Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times

Advertisements

It really isn't realistic to expect one or two armed guards to cover all the possibilities of perimeter breaches in a single school. Time to arm the students with small arms and let them be able to fend for themselves. Naturally I would roll this out in phases so as to be able to prevent the gun manufacturers from having to pay overtime wages. We could initially request parental permission and then proceed to go directly to the children on a volunteer basis before eventually conscripting the whole lot of 'em. However, even at the risk of angering the gun enthusiasts, I think it would be a bad idea to equip the playtime platoons with extended capacity clips.

Probably cheaper than buying them tablets and laptops too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 09:47 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Sure. Why not. I can see it now, Suzy saw Angie talking to Paul, her current crush. Now instead of just pulling her hair she can shoot her. Or Joey is mad at Mrs. Jones so instead of dreaming about shooting her, he can pull out his handy-dandy gun and take care of it then and there.

Asinine idea.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Schools should only have one way in and out and metal doors (impossible to kick down) around the school that are unlocked except if there is an emergency.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Schools should only have one way in and out and metal doors (impossible to kick down) around the school that are unlocked except if there is an emergency.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:53 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Speak, don't be scared.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,951,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It really isn't realistic to expect one or two armed guards to cover all the possibilities of perimeter breaches in a single school. Time to arm the students with small arms and let them be able to fend for themselves. Naturally I would roll this out in phases so as to be able to prevent the gun manufacturers from having to pay overtime wages. We could initially request parental permission and then proceed to go directly to the children on a volunteer basis before eventually conscripting the whole lot of 'em. However, even at the risk of angering the gun enthusiasts, I think it would be a bad idea to equip the playtime platoons with extended capacity clips.

Probably cheaper than buying them tablets and laptops too.
Sometimes I think people post nonsense to get a rise out of people. Trolling is so 2010.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:08 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
That sounds great. I think it infringes on my toddler's constitutional rights that she is not allowed to bear arms. Government is forcing her to be a sitting duck. Clearly, her pre-school would be much safer place if she and her playmates ran around with M-16s (although they might be a bit too heavy for them).

As it is now, every time they go the playground, they are defenseless. It's no longer acceptable.

Naturally, I shall continue to restrict access to violent video games.

The NRA is SOOOOO right. Most toddlers don't play violent video games. How often have you heard of a toddler shooting up a school? That's rich: NEVER!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:09 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Lets come up with ridiculous scenarios to illustrate a lack of critical thinking skills.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:10 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Speak, don't be scared.
And if there is a fire?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:11 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
That's right! That way, it will be much easier for emergency responders to haul out the thousands of dead bodies after a fire. They'll all be neatly piled up by the ONE escape route. 'Cause, you know, opening that door during an emergency surely won't be a problem. Nor will funneling thousands of fear-ridden students through the proverbial eye of a needle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies