Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
We agree to disagree Elementary School do not have campus Police Officer(s) assigned to every campus LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL and HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS(S) here in CA I know what I'm Talking About because of My Three KID(S) and GrandKID(S)...attended and currently attend. You and I don't know what a Sworn Law Enforcement Officer(s) could and couldn't do until we cross THAT BRIDGE...however how many of these shoot out happen on a CALIFORNIA SCHOOL CAMPUS....(?)
Not all middle and high schools have campus police. Ours has a part time DARE officer, when funding is available, who can usually be found in the back office doing paperwork or having meetings when trouble breaks out on campus. He's not there to watch out for and shoot bad guys. Want to know who patrols? Parents, volunteers, moms like me, no guns, no weapons. Maybe a walkie talkie if there was a reason. I know, I was one of them for awhile. Minimum wage for the lunch hours only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Obama won't go after his biggest support base, Hollywood. The merchants of violence will continue to get a free pass and demand gun control, but refuse to remove their very violent product from the big screen.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Who Me ? when I was in school yes the world was evil and it is more evil today but the school was warm and safe with no armed guards,metal detectors.Our enforcement was respect for authority in the form of the Principle who was one huge man and the reciting of the LORDS PRAYER... you could feel the love of learning it could do no harm in todays world....ever really read the words and what they say? When you unarm yourself and allow evil outlets to take hold of your soul you slide to the Dark Side. Read the story of JOB and wake up before its too late...but its your FREEWILL to decide.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama is a homicidal maniac, nothing to be learned from him.
As are most conservatives.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Who Me ? when I was in school yes the world was evil and it is more evil today but the school was warm and safe with no armed guards,metal detectors.Our enforcement was respect for authority in the form of the Principle who was one huge man and the reciting of the LORDS PRAYER... you could feel the love of learning it could do no harm in todays world....ever really read the words and what they say? When you unarm yourself and allow evil outlets to take hold of your soul you slide to the Dark Side. Read the story of JOB and wake up before its too late...but its your FREEWILL to decide.
So you're suggesting that the govt mandates the saying of the Lord's Prayer in school? Maybe that would fly down South in hick towns, but the rest of us would not want the govt intrusion into our faith.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Leave it to the Obama haters on this site to dismiss the President's speech. Their hatred for President Obama is so great that they are more worried about the 4 dead people in Benghazi than the 20 children slaughtered in Newtown.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:14 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
He's still giving the speech now, as I type this. But I am greatly moved by what he said.
Then you did not hear what he said. He basically said we failed, and so now "we" as in the federal government will have to step in and fix this for us, because we the people have failed.

Did 0bama ask any of us to do anything? No. Obama thinks the answer to this is political, and the federal government will just enact more laws and regulations to fix us.

"I’ve been reflecting on this the last few days, and if we’re honest with ourselves, the answer is no. We’re not doing enough. And we will have to change.

In the coming weeks, I will use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement to mental health professionals to parents and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this. Because what choice do we have? We can’t accept events like this as routine. Are we really prepared to say that we’re powerless in the face of such carnage, that the politics are too hard? Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?
"

Jay Carney told us the same thing, the federal government will start trying to solve our problems for us.

Q I want to ask you about gun violence and then fiscal cliff. The President made an impassioned plea last night for the nation to do more to protect its children, and I want to try to get a little more specific about what he means. Can you tell us when he talks about using the power of his office whether that includes using the power of his office to push for tighter gun control?

MR. CARNEY: I appreciate the question. The President spoke last night at the vigil in Newtown and he spoke about the fact that the families of Newtown are not alone. And he also spoke about the fact that the kind of violence that occurred in Newtown occurs too often in this country, although what we saw in Newtown was particularly horrific. He said that in the coming weeks he would use the power of his office to engage the American people and lawmakers, law enforcement, mental health experts, educators and others in an effort to try to prevent these kinds of terrible tragedies from happening in the future.

It’s a complex problem that will require a complex solution. No single piece of legislation, no single action will fully address the problem. So I don't have a specific agenda to announce to you today. I would simply point you to what the President said last night about moving forward in coming weeks and I would look for him to do that.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 12/17/12 | The White House

So get ready for lots of federal interference on this, because we the people failed Obama so he and the feds will take over now.

Why the hell Obama decided to turn a prayer vigil into a political grandstanding event is beyond me, but I'm sure the vapid, sycophantic left did not have a problem with it at all, and were probably enthralled.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Leave it to the Obama haters on this site to dismiss the President's speech. Their hatred for President Obama is so great that they are more worried about the 4 dead people in Benghazi than the 20 children slaughtered in Newtown.
Why did he have to turn it political?? Your last comment is in bad taste.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why did he have to turn it political?? Your last comment is in bad taste.
Sorry but my last comment is the truth especially on this forum where many spend time on countless threads on Benghazi. As for the political aspect of his speech there is a political component to it because the assault weapons ban expired in 2004 under Bush and he made no effort to continue it. If that ban had still been in place maybe 20 kids would still be alive today or the people in Colorado or Oregon or Tuscon. He basically adressed the Elephant in the room and he is the President not some clergyman that can only console you.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
You are assuming these poor people would be alive if guns were gone ?
People have been killing people forever since Cain and Abel.Adam had set off alarms for years maybe its time to separate the Harris and Klebolds from the general population into special schools ? You know these poor kids are bullied by mean kids and the weaker kids follow suit to be apart of the crowd.Maybe quit medicating young children with mind altering drugs? Maybe instead of Call of Duty parents should by a good book for their kids to read this Christmas? Instead of a good shoot 'em up movie [I want to see Django unchained] go see something else and start sending a message to the Media providers to clean up their act too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies