Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:49 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,862,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I would love to get my hands on this baby.

The Akdal MKA 1919 is a 12-gauge based upon the AR-15 frame. Loaded with a 10-round magazine it is about 2 pounds lighter than my current Mossberg Model 500 loaded with 7 rounds. The rate of fire is also significantly faster than the Mossberg, since I will not have to cycle the pump with each shot. Also, because it is entirely synthetic it will not get nearly as beat up as my Mossberg has become over the years.

Overall, I consider the Akdal MKA 1919 a superior "camp gun" to my Mossberg.
Awesome! That would be some great bear deterrent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 11:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
That is why it is good to be on the trigger end!
I don't trust myself, don't want to risk misfiring.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yea it seems like a cool thing to get into, shooting targets, hunting and stuff... just too noisy for me lol.
Come visit us in Alaska. We will take you shooting.

Check this out. You will have a good time, learn marksmanship and some history. They have a lot of events in Texas.

Project Appleseed Home

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...tatename=Texas

Old 01-21-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Come visit us in Alaska. We will take you shooting.

Check this out. You will have a good time, learn marksmanship and some history. They have a lot of events in Texas.

Project Appleseed Home

Appleseed Schedule
Lol alright, you guys will probably be shooting big ol AK's and i'll probably just be shooting a 9mm.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:58 PM

Time and place for this to be posted again...

Fun Facts About the AR-15

* The inventor of the AR-15 was Satan, though his patent has since expired.
* Scientists have confirmed the deadly effects of an AR-15 by giving it to a chimpanzee who then murdered them.
* Scientists agree that each year the AR-15 will grow more deadly until it kills everyone in the entire world.
* Some believe that Hitler was in fact an AR-15 in a rubber mask.
* In the Garden of Eden, God gave Adam and Eve access to every firearm out there except for the AR-15 which he told them not to touch because it was too evil. But then the NRA, in the guise of a serpent, told Eve that the AR-15 is really fun to shoot. So then Eve took the AR-15 and started shooting all the animals in the garden because she is one awesome chick.
* The part that makes the AR-15 so extra deadly is the handle on top. The AR-15 would be used in less murders if it were more inconvenient to carry.
* It was an AR-15 that told Miley Cyrus to dance like that.
* Bullets that are normally harmless will kill instantly when fired out of the AR-15.
* The reason AR-15s have that prominent handle on them is because the most requested feature for an assault rifle was to be able to carry it like a Hello Kitty lunch box.
* If you find yourself surrounded by AR-15's, know that they will fire automatically if they sense fear.
* The AR-15 is easily concealable and can fit inside a matchbox.
* The AR-15 is the leading cause of global warming from how its bullets shoot holes in the ozone.
* A very small percentage of gun deaths are attributed to the AR-15 because it is very good at disguising itself as other guns to frame them.
* What are the differences between an M16 and an AR-15? Scientists agree that it is something.
* The AR-15 can be rendered harmless by giving it only a 10 round magazine as people always miss with the first ten rounds and an AR-15 takes an hour and a half to reload.
* The AR-15 can shoot through schools.
* In a battle between Aquaman and an AR-15, Aquaman would break down and buy it so people might think he’s more manly.
* There were no shooting deaths until the invention of an AR-15. No one even considered using a gun to shoot another human being until someone saw an AR-15 and said, “I bet I could use this to kill a lot of people.”
* There was an assault musket similar to the AR-15 used by the world’s most evil pirates, but it was pronounced “Arrr-15.”
* The Assault Weapon ban was needed because it is well known that an AR-15 with both a pistol grip and a flash suppressor would be unstoppable by any modern military.
* In Europe there is no such thing as an AR-15 and thus also no such thing as murders. Instead of being violent, people there just drink wine and smoke cigarettes all day.
* If you are shot by an AR-15, you become one and kill others.
* The AR-15 is responsible for 95% of all deaths each year. The rest of the deaths are from obesity and drone strikes.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Lol alright, you guys will probably be shooting big ol AK's and i'll probably just be shooting a 9mm.
We like 9mms too.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
I don't trust myself, don't want to risk misfiring.
That is merely because you have no experience.

First, take an NRA gun safety course. It is entirely in the classroom setting, and no guns are involved. They are often free, or cost very little. It will give you some of the basic firearm handling safety tips.

Second, go to your nearest indoor gun range. They usually have firearms you can rent. Your first few times I would highly recommend a qualified instructor. Once again, safety on the range and in handling the firearm should be the primary concern. Such as knowing where your round will go after it hits the intended target. Hitting your target will be of secondary concern at first.

Once you have had a few lessons and feel comfortable handling a firearm safely, then it is only a matter of practice to become a good shot.

It is always better to have a firearm and not need one, than to need a firearm and not have one.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
We like 9mms too.
Indeed.

In fact, it was because of my Beretta 92F, 9mm that I ended up in Alaska. I purchased it legally from a Marine friend of mine in California in 1983. In 1989 California banned the Beretta 92F with no grandfather clause. I had a choice:
  • Turn my now illegal Beretta 92F into the police, and hope they do not arrest me;
  • Keep my Beretta 92F and remain a criminal; or
  • Move to Alaska were my rights are protected against government violation.
Needless to say, I chose the latter. That was 23 years ago this coming May. It was the best move I ever made.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:28 AM

Guns just ain't my thing, don't really need them.

If I lived in some remote location full of Bears I guess I'd get into it. But I live in a little suburban community, not much need for a gun out here.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
* The AR-15 can shoot through schools.
I recently sold a firearm that could shoot through school districts!

Just before I moved to Alaska, I figured I needed a powerful firearm to handle brown bear. So I purchased a Remington .458 Win Mag, the largest caliber Remington manufactures. It fires a 488 grain round 2,158 fps, giving it 5,045 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle.

It was certainly an impressive weapon to fire. It has a 60 pound felt recoil. I can fire 12-guages all day long without protection and they do not phase me. However, even wearing two Past Pads for protection using the Remington, each shot still hurt. Ammunition was also very expensive. The last box of 50 I purchased in 2000 cost me $250.

I have since decided that I have no interest in hunting brown bears, which is why I sold it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies