Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

We have a lot of Muslims here in Canada and all they want is to be Good law abiding citizens. Just like any group of people there will be some bad apples in the bunch. In this country we have actually had more problems with radical Shiks and Tamils. I feel very fortunate to live in a country where if you get up and preach hatred against any group it would take about 10 minutes before you were sitting in the back of a cop car handcuffed and in one big heap of stinking trouble.
You nay not even make bail and you could sit in a jail call of months until your trial.

Needless to say, we don't have a lot of hate filled orators spouting their poison in public in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 01:43 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are they saying that men will be killing them?
Are they saying that men will commit violence against them?
Are they trying to make people fear men?

Stupid comparison, but expectedly stupid.
Yes, in fact they are. Try educating yourself.

Besides which, your questions don't relate to the comparison I made. If you want to refute what I said, then refute what I said. Don't bring up 3 completely separate things. Of course deflection has always been a standard debating tactic from leftists.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-21-2012 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This topic is not a big deal.

Do people think Radical Islam is NOT trying to kill Americans?
More precisely, they are going after the ones who have stolen their freedoms.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Funny how the same people who ranted "nuke Iraq and Afghanistan!!" after 911 have changed to "Obama is a murderer!" now that he's the President instead of Bush.
The mentality of okay when "we" do it, bad when "they" do it, unfortunately has been around too long.
It's always about policy.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet your Master in Chief is killing them and treating them like filthy animals. 'Cause after all they're not human right? If they were, we'd have to respect their rights, quit occupying their land, and stop murdering their people.

How's the occupation in the Middle East going? Our involvement in never ending wars end yet?

Meanwhile, U.S. drones are killing children and terrorizing families abroad. Earlier this year, the Bureau of Investigative Journalism found that 176 children have been murdered in Pakistan alone. And along with drone attacks, an average of 4.8 children are killed per day in Afghanistan where earlier this year, a U.S. sergeant is reported to have killed 9 children. Will these murders be deemed worthy of our thoughts and prayers, or even our news headlines?

"Yet, something about this seems entirely hypocritical; we as Americans largely ignore when our own government, in countries around the world, murders innocent children but when an American child dies, our media and our nation can focus on nothing else."

Is America Like Adam Lanza? U.S. Drone Strikes Have Killed 176 Children in Pakistan Alone

What's crazy is that this mass murderer in Chief has a Nobel peace prize.
But master in chief is a muslim, and he's killing muslims? you have a problem killing muslims? how un american.

I thought muslims were america's enemy, now some of you people are embracing them? go figure.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I don't think most American Muslims are radical Muslims, and I most certainly don't think most American Muslims want to kill kids.
I keep my kids away from the Mooslim neighbors... just in case.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:56 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
With the type of weaponry available - it doesn't take many people.

There are roughly between 2.5 and 3 million Muslims in the US. What is "most"? If 90% are good then that leaves 300,000 radicals. What if we are talking 0.1% who are radicals - that's 3,000 people. It only took 19 to wipe out WTC, damage the Pentagon and take out 4 planes and 3,000 Americans.
According to you, there are 300,000 radical Muslims in the US that have assault rifles or some other form of deadly weapon hidden under their prayer rugs. How many Americans who have committed mass murder in schools and theaters in the US were Muslim???

Think about it: There are 4 million members of the NRA. There are millions who are licensed and not members of the NRA. There are millions of individuals who own multiple weapons. There are thousands of individuals who belong to extremist groups in the US (and would be anti-Muslim). And you are worried about 300,000 Muslims who you imagine have weapons???

Old 12-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I keep my kids away from the Mooslim neighbors... just in case.
Muslims don't eat swine so I think you and yours are quite safe.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
In my opinion, there is no such thing as an "American" Muslim.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
In my opinion, there is no such thing as an "American" Muslim.
How do you come to that conclusion? Someone who is second or third generation American, who happens to be raised a Muslim because that has been his families faith for generations, isn't an American Muslim??? What would that person be? How about someone who is generational American and can trace their family back 100 years, was raised Catholic, but converted to Islam? What would that person be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies