Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times

Advertisements

Why should the gun control debate consider the viewpoints of mostly liberal urbanites whose life experiences involve a trip to Starbucks, bicycling to work, and windmill advocacy?

Why should we consider those who believe that every scary looking gun belongs on the battlefield to be a voice in which to listen?

We shouldn't. I prefer subject matter experts with experience rooted in the topic, not those who espouse knee-jerk reactions as they sip coffee and wonder why the entire planet can't be powered by the wind (among other liberal nonsense).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why should the gun control debate consider the viewpoints of mostly liberal urbanites whose life experiences mostly involve a trip to Starbucks, bicycling to work, and windmill advocacy?

Why should we consider those who believe that every scary looking gun belongs on the battlefield to be a voice in which to listen?

We shouldn't. I prefer subject matter experts with experience rooted in the topic, not those who espouse knee-jerk reactions as they sip coffee and wonder why the entire planet can't be powered by the wind.
Owning a gun doesn't make you courageous.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,143 times
Believe It or Not Mass Killings Are Not on the Rise, They Are on the Decline

The assault with gun rate for the entire country dropped faster than cities with gun bans. Gun violence rose by comparison in cities with gun bans. There was an immediate changes in society around 1992 & it was not from government.

November 7, 1991, basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson stuns the world by announcing he tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Within 2 months the number of people getting tested for aids was up 50%. Illegitimate birth rates dropped within 9 months. Heroin & other injected drug use that had been soaring since 1960 slowed their accent.

The country sobered up a bit & quit sharing IV drug needles. People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married. This must have reduce the financial stress of illegitimate births & drug use, thus lowered the crime rate. Two parent structure households create the best well adjusted children. Single parent & divorced households & unwanted children create criminals.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Owning a gun doesn't make you courageous.
Where does courage enter into the equation?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Where does courage enter into the equation?
Your thread is about urban people who you claim are timid and afraid of scary looking guns.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:06 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Why should the gun control debate consider the viewpoints of mostly liberal urbanites whose life experiences involve a trip to Starbucks, bicycling to work, and windmill advocacy?
Because they die too.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:

We shouldn't. I prefer subject matter experts with experience rooted in the topic, not those who espouse knee-jerk reactions as they sip coffee and wonder why the entire planet can't be powered by the wind (among other liberal nonsense).
Scared little man.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Your thread is about urban people who you claim are timid and afraid of scary looking guns.
Not necessarily. My thread is about urban people's viewpoints, based on their own life experiences, most of which are weak-willed, emotionally timid people who would never consider touching a gun to begin with. Their viewpoints are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. My thread is about urban people's viewpoints, based on their own life experiences, most of which are weak-willed, emotionally timid people who would never consider touching a gun to begin with. Their viewpoints are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.
Ok, you and other gun owners are tough and urban dwellers are weaklings. Happy?

Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
Quote:
Ok, you and other gun owners are tough and urban dwellers are weaklings. Happy?

I feel less empowered when I have a firearm in my hands, because I respect it and know how powerful it is? Do you anti gun cooks ever posts anything other than "You guys have guns to act tough"? Criminals carry guns to act tough. Law abiding , responsible carry it for sport and to defend.

The real pansies are those who refuse to defend themselves and their neighbors, and rather call the police.

The real pansies are the feminists who hate guns and outsource their well being and defense to men with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies