Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 04:27 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
By the way, I think that dad in this situation has gotten a bit of a free pass. I think he and his wife knew they had a troubled son, and the dad bailed out on them, offerring money because he didn't want to spend any more of his time, wanted to escape.

I wonder when the last time this guy saw his son was. I wonder how much of this kids time was spent alone in that house..probably most or all of it. There's so much that went wrong here.
Do you think he could have stopped his ex-wife from teaching their son to handle guns or from having easy access to guns for the little psycho in the house?

If you think he could have "helped" the psycho (for lack of a better word) son to be normal or more normal by paying more attention, I don't agree. What was wrong with their son was something he was born with, something wrong with his brain. The son was born with no empathy and born with an extremely antisocial nature. No amount of attention from anyone could fix that. That's why I find it so moronic that the mother let him have access to guns.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Do terrorists and nut cases know that?
Furthermore, do they care?

Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
No, but there are also safeguards in place to alert authorities if someone makes substantial enough purchases of most bomb making material. I bet they don't know that. Who's to say they will even devise the bomb correctly. Guns are pretty fool-proof and have one main purpose.

The whole bomb, knife, gasoline with a match arguments are bunk.
That makes things harder, but not impossible.

The crooks know how to get around that by having multiple people do the buys. They even have cute little nicknames:

Urban Dictionary: smurfer

Quote:
Most commonly used in the methamphetamine trade, where "smurfers" visit pharmacies and purchase small quantities of cold/flu tablets to provide to a maker ("papa smurf") of the drug.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:34 PM

Default Okay the NRA made a statement ...

... that they're going to hold a news conference.

NRA breaks silence on ‘horrific and senseless’ Newtown massacre
NRA breaks silence on

Quote:
Facing a fierce push for new restrictions on gun ownership in the tragedy’s aftermath, the group said it would hold "a major news conference" in Washington on Friday. It did not elaborate.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
... that they're going to hold a news conference.

NRA breaks silence on ‘horrific and senseless’ Newtown massacre
NRA breaks silence on
I am sure there will be some shocking changes in their opinions. Let me guess, "we look forward to discussions that tragedies like this will never occur again".

or in my dreams "we will work towards restrictions on assault weapons for civilians".

Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,673 times
Killings = Lets ban guns/stripmalls/cars/alcohol/swimming pools

What else im a forgetten also i don't use guns but obama is enough of a dictator he dosin't need to add to his profile.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Furthermore, do they care?
And the answer is...

Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
And the answer is...
No, no, a thousand times no!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:05 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,146,742 times
We have a winner!

Old 12-19-2012, 06:14 AM

3,524 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
No, but there are also safeguards in place to alert authorities if someone makes substantial enough purchases of most bomb making material. I bet they don't know that. Who's to say they will even devise the bomb correctly. Guns are pretty fool-proof and have one main purpose.

The whole bomb, knife, gasoline with a match arguments are bunk.
Because diesel and fertilizer are so hard to get

Lets see... stop by the nearest truck stop..... get diesel check. or use home heating oil, essentially the same thing. No one is going to notice if you buy 20 gallons of diesel once a week and store it, especially if you have a DIESEL TRUCK!

Where do I get fertilizer????? Hmmmm... garden store, check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies