adults for allowing these guns to even exist. It's our fault, and its our responsibility to fix it. A child doesn't give a crap what you want. A child wants to learn and play. Its our responsibility to make sure they can. Allowing a Glock to sit on the table, is a failure of our responsibility to our children. Plain and simple.
This post made me laugh hysterically. Thank you very much sir. I needed it.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,560,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
So basically you would overturn the constitution, become a dictator and expect everyone to go along?

Shall I call you mein Herr or comrade???

Tap'n while driving...

Do you think I'd need those resources if I thought everyone would go along with me?

I'd be willing to bet that I'd have the support of the majority though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies