Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times

Advertisements

I sat in Little Rock and saw the idiot tea baggers yelling waaaa I want my country back when the town halls were going about the affordable health care act. They cried like little idiots. If they not only would have supported the AHCA but demeaned national health care, many of whom are NRA members, could it have stopped this guy by screening him as mentally ill? If not could it stop someone in the future? Are gun owners who are mostly ultra Conservative shooting them self in the foot by helping to create problems where they could have been avoided?

I think the far right is causing its own death throws and then sits back and stamps its feet at why the world is beating up on them. Maybe just maybe if you all would have suppered a stronger measure for health care instead of crying about gov. take over we maybe just maybe could have avoided this. If we had a strong health care system that screened people for mental issues. Now there is a movement that is growing that the NRA is not in control of in anyway shape or form. We may lose our right to have and own semi autos and one thing is they are much harder to find and expensive right now.

If you would quit focusing on Obama birth cert. Black helicopters and FEMA camps and tell the nuts among us to shut the hell up, and be reasonable people we may keep more of the guns we like to shoot. I know many will say Nope we will give on nothing, but you are going down the road of the last stand. I want to avoid this kind of shooting forever not only form my right to keep my guns but I don't want to see more kid killed.

How about we start to tell that idiot at the gun range when he starts his rant about the evil Gov. this and that to shut the hell up and quit being part of the problem?

Quit letting the NRA run its mouth about conspiracy's to come take our guns when there is no plans to take our guns and now there may be because you were looking for black helicopters instead of working to make sure things like this did not happen?

The NRA has focused on the wrong thing, it looks at some boogie man gov. agent to come in dark of night to grab guns. Many idiots beleive this. But the real threat is that some nut, who has a gun and uses it like last week will turn the majority of Americans against our rights.

How about we stop being our own worst enemy and quit answering everything with a bumper sticker and platituds and start to work to make our gun rights stronger. This brracaiding oursefls in behind a fort and daring anyone to try to take us will only quicken our demise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies