Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I would support licensing of Assault Rifles with a $1,000.00 annual license fee. With 3-5 million of them out there it could help toward the deficit. Nothing Unconstitutionaal about Licensing

What is an assault rifle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Five million rounds of M2 ball.....as well.

I can only think of one name for them...

30-06 M1 M2 Ball USGI Surplus Ammo Ammunition

Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I would support licensing of Assault Rifles with a $1,000.00 annual license fee. With 3-5 million of them out there it could help toward the deficit. Nothing Unconstitutionaal about Licensing
I would support a law that required you to buy a 1000 dollar rifle 1000 more in ammo 1000 more in training and force you to carry that rifle everywhere you go in waking hours as a part of universal service act from the day you turn 18 until the day you turn 62, and if you get fat and slow in that time to fine you 1000 dollars a day until you become fit again.

If you refuse I would support a fine of ten time the costs of the total per year.

That fine would be applied to housing the mentally ill.

How do you like that chump.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Myself and a crackpot team of the finest godless, gay loving, gentrifying, latte sipping *******s are on it as we speak! We're in special secret meetings with our Dear Leader(Pres. Obama) right now. Only us *******s get to attend them, though, because well you know, duh! This moment we're thinking of using drones, or maybe hanging free all-you-can-eat coupons at your nearest 'Country Town Buffet' on each guntubberz door; and while the gunloonies are gorging their faces with good ol' all-american lard.....we'll(speaking of us superior *******s) walk unopposed into y'alls homes, barns, tractor trailer, where ever you lovable guntooterz reside and swipe 'em all away from y'all! I know, it's the most perfect of most perfect schemes ever devised. That's just how it is when you have the greatest leftist Hollywood writers in your camp....you're bound to succeed! BWAAAAHAAHAAAAA

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I would support a law that required you to buy a 1000 dollar rifle 1000 more in ammo 1000 more in training and force you to carry that rifle everywhere you go in waking hours as a part of universal service act from the day you turn 18 until the day you turn 62, and if you get fat and slow in that time to fine you 1000 dollars a day until you become fit again.

If you refuse I would support a fine of ten time the costs of the total per year.

That fine would be applied to housing the mentally ill.

How do you like that chump.
I think that is kind of crazy. First is the idea of forcing everyone to become government employees possibly against their will in a fair amount of cases (possibly w/o compensation?) sounds like something out of North Korea. Secondly, I think that sort of goes against the complaint I had heard from almost all conservatives about Obamacare...which is the government shouldn't be forcing you to buy something.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I think that is kind of crazy. First is the idea of forcing everyone to become government employees possibly against their will in a fair amount of cases (possibly w/o compensation?) sounds like something out of North Korea. Secondly, I think that sort of goes against the complaint I had heard from almost all conservatives about Obamacare...which is the government shouldn't be forcing you to buy something.
I don't think he was being serious.

I could be wrong...

Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I don't think he was being serious.

I could be wrong...
I would be serious to force folks to at least sit in a gun training school for a weekend before they could vote against the rest of our rights.

You can't intelligently speak of what you do not know. Said example is right above me. He's admitting to not have the courage or balls to defend himself possibly taking someones life, yet somehow doesn't think I'm worth $5,000,000. That kind of goes hand and hand.

You mouth off too long at the dragstrip...sooner or later someone is going to run for pinks...know what I mean?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myright View Post
That's just as legal as a poll tax... nothing illegal about that
You already need a license to have an Automatic, nothing illegal about raising and existing fee or expanding the types included
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies