Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 07:14 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

The left hates guns because guns equalize.

Nothing elitists hate more than that.

What a buncha sorry Soros.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
What law was Wyatt Earp enforcing at the OK Corral?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 AM

5 posts, read 8,297 times
Um,the U.S. left,being rational human beings,unlike the tea baggers,and 995 of other "re-thuglicans",hate being the world's only armed madhouse.9A book title,incidentally.)
Also,the ONLY Western nation stepped in state-sponsored murder,or,as the Troglodytes justify this insanity,"Capital punishment!!!!!"

Old 05-31-2014, 08:03 AM

5 posts, read 8,297 times
(Ninety-nine-point-five percent of "Re-Thuglicans," that is!!!!!!)

Old 05-31-2014, 08:05 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Kids are a subset of human. And a little hyperbole against such idiot defense is perfectly reasonable.

But call them HKRs if it makes you feel better.
I really prefer HKR to KKR. Yeah, kids are a subset of humans, so are gays, blacks, midgets, men, women, etc... Wouldn't it be complete hyperbole to start calling them "GKR" or Gay killing rifles? It isn't technically untrue, but you can see where that seems dishonest, as their is no weapon designed specifically for killing gay people. Same with KKR.

Of course, these weapons, when fully auto and held by government thugs become "Personal Defense Weapons". These weapons are designed to eliminate threats, human threats... and they are routinely used that way... even by children and definitely to protect children. You see, it makes the exact level of sense as your argument to call them KDW (Kid Defense Weapons) as KKR's. I would wager that they are used more often for protecting kids than killing kids.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I really prefer HKR to KKR. Yeah, kids are a subset of humans, so are gays, blacks, midgets, men, women, etc... Wouldn't it be complete hyperbole to start calling them "GKR" or Gay killing rifles? It isn't technically untrue, but you can see where that seems dishonest, as their is no weapon designed specifically for killing gay people. Same with KKR.

Of course, these weapons, when fully auto and held by government thugs become "Personal Defense Weapons". These weapons are designed to eliminate threats, human threats... and they are routinely used that way... even by children and definitely to protect children. You see, it makes the exact level of sense as your argument to call them KDW (Kid Defense Weapons) as KKR's. I would wager that they are used more often for protecting kids than killing kids.
OK human not kid.

And the actual role of HKRs in the defense of anyone is rather minuscule. Their biggest real use appears to be to hang down your back at political rallies.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The left hates guns because guns equalize.

Nothing elitists hate more than that.

What a buncha sorry Soros.
Yeah...but why do you think compensating for a short penis is good public policy?

Old 05-31-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
OK human not kid.

And the actual role of HKRs in the defense of anyone is rather minuscule. Their biggest real use appears to be to hang down your back at political rallies.
Estimates of DGU or defensive gun use in the United States vary from a few hundred thousand instances a year to over a few million, so... incorrect.

(Oh, and you can honestly call them HDW (human defense weapons) just as truthfully as HKR)

Last edited by Xander_Crews; 05-31-2014 at 01:41 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Estimates of DGU or defensive gun use in the United States vary from a few hundred thousand instances a year to over a few million, so... incorrect.

(Oh, and you can honestly call them HDW (human defense weapons) just as truthfully as HKR)
I would think this class of weapon plays a very small role in the self defense incidents. And it plays and even smaller role in incidents where such a weapon is appropriate. One does not need a Bushmaster to kill a teenager in your garage...a Glock or revolver would seem much more appropriate and reasonable for all sorts of practical reasons. I would think the role for a HKR would be when you hold off a half dozen armed intruders until they flee or the cops show up.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I would think this class of weapon plays a very small role in the self defense incidents. And it plays and even smaller role in incidents where such a weapon is appropriate. One does not need a Bushmaster to kill a teenager in your garage...a Glock or revolver would seem much more appropriate and reasonable for all sorts of practical reasons. I would think the role for a HKR would be when you hold off a half dozen armed intruders until they flee or the cops show up.
That is the whole point of the second, history has proven that you have a reasonable expectation that you may have to do just that. You may have to hold off multiple intruders, you may have to protect a neighborhood.

I know I am going to get the whole "that can't happen here" response, but history has proven that peaceful societies can face major upheaval over night. What about disaster areas, a PDW style rifle seems wholly appropriate. It is well known that thugs become roving gangs in those scenarios. There are plenty of possibilities that people could face way more widespread disasters... if you disarm everyone but the criminals who have small to medium caliber semi-auto rifles already, they are incredibly vulnerable and the criminals have nothing to fear.

The fact that under present circumstances the greater risk is from small groups of people or individuals doing home invasions and such doesn't negate the fact that circumstances change, and history shows they can change very rapidly.

What do you think about 9mm semi-auto sub-machine guns like the p90 or the MP5? They seem like very appropriate home defense weapons, especially if you are facing multiple intruders.

(I know 9mm is not the "stock" caliber of these guns, but as with most guns like this, there are all kind of variants.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies