Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

I didn't hear Obama say any such thing. And, if you think about it, the system in place or part of the system in place did work. The kid went to a sporting goods store and he was turned down, he was NOT able to buy a gun. So, what does a criminal do? He steals them. My suggestion to Mr Obama would be to kick the people who abuse the welfare system (the lifers) out and use that money to put dangerous people like this kid in institutions. Get them out of our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Gun manufacturers might want to go Union then Obama will support gun ownership. Might even bail them out if needed.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logs and Dogs View Post
I'm a lot closer to understanding the root cause of the problems with historical mass murderers like Lanza than you are evidently.

Read up. Come back with some of the root causes and people might engage you in a real discussion. There aren't any prizes for winning an internet discussion.
So your idea of a solution is to smoke out the loners and disturbed and do what: offer them counseling, force them to take medication, what?

Do you force treatment on a "highly suspect problem person" or do you just provide the final solution?

Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post
Watching Obama speak at the memorial service, right now.

It is clear. This has finally been the tipping point.

Better stock up rednecks, because we're coming for the guns.
You don't care about all of the Christianity that he spoke of?

I guess obama is exempt from criticism of "separation of church and state", huh?

the next thing you know, lefties will be saying "WWJD".

(He wouldn't be for killing babies in the womb, that's for sure!)

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You don't care about all of the Christianity that he spoke of?

I guess obama is exempt from criticism of "separation of church and state", huh?

the next thing you know, lefties will be saying "WWJD".

(He wouldn't be for killing babies in the womb, that's for sure!)

It was an interfaith service; President Obama spoke of his own Christianity, which is a natural thing for someone to do. As for "WWJD," whatever makes anyone so credulous that they'd assume that liberals are incapable of being spiritual, whether Christian or Buddhist, Hebrew or Muslim? Silly assumption and an off-topic post.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where in Obama's address to the CT community did he say he was planning to ban guns?

Again, at least wait until those young school children are laid to rest before you start complaining that this incident might threaten your gun/guns! Imagine how this crying of gun lovers must sound to the parents who lost their young child!
I'll tell you what I remember. I remember 9/11 and how we all were angry and in sadness and how in a emotional state we allowed certain new laws and responses set in motion without thinking out the long term on them and how in some ways they actually made things worse.

Certain Democrats have already voiced that they plan to introduce new laws in the wake of this shooting, not even two days later. Now who is using this tragedy to their advantage?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'll tell you what I remember. I remember 9/11 and how we all were angry and in sadness and how in a emotional state we allowed certain new laws and responses set in motion without thinking out the long term on them and how in some ways they actually made things worse.

Certain Democrats have already voiced that they plan to introduce new laws in the wake of this shooting, not even two days later. Now who is using this tragedy to their advantage?

Quote:
“...to disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them…” — George Mason

looks like the libs want to enslave the populace.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nope. It would have to go through GOP Congress. People need to understand how this country works.
At one time I did, until Obama got away with illegal executive orders.. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 PM

408 posts, read 607,543 times
Best speech of his presidency, imo. It was extremely therapeutic and inspiring, yet it wasn't ''safe''. It was strong, carrying with it a powerful message insinuating that America's gun pathology has gone too far. He wouldn't have gone that strong first term.

I'm increasingly convinced that when it's all said and done, Obama's presidency will be viewed as one of the most transforming experiences in American history. America's understanding of race, guns, war, homosexuality, etc is evolving before our eyes.

Incredible.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Best speech of his presidency, imo. It was extremely therapeutic and inspiring, yet it wasn't ''safe''. It was strong, carrying with it a powerful message insinuating that America's gun pathology has gone too far. He wouldn't have gone that strong first term.

I'm increasingly convinced that when it's all said and done, Obama's presidency will be viewed as one of the most transforming experiences in American history. America's understanding of race, guns, war, homosexuality, etc is evolving before our eyes.

Incredible.

he is going that far because he isnt getting another term. the dems lost both houses when awb94 happened, i see it happening again if another awb is passed. plus the fact that most will not even turn in their so-called misnamed assault rifles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies