Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 03:03 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,997 times

Advertisements

I know several people who have bought ARs now that they are cheap again instead of putting it in the bank and are waiting for the next gun ban to sell them at three times the price. I bought one myself and several hundred dollars in mags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 03:08 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I know several people who have bought ARs now that they are cheap again instead of putting it in the bank and are waiting for the next gun ban to sell them at three times the price. I bought one myself and several hundred dollars in mags.
I've seen them in the $9 each range when buying in bulk. Nice ones with the anti-tilt followers.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:24 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but if you're going to use a picture in a debate you might want to try explaining what the picture is of and why it is relevant to the conversation. FYI, I do know what the picture is of, but if you're not even going to bother typing a response then I'm not going to bother debating you.
Since clb10's picture can't be "quoted", I'm at least quoting the response.

A little bit of research would let you know that Timothy McVeigh attended a couple of Michigan Militia meetings before being asked to leave due to his extremist views. There is a huge difference between preparedness and acts of revenge.

clb10, if you have the time, check out "Rise of the AR-15" videos on You Tube. The video below shows how it may have changed the views of the reporter who created the documentary.

Brian Sullivan Talks CNBC'S "America's Gun: The Rise Of The AR-15" - YouTube

Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,862,281 times
Fun Facts About the AR-15

* The inventor of the AR-15 was Satan, though his patent has since expired.
* Scientists have confirmed the deadly effects of an AR-15 by giving it to a chimpanzee who then murdered them.
* Scientists agree that each year the AR-15 will grow more deadly until it kills everyone in the entire world.
* Some believe that Hitler was in fact an AR-15 in a rubber mask.
* In the Garden of Eden, God gave Adam and Eve access to every firearm out there except for the AR-15 which he told them not to touch because it was too evil. But then the NRA, in the guise of a serpent, told Eve that the AR-15 is really fun to shoot. So then Eve took the AR-15 and started shooting all the animals in the garden because she is one awesome chick.
* The part that makes the AR-15 so extra deadly is the handle on top. The AR-15 would be used in less murders if it were more inconvenient to carry.
* It was an AR-15 that told Miley Cyrus to dance like that.
* Bullets that are normally harmless will kill instantly when fired out of the AR-15.
* The reason AR-15s have that prominent handle on them is because the most requested feature for an assault rifle was to be able to carry it like a Hello Kitty lunch box.
* If you find yourself surrounded by AR-15's, know that they will fire automatically if they sense fear.
* The AR-15 is easily concealable and can fit inside a matchbox.
* The AR-15 is the leading cause of global warming from how its bullets shoot holes in the ozone.
* A very small percentage of gun deaths are attributed to the AR-15 because it is very good at disguising itself as other guns to frame them.
* What are the differences between an M16 and an AR-15? Scientists agree that it is something.
* The AR-15 can be rendered harmless by giving it only a 10 round magazine as people always miss with the first ten rounds and an AR-15 takes an hour and a half to reload.
* The AR-15 can shoot through schools.
* In a battle between Aquaman and an AR-15, Aquaman would break down and buy it so people might think he’s more manly.
* There were no shooting deaths until the invention of an AR-15. No one even considered using a gun to shoot another human being until someone saw an AR-15 and said, “I bet I could use this to kill a lot of people.”
* There was an assault musket similar to the AR-15 used by the world’s most evil pirates, but it was pronounced “Arrr-15.”
* The Assault Weapon ban was needed because it is well known that an AR-15 with both a pistol grip and a flash suppressor would be unstoppable by any modern military.
* In Europe there is no such thing as an AR-15 and thus also no such thing as murders. Instead of being violent, people there just drink wine and smoke cigarettes all day.
* If you are shot by an AR-15, you become one and kill others.
* The AR-15 is responsible for 95% of all deaths each year. The rest of the deaths are from obesity and drone strikes.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Why don't you come up with some opinions of your own instead of pasting those of others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
So you're accusing me of plagiarizing--show me where I plagiarized it from. Oh, you didn't, because you can't, because I wrote every line myself. What kind of BS is this? More of "your brain on liberalism," I suppose.
I suppose that by now this is officially a skedaddle. I.e. you post a B.S. accusation and then run away when challenged.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
[quote=Threerun;32136607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're the worst kind of gun owner. The kind that doesn't mind if this gun is banned or that gun is banned because "they" don't use them, don't see a need for them, and so don't think any of the rest of us would have a practical need or use for them.[/ quote]

that's ironic because that's exactly how I feel about gun owners like you. You feel entitled to be able to buy whatever you want whenever you want or sell whatever you want exempted from any culpability.
If we allow one whole class of firearms to be banned from civilian ownership, it won't be long before the disarmament junkies want more. I voiced this concern in our last discourse, and a couple other posters have brought it up as well. The Obamas, Feinsteins, Reids, Schumers, Bloombergs, et al, will not stop with semi autos. They and tbeir supporters have made tbat plain. Their goal is a disarmed civilian population. I am willing to bet, that either all handguns, or bolt, lever and slide action high powers are next on the list. They will find all sorts of evil features to wail about, and start spewing the same, fancy sounding, but nonsensical, terminology they use for semi autos to demonize another class of guns. Your hunting weapons are not safe.

You also mentioned "culpability" in private sales, meaning, I assume, tbag you are in favor of "bacmground checks" for tbese? On the surface, this doesn't seem so bad, however, upon scrutiny, doesn't pass muster. It would require a national registry to work, and does nothing to stop illegal sales. If you have no issue with a central firearms data base, then, I suppose, that's fine. However, I DO have serious issue with it. It's none of the Ceds business what types and how many guns I have. I feel this data can, and will, be used for confiscation purposes. If the disarmament junkies push for this before they push for an outright ban on semi auto service style rifles, that seals the deal for me.

You see, I feel there are a lot of far reaching and invasive ramifications to much of tbe regulation you support. I'm not taking an "I'm right, you're wrong" stance, cuz I'm not in tbe mood for confrontational posting, at all. I'm just putting it out there what may take is.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Good for you. That's your choice. You have the gun that is right for you and your needs. That doesn't mean whatever you're using is right for me or my needs, so why do you want to take my choice away from me?
It funny that the people on the left always say they are full of empathy and compassion, yet they dont care about what are person needs or wants when it comes to self defense.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Let's see... Clinton was the last one to present an assault weapon ban and we didn't turn into a totalitarian state.

Sooo... Every one that wants common sense is a totalitarian. Is that right? Based on, oh, 12 years ago??

Just trying to make sense of this argument. You must be right, seeing as though you cling to your guns, right? Damn my fellow countrymen and kids- I have my gun and can trade and sell it wherever I want, whenever I want, to whomever I want. Because anything less is totalitarianism.

Is that the argument here?

I'm going elk hunting this weekend and I have no time for this foolish BS with small minded peckerheads. Enjoy your red state as long as it lasts. Fools.
Really? so Waco was not an act or terror, dished out by the ATF? for no other reason then it made Clinton look weak..or the countless people that were arrest for no other reason then their firearm had a cosmetic features on it?

How is it common sense to force your views on to other people? how is it common sense to pass more laws that will not reduce crime, that will do nothing be give the state more power?

but then again its all about symbolism over substance to the statist...anything to get their way.

Hey have fun, I hope a Grizzly does not find you, but then again, one shot is all you need right?

it will last, and they as well as liberty will expend...and if that must mean the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants fine..

Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Over 70,000 contributors and raising millions to try and further some sense of sensibility with regards to the social issue that IS gun violence is substantial. It's actually refreshing that one doesn't have to pay in order to have their voices heard.

I believe they will receive as much corporate PAC money as the NRA in very short time.
...how is it common sense to force your views on to someone? to limit the civil rights of people who have done nothing wrong?

you never answers my question, what branch, what years? what theater?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I believe my argument is quite solid. But hey- whenever you disagree with someone they must be a liberal, right?
What argument, give up the most effective arms all in the name of public safety, and if not you dont love kids, and want to see them die, that is not an argument but cheap personal attacks...

We have the facts, what have statistic, we have history, logic, reason, justice and liberty on our side...what do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies