Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you remember high school math, you will understand this simple math.

There's something called hit ratio which is basically the number of hits v.s. the number of bullets fired. In the police world, this ratio is about 25% depending on the distance - the closer the range is, the lower the number is up to the point of blank range, of course. In short, the police can only hit the target once after firing 4 bullets.

Now what makes you think your average Joe skill is better than the police? So, let's say your hit ratio is 20% or 1 in 5. Out of a 10 rounds magazine, you would be lucky to get 2 hits if that.

Unless you are Vincent in the movie Collateral, do you really expect your 2 shots would drop the bad guy? Oh, most bad guys come in as team now.

Don't believe this? Watch this video which was recorded by a homeowner not far from where I used to live, a nice neighborhood. Watch the guns used by the bad guys and the number of the bad guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhKCiY-lu0
Well you just proved why people need hi cap mags...

4 / 5 idiots trying to break in to the guys house...

As for cops abilities to shoot. They usually suck at shooting. Most of them shoot 2 times a year to qualify.

You average Joe as you put it might shoot most every Saturday, and or more and spend a lot more time shooting than cops ever do. If average Joe buys a gun and puts it in a safe, then he has no use of it for self defense. Worse than the cops.

Between shooting my historical pattern flint locks for fun and target practice, I attend primitive events as well and can win prizes.

I attend more modern shoots all over New England and so far as W.Va, so your point of trained cops is kinda moot.

With Buck Skinners shooting flintlocks as a team shoot against cops with their cops guns I have never been on a team that lost to cops yet. Not once.

When the half way mark comes we all switch guns. of course us Skinners must load and assist the cops because they don't know squat about flint lock guns.

So I own both kinds of guns. And of you think I would use a flintlock for self defense in this day and age you simply would be wrong.

So it all depends..... I defend my garden from a variety of rodents with a gun too. Hi cap mag can help that way too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,121 times
Here's a target and some of my gear. This is a 8+1 .45 ACP as well. A Springfield Armory USMC Operator Special OPs 1911. Target was shot at 15 yards (45 feet) off hand.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1599$sx1055$s and weights 377$sKB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600$sx900$s and weights 261$sKB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600$sx900$s and weights 364$sKB.

Semper Fi~

Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well you just proved why people need hi cap mags...

4 / 5 idiots trying to break in to the guys house...

As for cops abilities to shoot. They usually suck at shooting. Most of them shoot 2 times a year to qualify.

You average Joe as you put it might shoot most every Saturday, and or more and spend a lot more time shooting than cops ever do. If average Joe buys a gun and puts it in a safe, then he has no use of it for self defense. Worse than the cops.

Between shooting my historical pattern flint locks for fun and target practice, I attend primitive events as well and can win prizes.

I attend more modern shoots all over New England and so far as W.Va, so your point of trained cops is kinda moot.

With Buck Skinners shooting flintlocks as a team shoot against cops with their cops guns I have never been on a team that lost to cops yet. Not once.

When the half way mark comes we all switch guns. of course us Skinners must load and assist the cops because they don't know squat about flint lock guns.

So I own both kinds of guns. And of you think I would use a flintlock for self defense in this day and age you simply would be wrong.

So it all depends..... I defend my garden from a variety of rodents with a gun too. Hi cap mag can help that way too.
You're a smart guy Mac.

1. Bring a weapon. Preferably, bring at least two. Bring all of your friends who have weapons. Bring their friends who have weapons.
  2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
  3. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
  4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough, nor using cover correctly.
  5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
  6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a big weapon and a friend with a big weapon.
  7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't.
  8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
  9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the weapon.
  10. Use a weapon that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  11. Someday someone may kill you with your own weapon, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
  12. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
  13. Have a plan.
  14. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
  15. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of YOUR weapon.
  16. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
  17. Don't drop your guard.
  18. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
  19. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
  20. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
  21. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
  22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
  23. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  24. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
  25. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4."

Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
I want 100 round magazines if I choose.

No one should question why.

I have a constitutional right to this.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why do I need high capacity magazine?

Because I have a higher capacity mag. than you.
Put that in your roaster and cook it.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Pay close attention to #12 guys..........

A10 Warthog Tribute - YouTube

YOU LOSE!

Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
I think that the point is that regular citizens should not have access to these guns.
Yes, that is the point but it's wrong. As long as bad guys are out there with these things, we have every right to them as well. tit for tat
Why did we ship hundreds of them to Mexico, into the hands of gangsters? Point the finger to that resident in the White House.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
Pay close attention to #12 guys..........

A10 Warthog Tribute - YouTube

YOU LOSE!
What's your point?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Taking away our ability to defend ourselves means more dependency upon the gov't and their agents, no thanks.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Guy's... Way I read the OP, the OP is For Hi Cap mags.... Don't shoot the messenger !

(A Victor what is that thing your weapons are on? Looks like a animal skin sort of, but not really...... Can't figure out what that is.
The target is a hoot. Looks like a pacman figure cut out LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies