Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,070,718 times

Advertisements

Apparently moderators don't want to offend dear leader.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,598,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Obama shed 'Tears Of Joy' at his speech to the nation today. This is the crisis he has been waiting for. He talked about taking 'Meaningful Action' also. 'Meaningful Action' is code words that indicates subverting the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. It's coming. You know it....... I know it. What happened today is a strong indication that the 'right to bear arms' should have been allowed for the teachers at the Connecticut school where the massacre took place. If they were armed, they could possible taken the shooter out in a combined effort. For the longest, the left has tried to ban guns in this country and disarm civilians. To disarm citizens of this country would be the largest breach in national security this nation has ever seen since its inception. This massacre gives President Obama to enact a liberal agenda to enact regulations so strict that it will be almost impossible to become a gun owner. That is unacceptable. The presidents speech today in my book was all an act, including the weeping part because right now is a time to not let a good crisis go to waste. On the other hand, now is the time for advocates of the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms to get ready to stand stronger than ever before for a battle is about to be waged with our government over gun control. Stand strong patriots.

President Obama weeps over Connecticut school massacre - YouTube

I won't speak to his true feelings. However,their is no doubt that the gun control zealots seem to live for these moments. Never mind that all schools are "gun free zones" anyway. You could just as easily point out that popular media and culture(controlled by liberals)are responsible. I wouldn't do that but you could.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:42 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,104,489 times
With economy on the edge worldwide and the stage set for war this is just icing on the cake for a wannabe dictator...

Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,929,588 times
What a loser.....this dude just solidified himself as the biggest scumbag President ever with that failure of an Oscar performance.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 PM

5,673 posts, read 5,112,471 times
I going to the mall tomorrow, sitting on Santa's lap and asking for a few AR's just as a hedge against Mullah Obama's future plans. Probably smart from an investment POV also.

3,013 posts, read 3,566,033 times
I don't support President Obama, but I don't know what was going through his mind. Right now, our thoughts should be with the families of the victims and survivors. To people whose politics are similar to mine, please don't politicize this tragedy.

5,319 posts, read 9,009,746 times
Quote:
'Meaningful Action' is code words that indicates subverting the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. It's coming. You know it....... I know it. What happened today is a strong indication that the 'right to bear arms' should have been allowed for the teachers at the Connecticut school where the massacre took place. If they were armed, they could possible taken the shooter out in a combined effort. For the longest, the left has tried to ban guns in this country and disarm civilians. To disarm citizens of this country would be the largest breach in national security this nation has ever seen since its inception. This massacre gives President Obama to enact a liberal agenda to enact regulations so strict that it will be almost impossible to become a gun owner. That is unacceptable. The presidents speech today in my book was all an act, including the weeping part because right now is a time to not let a good crisis go to waste. On the other hand, now is the time for advocates of the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms to get ready to stand stronger than ever before for a battle is about to be waged with our government over gun control. Stand strong patriots.

You have GOT to be kidding?

You want to arm school teachers?

Yes ... I'd feel much safer knowing my child's school is filled with loaded weapons!!!

I'm sure the students would feel safer knowing a loaded gun is in their classroom?

You really haven't thought this through very well ... have you?

Will the teacher need to carry these weapons with them every time they leave the classroom?

What if a student happens to find one of these weapons, and accidentally shoots himself ... what then?

Or if a student thinks it's a fun toy ... and starts shooting other children ... what then?

Or if a student steals a teacher's gun ... and begins a shooting spree because he is pissed off at a teacher for whatever reason ... what then?

Or if teachers pull their weapons, and a few students get caught in the crossfire ... what then?

Or if a teacher is pissed off for absolutely any reason at all, and decides to point their weapon at someone? Maybe at a disruptive student? Or maybe at another teacher because of an argument?

Now if schools want to hire a few security guards who are trained at using weapons .... THAT would be a reasonable solution.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,493,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Fake tears. Totally fake... His eyes weren't welled up at all.
Quote:
No they were not. Good observation highcotton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama is a SOB - no doubt. Just Google Obama fake tears. I'm not the only one that believes scumbag Obama was faking the tears.
It's really disgusting that you guys have let your partisan mania go so far to your head as to derange your thinking into believing that a man who is the father of two young children could not feel honest sympathy for classroom of young children shot to death. I don't care what your political views are...you should be able to respect it when someone expresses remorse for an event like today. You can still disagree with proposed policies tomorrow.

It's this kind of blind hatred which is at the heart of society's problems today - on many levels.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:51 PM

395 posts, read 460,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
The sickness of some of the folks on this forum is truly frightening. When you can twist the death of all these little children into just another excuse to attack the president you are sick, sick, sick.
More sick than those who would twist the death of these little children to further their political anti second amendment agenda?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,496,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Will the teacher need to carry these weapons with them every time they leave the classroom?
Teachers would have to carry their weapons at all times... if someone bursts through the door and starts shooting, there would be no time to run to the desk or bag or wherever the gun is.

Or so, presumably, goes the "logic" of the proponents of this insane idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies