Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM

504 posts, read 457,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Your "progressive" card is now officially revoked. You fell victim to the fear being fed to the population by the NRA. God help you if your 8 year old grows up to figure out how to get ahold of your gun.

My friend I now give you the floor to explain why you feel this COUNTRY is SAFE, FAIR and STABLE enough for me to feel that I dont need my rifles.

My 8yr old can under my supervision field strip, clean and competently fire the same bushmaster used in the horrible incident. She.........yes She doesnt even know where my gun-safe is much less get past the locking mechanisms.

The keys to my car are sitting on the kitchen table!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,702,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
When you buck Ideology the crickets become deafening!
And when I read what sounds like a crazy rant, I usually ignore it.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And when I read what sounds like a crazy rant, I usually ignore it.
Would love to hear your opinion in oposition. This is why the forum is here---- Not looking for cheer leaders.
Please Share!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Lol I have no worries there will be a confiscation of what has already been purchased. I am sure that will be grandfathered. Senator Feintstein even said as much.

If you look up my prior posts you will see that I point out that since 08' Obama has been nothing but a STRAWMAN for Gun Dealers to GOUGE the Dumb and uneducated newbies to the gunworld out of their hard earned money.

Previously there has been no political headwind, now thanx to the nutjob in Conneticut and the Media putting the damn situation on replay 24/7 to build a ground-swell. WHen that Nazi who owns FAUX (FOX) News agrees with Obama you know something is afoot.

My post is more so to make the SAD point that I do not feel that our country is SAFE, STABLE or FAIR enough to where I am comfortable not owning these rifles.

Forrest for the Trees my Friend!
senator feinstein is REALLY clueless if she is talking about both banning and grandfathering the guns already out there. it will just mean protection for the rich over time-those with the money will get the weapons and the poor will be left defenseless.

just when i thought a liberal couldn't be more irrational, one comes along and proves me wrong.

on a side note, you are surprised about the media agreeing with obama? really? even fox news is in the tank for obama, as they were in the last election cycle.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,297 times
Quote:
Lol I have no worries there will be a confiscation of what has already been purchased. I am sure that will be grandfathered. Senator Feintstein even said as much.

If you look up my prior posts you will see that I point out that since 08' Obama has been nothing but a STRAWMAN for Gun Dealers to GOUGE the Dumb and uneducated newbies to the gunworld out of their hard earned money.

Previously there has been no political headwind, now thanx to the nutjob in Conneticut and the Media putting the damn situation on replay 24/7 to build a ground-swell. WHen that Nazi who owns FAUX (FOX) News agrees with Obama you know something is afoot.

My post is more so to make the SAD point that I do not feel that our country is SAFE, STABLE or FAIR enough to where I am comfortable not owning these rifles.

Forrest for the Trees my Friend!
Dude don't blame me for you not being able to make a coherent point. If you're scared, you're scared. I feel bad that you think you need military weapons to protect your home..

Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,511,297 times
Quote:
My friend I now give you the floor to explain why you feel this COUNTRY is SAFE, FAIR and STABLE enough for me to feel that I dont need my rifles.

My 8yr old can under my supervision field strip, clean and competently fire the same bushmaster used in the horrible incident. She.........yes She doesnt even know where my gun-safe is much less get past the locking mechanisms.

The keys to my car are sitting on the kitchen table!
Crime Drops to All-Time Low : Discovery News

What does fair have to do with you having military style weapons? I'm sure Lanza's mom thought her guns were safe until she was slaughtered with them.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:13 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,032,088 times
I have to agree with Killa-P that this country is a mess and could break down at any time. Corruption is so deep and the majority of Americans are so brainwashed that I don't feel any thing will change for the better until this country goes through some serious pain and changes. Most of the people on this forum have not a clue about what is really going on in this world because they question nothing the MSM tells them and they just believe it to be true. Most of the people here just repeat what they heard word for word on TV and never question it or probably don't even understand what they are really saying.

I can really care less anymore if people choose to be ready to defend there families if society did breakdown. But if things do get crazy don't ask me for help, if you were awake you also would have been prepared.

Now get back to your TV, everything is ok and the economy is growing. And don't forget, inflation is under control because Ben Bernanke said so and he would never lie.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Crime Drops to All-Time Low : Discovery News

What does fair have to do with you having military style weapons? I'm sure Lanza's mom thought her guns were safe until she was slaughtered with them.
maybe she should have been scared.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Dude don't blame me for you not being able to make a coherent point. If you're scared, you're scared. I feel bad that you think you need military weapons to protect your home..

Lol I didnt make a coherent point. Sorry if I cant show up in your house and write it on the wall in my own feces.
What about my point are you missing?
Ok I will do this another way.

Answer me this!

How well is the Govt currently working for you?

Do you trust the under-paid police forces to show up and help you in the event of an emergency

How stable do you feel that the American economy is?

What are you plans if the economy breaks down?

Do you know what an EMP burst would do to the country?

I am all for the background checks. I am not a black helicopter we got to fight the govt wing nut, becase WE ARE THE GOVT. But I do feel things could break down and I prefer to be ready. I have been paying Car insurance for 19yrs and not had one significant accident. Should I quit!!!

Guns are like Seatbelts. Unnecessary until you needed them but by that time your screwed.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,385,739 times
In situations like Katrina or the LA riots of 1992, people found out that situations can still arise where people need to defend themselves. People who think otherwise haven't read enough history. Charleton Heston lived in the LA area, and said that he got quite a few calls from liberal friends for 'loaner' guns during the riots. He said he turned them down. A gun is not necessarily a magic talisman anyway; gotta have skill and training. He knew that but his liberal friends didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies