Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
None saved in Connecticut since the school was a gun free zone and only a criminal of crazy would take a gun into the building. There is a difference between a public mall and a public school.
That's true, but perhaps common sense instead of mindless emotionalism will break out one day.

One thing worth mentioning about the Colorado shooting. There are several movie theaters in that area...the one where the mass slaughter took place is reported to be the only one with a no-guns policy. Anyone care to speculate as to why that particular theater was the one the gunman selected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Per the story, the shooter saw him and the next shot was the one that killed himself. This man being armed and confronting the shooter, may very well have saved more lives that night. He didnt fire, citing people in the background he did not want to hit if he missed, but his presence and the shooter seeing him, may have saved lives.
It makes it sound like the shooter saw him, backed off, and then shot himself. The timeline is actually longer and apparently the shooter walked past Meli and kept on going. Meli saw the shooter as the shooter made his way through the mall in front of the Macy's Home Store (Charlottes is opposite the Macys Home Store). I can't see that Meli made any difference in the shooters behavior.

Clackamas Town Center shooting: latest sheriff's press release | OregonLive.com

Prior to beginning his attack, the suspect parked his vehicle in the mall's south lot, near Macy's. He then moved north on foot through Macy's towards the food court. He then opened fire, fatally wounding two victims. Crime Scene Investigators also found indications of additional bullet strikes throughout the food court area.

Next, the suspect is believed to have moved east -- past the Macy's Home Store and into a service stairwell.

Moving down onto the lower floor of the mall, he continued east towards JC Penney's, where he was found dead by responding law-enforcement personnel -- 22 minutes after the first 911 call.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's true, but perhaps common sense instead of mindless emotionalism will break out one day.

One thing worth mentioning about the Colorado shooting. There are several movie theaters in that area...the one where the mass slaughter took place is reported to be the only one with a no-guns policy. Anyone care to speculate as to why that particular theater was the one the gunman selected?
I couldn't tell you what places were "gun free zones" and which weren't, and it's not going to matter to a nut job intent on harming as many people as possible before killing themselves.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
A stationary target at a range isn't proof of anything. It's not suprising that wannabe cowboys like yourself think stand still shooting at a target that's not shooting back with no real people in the area makes you a bad@ss.
Well, you see we have this problem I was a U.S. Marine and have been in combat. I am also a firearms expert/armorer/reloader part time for a Police Department. I shoot on combat courses while on the move as well. I run so I can get my heart rate up to simulate stress. I practice 200 rounds a week minimum.

I could have taken that shot and been successful.

BTW...where is the middle finger emoticon?

You'll have to settle for approx 6,000 rounds of once fired L.E. .40 S&W.

Spoiler

Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Well, you see we have this problem I was a U.S. Marine and have been in combat. I am also a firearms expert/armorer/reloader part time for a Police Department. I shoot on combat courses while on the move as well. I run so I can get my heart rate up to simulate stress. I practice 200 rounds a week minimum.

I could have taken that shot and been successful.

BTW...where is the middle finger emoticon?

You'll have to settle for approx 6,000 rounds of once fired L.E. .40 S&W.

Spoiler

Time to fire up the tumbler and get to work. All that empty brass isn't going to stop any criminal.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,184,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Time to fire up the tumbler and get to work. All that empty brass isn't going to stop any criminal.
I clean up the range for trade for the brass. Shooting at a moving target? We fill up a gallon milk jug with water and tie a rope to it. The shooter stands in FRONT of the guy pulling the rope. It skids along the ground in front of the backstop. A few good yanks and it's coming fast...make it bleed. We also tie helium ballons to an RC car and drive it around the backstop area. Not only do you have to hit one...it must be "said" color. The person giving the commands calls it out. "RED"...."BLUE" etc...etc.. This is all timed with one of these. CLUB TIMER III | Brownells

We also run malfunction drills and time them. I can clear a double feed and reload in under 6 seconds. I can clear a stovepipe or FTE...FTF in under 2 seconds.

We aren't screwing around....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies