Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:07 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there is a fallacy in your argument, that being when you have world leaders like ahmendenajad(sp), and terrorist organizations like al qeada, hamas, hezbolah, etc. who are willing to use what ever weapon they can get their hands on to create terror, then you are quite wrong in your argument that more nuclear weapons would make the world safer.
So let me get this straight, nuclear weapons should be regulated because some unhinged country may get a hold of one, yet there is no need to regulate muntions even though some unhinged individual may get ahold of one along with a ton of ammo very easily. Ahhhh thanks for the clarification , it makes total logical sense now why some instruments of killing are regulated while others shouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The U.S. has killed more people with nuclear bombs than any other country in the world. Perhaps other countries need to keep an eye on us.
really? and the last time a nuclear weapon was used in anger was when again? oh thats right august 8th 1945. and why was it used in anger? TO END A WORLD WAR THAT WE DID NOT START!!. has a nuke been used since? no.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
So let me get this straight, nuclear weapons should be regulated because some unhinged country may get a hold of one, yet there is no need to regulate muntions even though some unhinged individual may get ahold of one along with a ton of ammo very easily. Ahhhh thanks for the clarification , it makes total logical sense now why some instruments of killing are regulated while others shouldn't be.
ok then lets just ban EVERY WEAPON from EVERY country. think that will happen? i never said anything about regulating ammunition, i was merely responding to your fantasy argument that every country should have a nuclear weapon to make the world safer. what you still dont get is that there is real evil in the world, and that real evil will use what ever weapon they can get their hands on to destroy america and israel, as well as many other countries. iran for instance has stated MANY TIMES that they want to create the conditions needed to bring forth the 12th imam, and that means creating severe chaos around the world. if they get a nuke, they may not use it, but they will supply it to their allies, hamas, hezbolah, etc. and they WILL use the weapon.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 AM

458 posts, read 616,369 times
Quote:
Therefore every sovereign nation should have the right to obtain as many nuclear weapons as possible without any restrictions at all. This world would be safer if every country on Earth could stock pile massive arsenals of nuclear weapons to defend themselves against a theoretical attacker.
Agreed. Nuclear weapons are almost certainly why we haven't had World War III yet. As long as they're regulated in some fashion and the international community keeps them away from rogue states that refuse to abide by those regulations, a sovereign nation is just that - a sovereign nation.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Quote:
Therefore every sovereign nation should have the right to obtain as many nuclear weapons as possible without any restrictions at all. This world would be safer if every country on Earth could stock pile massive arsenals of nuclear weapons to defend themselves against a theoretical attacker.
Nonsense

Peace through superior firepower!

That's the way I see it.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:00 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Nukes ended the war in Japan and kept the peace for the next 50 some years. Now the technology has moved into the hands of some very dangerous nations like Pakistan, North Korea and Iran. The future will include a nuke attack on the USA by some terrorist group.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
There were guns long before liberals created this sick society. The Liberals have created this and now they are paying for it in blood. it's just too bad the blood belongs to the innocent.

The guns will save the rest of us.

it is high time to get real and understand the mentally inept are just that and pushing them forward with out earning it is a lie. That IS the reason what happened yesterday happened at all and it happens alot

The guy was a mental defective and was on drugs and he came to learn he was never going to get a girl friend and or earn 6 figures, and everything he ever learned was a lie told to him by liberals who wanted to make him 'Feel Better', and passed his life up the ladder of life..

That would make me angry too.........

it is high time to put down the liberal dog, and go back to what was good in the world.

Nothing of which comes from the artificial life style from the left and so called Liberal Elite.

No one is is equal period, and to just think so is quite insane. I assure you there will be plenty of hurt feelings in the future.

Last i know this isn't about Nukes and is all about guns, which you lefties don't know squat about, so maybe it's best to go forth and ban Nukes... After that you might return tio guns in the year 3030 or so....

Do you think Obama will be alive then?
What a well-measured, reasoned post
I knew there was one Rhodes Scholar lurking on these forums, I finally may have figured out who that is.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
What a well-measured, reasoned post
I knew there was one Rhodes Scholar lurking on these forums, I finally may have figured out who that is.
I think he typed out this gem in only ten minutes, sitting in his tipi with his gun resting across his lap, one eye glancing off to the side, waiting for the ATF stormtroopers to burst in.

Doesn't it do your heart good knowing that he's heavily armed?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I think he typed out this gem in only ten minutes, sitting in his tipi with his gun resting across his lap, one eye glancing off to the side, waiting for the ATF stormtroopers to burst in.

Doesn't it do your heart good knowing that he's heavily armed?
To think, he won a prize for "most informative poster"!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To think, he won a prize for "most informative poster"!
I hope you're kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies