Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 04:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Seriously, quit posting before you make yourself look even more idiotic.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Seriously, quit posting before you make yourself look even more idiotic.
How am I making myself look more idiotic?

You need to start asking yourself questions, rather than spewing out opinions.

Look, why are there bathrooms for women and bathrooms for men? Why would a man be fine with showering with other men, but not with women? Why would women be fine with showering with other women, but not with men?

Are gays living in tolerant countries more happy or less happy than the general population? Why?

Do women tend to feel more comfortable around gay men than straight men? Would a woman be more likely to be talkative towards a random male stranger, if she knew he was gay, and thus wasn't attracted towards her, and wouldn't take her friendliness as flirting?

Would straight men be more likely to feel comfortable with men hanging around their wives, if we knew who was gay and who wasn't.

Would the world be better off if homosexuals didn't exist at all?

In a "homosexual tolerant" country, would the existence of a "straight badge" and a "gay badge" cause harmful discrimination?

All I'm saying is that, homosexuality is inherently inferior. That doesn't mean that the individual is inferior, nor is it the individuals fault that they are homosexual. But, homosexuality is still inferior.

Which is simple to understand because, if you asked a gay person if they would have rather been born straight, 99% of them would say yes.

Gays don't want to be gay, straight people don't want gays to be gay. Being gay is basically a curse, on both the individual and society. The question is, if we understand that homosexuality is inferior, but it isn't anyone's fault. How do we address the situation in a practical way, which would minimize the negative social effects that come out of homosexuality, while doing minimal harm to individuals?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

All I'm saying is that, homosexuality is inherently inferior....Gays don't want to be gay
Oh, is that all?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
Quote:
Look, men and women don't share public showers for a reason. Men and women don't share public bathrooms for a reason. Regardless of whether or not you look around or not, ignores the very reason we have separation to begin with.
You need to get out more. In other parts of the world and other cultures, men and women shower together, take communal baths, sit in the sauna together and use the same restrooms. NO-ONE CARES. The problem is the prudish American's who are frightened of the naked body and immediately think it leads to sex.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
It is really ridiculous to call me a homophobe. At different times, most of the people I ever hung around with were gay. My sister worked at Circle K, and at one time more than half of her employees were gay. I've been to gay bars, I've been to peoples houses with many people, most being gay.

I don't mind gay people in a general sense, as long as sexuality never becomes an issue.

The nice thing is, I'm not an overly sexual person. I'm a very modest person in general. One of my friends right now is gay, and he doesn't talk about sexual stuff much either(except sometimes when he is drunk). So we basically feel comfortable around each other, because no one speaks of one thing or the other. Nor does he have a boyfriend, or even seems to be eager to have a boyfriend. Though he will defend homosexuality in general if the issue comes up.

His favorite explanation for homosexuality is. Its two dudes playing video games with each other, then they get horny, have sex with each other, then go back to playing video games. No drama, no foreplay really, no anything. Just buddies that hang out with each other having sex with each other, what can be better than that? rofl....

The funny thing is, he has basically been with more women than I have(which isn't hard, because I've only ever been with one woman).

My sister and him are good friends as well, and at one point, we thought it might be a good idea if we all moved in together. Which was fine in a general sense, but my sister has a teenage son. And I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to live with someone who might eventually have a "boyfriend", who he would be walking around the house "making out" with, or doing who knows what in his bedroom.

I don't consider it homophobic, but it basically makes me a little uneasy to have it going on right in front of me. As long as it is out of sight, then I'm sort of fine with it.

I mean, I don't really care if women are having sex with their dogs. But don't do it in front of me, or even do anything that might make me think that that is happening.

Anyway, I'm actually a modest person, and I don't ever walk around naked, or even semi-naked. I'm basically always fully dressed.

But when it comes to "living" with someone, or even being around someone, there are sexual orientation issues that abound in all directions.

I remember I used to go visit one of my friends a long time ago before cell phones. And I would just pop in at his house. A lot of times he wasn't home, but his wife would be home. Anyway, I would show up, but he might have stepped out to the store, or hadn't made it home from work yet. And his wife would basically invite me in to "wait for him". And that always made me feel pretty uncomfortable to be just hanging out with his wife. Because I thought it might look questionable to my friend.

Anyway, I said something about it to my friend, and he said "To be honest, I don't think anything about you hanging around with my wife, because I trust that you would never try anything with her"... Which was funny because another friend of ours, he said he wouldn't trust him at all around his wife for any length of time.

Anyway, my point is, just being around someone who may be attracted to you can become incredibly awkward. I know that it "takes two to tango", but being around someone who obviously is attracted to you, becomes very uncomfortable.

My gay friends really would seem straight most of the time. My friend Shawn is about 6'2", big strong looking guy, he is part German. There is really no way you would think he was gay if he didn't tell you. And even then you might think he wasn't being honest.

My friend Danny, was probably 5'10", and he seemed like a straight person most of the time. He claims he was "bisexual", but I never saw him with any woman. The problem with Danny was, when he was drunk, his real gay became very easy to see. And he would become a little "handsy" at times, even to "straight men".

Anyway, my point is, when I look at the gay situation. All I can think is, we would simply be better off if gay people didn't exist. I mean, this isn't even an argument really. Not only is there no benefit to the existence of homosexuals. But there is a number of social problems that come out of sexuality, regardless of how accepting society is of it.

Moreover, gays, even in tolerant countries, are significantly less happy on average than straight people. Homosexuality is effectively inferior, and can't exist on its own(no reproduction).

So this idea that homosexuality is normal, even equal, is simply illogical. Knowing that, the question then becomes "What should we do about it?"

I was just saying, that if gays wore "pink badges" for instance. We might be better off socially, because it might be easier for people to feel comfortable, since they would know who was gay and who wasn't. And gays would know who was gay and who wasn't, so they wouldn't accidentally "flirt" with a straight person.

I just see it as sort of a solution to part of the gay question. I understand that it isn't perfect, and there are parallels with Nazi Germany. But what does it really hurt? Unless of course, you think people should spend their lives hiding who they are.
You know what, you seem like a sensible and kind person. I too am modest. But the problem is society, not gay people. Gay or homsexuality is normal, and we were born of straight people by the way. But to think that we should not exist. Geez, that in itself is cruel. That is like saying it would be better if black people or jewish people did not exist. The nazis made jewish people wear a star so that everyone would know they were jewish and gays had to wear a pink triangle for the same reason Try and ask your gay friends what they think about being made to wear something so that the rest of society knows they are gay. I can see it now, go into a store and you are denied service because you are wearing a pink triangle or you are charged more, not allowed in a straights only pool or bar or any business. It is outright discrimination. Gays have more problems because society already treats us as second class, we suffer more mental health problems related to being treated as sub standard or sub human. Try and imagine it yourself how it would feel to be separated and subjected to ridicule, discrimination and second class citizenship. It would suck to say the least.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:20 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
I'm just saying that, I think it would be better for homosexuals if they were easier to identify. And I think they should have their own restrooms(when its practical), just like straight men and women(who are attracted to each other) have separate bathrooms.

I think this would help to eliminate the social stigma in regards to homosexuals. Because you wouldn't have to sit around saying "I think Bobby is gay".

I mean, I remember being in high school and running around with my friends, passing out at random peoples houses. You might fall asleep on a couch or a bed with another guy, generally laying "head to feet" with him. I've probably slept in the same bed with 10 different men in my life, and I never thought anything about it really, because I knew they were straight.

When you sleep in a bed with a woman, regardless of if we were laying head to feet, it is much more awkward. And people make "assumptions.

Even recently, I went on a trip to Dallas with my sister and a female friend. We got one motel room with two beds. I slept on one bed, and my sister and the female friend slept in the other bed. Nothing abnormal about that. On the other, if I had slept in the same bed as the female friend, I bet her husband would be thinking I was a pervert weirdo, trying to score with his wife(or that I already did).

I remember my niece had met this "guy friend", and she wanted to hang out with him at his house. And I was thinking, there is no way I'm going to let you hang out at some guys house. Anyway, I basically learned later that the guy was a flaming homosexual. At that point, I didn't really mind too much that my niece was hanging around this guy. He was "just one of the girls".

Anyway, I'm just saying, there are real issues that come out of sexual attraction that affect the real world. Pretending that men and women are the same, and thus their sexual orientations are the same, is really ignoring reality.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
You are obviously insecure around other people. I don't have that problem. I don't have a problem going to the bathroom around other people. The human body is the human body.
I don't have a problem with my partner being alone with anyone that she chooses to be around. You see, I trust my partner she can take care of herself. She can deal with unwanted advances by herself. If she chooses to be with someone else there is nothing I can do about it. I can not, and do not want to, control her. I don't "allow " her to be around other humans, she chooses who she is hanging out with.

I will never wear a badge so that you and other bigoted homophobes can treat me like dirt. I live my life, I don't hide who I am, but my sexual orientation does not define who I am as a human being. There are good and bad people of every orientation.

Why don't you just concentrate on surrounding yourself with good people, instead of worrying who they are attracted to. And if someone makes you uncomfortable, welcome to the real world. Tell them that you aren't interested, and move on. Women have to deal with this everyday.

Put on your big boy briefs, and deal with it.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:28 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
How am I making myself look more idiotic?

You need to start asking yourself questions, rather than spewing out opinions.

Look, why are there bathrooms for women and bathrooms for men? Why would a man be fine with showering with other men, but not with women? Why would women be fine with showering with other women, but not with men?

Are gays living in tolerant countries more happy or less happy than the general population? Why?

Do women tend to feel more comfortable around gay men than straight men? Would a woman be more likely to be talkative towards a random male stranger, if she knew he was gay, and thus wasn't attracted towards her, and wouldn't take her friendliness as flirting?

Would straight men be more likely to feel comfortable with men hanging around their wives, if we knew who was gay and who wasn't.

Would the world be better off if homosexuals didn't exist at all?

In a "homosexual tolerant" country, would the existence of a "straight badge" and a "gay badge" cause harmful discrimination?

All I'm saying is that, homosexuality is inherently inferior. That doesn't mean that the individual is inferior, nor is it the individuals fault that they are homosexual. But, homosexuality is still inferior.

Which is simple to understand because, if you asked a gay person if they would have rather been born straight, 99% of them would say yes.

Gays don't want to be gay, straight people don't want gays to be gay. Being gay is basically a curse, on both the individual and society. The question is, if we understand that homosexuality is inferior, but it isn't anyone's fault. How do we address the situation in a practical way, which would minimize the negative social effects that come out of homosexuality, while doing minimal harm to individuals?
Yes women feel more comfortable around gay men, we do not treat them like an object, but as another human. I am happy being gay, been in a relationship that is now in its 34th year. Would it have been easier to be straight? Heck yeah, no discrimination, no hiding from soceity, no laws created to discriminate against me. But I am not inferior and being gay is not inferior. Are sterile people inferior too? The curse is the discrimination, not the sexual orientation. But how are we a curse, what do we do that bugs the hell out of straight people? You are digging your self in real deep in that pit of yours. What negative social affects are there? None, we work, we pay taxes, we even have families we support. It is the straights that want to put us down and separate us that cause the harm and distress, not being gay. By the way, most of my best friends are women and yes their husbands trust me and their wives trust me with their husbands too.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
I could care less of they made Christians wear badges. You know, they made Jews wear the badges, and the Jews actually liked wearing the badges..
O.M.G. Seriously, OMG!!!!

I suggest you go to your nearest Jewish Community Center or Synagogue, like ASAP, and find any Holocaust survivors around... then ask them how they felt about wearing the star. You have fallen victim to Nazi propaganda, some 70+ years later, which sadly is why the Jews first thought "eh, this isn't so bad." Yeah, until those stars were used to segregate, discriminate, and eventually murder most of them. My great-Aunt is a survivor of Auschwitz, and I can pretty much guarantee she has no "warm and fuzzy" feelings regarding those stars. Take my advice above, or at the very least read a few books on the Holocaust (Elie Wiesel is a good start), before you sound even more ridiculously insensitive & ill-informed.

As for your rantings about peeing & showering near gay people, that discomfort only applies to homophobic individuals... I have knowingly shared restrooms, lockers, my own home, etc, with lesbians, and it didn't bother me in the slightest. We were there to do our business, nothing else, and if they hit on me I can simply say "I'm straight, but thanks for asking." Gays have ALWAYS existed, so I'm not sure why this is suddenly an issue for you & your ilk. To quote the old chant: "They're here, they're qu33r, get used to it!" What you are suggesting, between the badges on their arms and/or somehow making them disappear, isn't just Nazi-like - it's STRAIGHT out of the Nazi handbook. Did you read Mein Kampf recently, or what?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:31 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
I'm just saying that, I think it would be better for homosexuals if they were easier to identify. And I think they should have their own restrooms(when its practical), just like straight men and women(who are attracted to each other) have separate bathrooms.

I think this would help to eliminate the social stigma in regards to homosexuals. Because you wouldn't have to sit around saying "I think Bobby is gay".
OH MY GOD. Branding and then segregating gays will eliminate the social stigma towards homosexuals.

Quote:
I mean, I remember being in high school and running around with my friends, passing out at random peoples houses. You might fall asleep on a couch or a bed with another guy, generally laying "head to feet" with him. I've probably slept in the same bed with 10 different men in my life, and I never thought anything about it really, because I knew they were straight.

When you sleep in a bed with a woman, regardless of if we were laying head to feet, it is much more awkward. And people make "assumptions.

Anyway, I'm just saying, there are real issues that come out of sexual attraction that affect the real world. Pretending that men and women are the same, and thus their sexual orientations are the same, is really ignoring reality.
I'm a gay man. Most of my friends are straight men (quite of few of them out of the Marine Corps in the last few years). We've been known to tie-one-on from time to time and end up crashing where we crash. I've slept in a bed with (or on the floor right next to) a handful of straight men on probably dozens or so occasions. Never once have there been assumptions, or awkwardness, or anything remotely sexual. You know why - I'm not a rapist, and my friends aren't insecure homophobes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies