Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM

31 posts, read 53,609 times

Advertisements

I think the AK is my favorite.

It never ceases to amaze me how people think bans and other heavy restrictions will prevent massacres and crime. How does taking away a law abiding citizens right to any of the OP's guns prevent a criminal or nutjob from procuring one of the millions on the black market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Nevada.

No "Brady Tax" background check, either.

Walked into the store, rapped with a salesman for a few minutes, picked out the pieces I wanted, filled out the 4473, paid cash and walked out the door with them. Crazy, eh?
I am in Ventura County and I am so driving to Nevada this week! Thanks!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Go pound salt you scum sons and daughters of evil spawn.

Scotty I am angry, but not at you in case it looks that way..... mac

I have just had IT with these whining gun grabbers...... This is my last straw..
What, are you going to pick up your gun and start shooting?

You should tell all this to the families who are now mourning their children.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Good they'll make for nice antiques. We will enact laws that if you are seen in public with them they will be confiscated and you'll face charges.
Cowards kill children - every massacre in the last five years has been carried out by mentally deranged cowards. On the other hand, people should/will have no problem plunking those who intend to pull a Third Reich on them. I can;t help but think if this were the thrties, you'd be the first in line to join the HY.

You need to explain who "we" are in that messed up little mind of yours. You've said this at least a dozen times and have yet to explain what your reasoning is. Will you actually walk up to US and confiscate OUR weapons YOURSELF? If yes, I'll PM you my address so you can (try to) confiscate my weapons.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-20-2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Well one thing is for sure, he over paid for it. If he says different he is lying. They have went up in price from 40 to 100 percent. Good luck with that in 6 months when you can't get more than 70 percent of what you paid for it. LMAO

Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Nice. My dad had an AR its my favorite gun. My big bro has that same 12 gauge, its a pretty nice gun too. Guns are very big in my family, and it would be bad for someones heallth if they came to the door to try to take them.

I understand that after something like this happens people, in a panic, want to eliminate the posibility of this ever happening again. But this isn't about guns, this is about people. People commit these terrible crimes, and they don't always use guns. This country was forced into a war by men on planes with box cutters, not guns. Just sayin'.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
I saw that freightshaker replied, "If that is how her bill is written, it will never even come close to passing.. Guaranteed.." I agree. There's no way it'd pass the house with that language, and I even doubt it'd clear the senate.

There's a lot of emotion over Friday's event, but there are also a heck of a lot of gun owners out there - democrats and republicans - and something that draconian doesn't stand a chance. It's just a starting point for negotiations. The final bill will be much different.
I hope you're right, but there are alot of bottom feeders out there looking to exploit this tragedy while everypone's emotions are high. In a few weeks, people will most likely settle down and show some common sense once again. Obama, Fineswine and Bloomberg want to make sure that doesn't happen.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:36 AM

397 posts, read 257,570 times
Quote:
In light of all the knee-jerk idiocy taking place in discussion forums such as this one and in the halls of Congress, and in anticipation of what will almost certainly follow, I went shopping yesterday.

Bought myself a Saiga 12 semi-automatic shotgun. It's a 12 gauge built on the AK platform:

I also bought an Arsenal AK-47 with a milled receiver (very nice gun):

And a Daniel Defense M4V5 AR-15:

Thanks to all the dumb-clucks (many of which post in this forum) pushing for useless new do-nothing feel-good legislation, I stand to make a pretty penny when I sell these in a few years. I'll be keeping the AR, though. I've been kicking around getting one for a while, so all the idiotic jabbering online, Diane Feinstein's vow to introduce more bad legislation and Obama's desire "to come together and take meaningful action" was the deciding factor. I fully expect another bad law that will have no effect on anybody or anything other than law abiding citizens to be passed, and this time, there won't be a sunset provision.

So thanks to the dummies out there that have no knowledge about guns whatsoever - that includes both citizens and politicians - I'm going to have fewer options available when I want to add another firearm to the collection, but at least I stand to make a few bucks over it. And if I'm wrong, and no new laws are passed (highly unlikely), the safe queens will still be worth nearly as much as I paid for them - and maybe more (the AK is a discontinued model but highly sought after).
Home schooled kids around many guns listening to Limbaugh and their angry parents are another Sandy Hook waiting to happen. Also deep hate for President Obama and all Democrats while screaming tea party slogans. It will happen again and people like you will be the reason why. A law should be passed to remove children from these homes. Let them keep their guns,take the kids.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:04 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No he's good to buy them. Something is going to happen. However we'll make laws that will make it very problematic for him to shoot them at ranges, transport them etc. Basically they'll be nothing more than museum pieces when we're done eradicating these killing machines in the public sphere.
This statement from the same people who are working to further legalize marijuana and the notion of men marrying men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies