Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does abortion end a human life?
Yes 96 61.15%
No 61 38.85%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times

Advertisements

I think abortion ends life but I am still pro choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I can murder you in cold blood. It would be me doing what I want at the expense of you.

If we revert back to the biggest, strongest does "what he wants" you women will suffer the most. I've actually lived part of my life in that kind of society and could do so again. You probably wouldn't like the outcome however.
WOW ! You sure used that as an excuse to , again, reveal the real you....

Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
You are providing EXCUSES for irresponsible behavior."""

YUP! The best excuse of all, being human...don't like how humans act, complain to the manufacturer!

"""....I don't have to justify the irresponsibility of others. Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control.....that's murder, pure and simple. """"

Not according to the law....you DO believe in the law, don't you. Don't most RESPONSIBLE people???

""If you don't want to get pregnant.....use one of the options I mentioned above. Hedonists often seek to pleasure themselves in any way they can, but almost always try to avoid the responsibilities/consequences of their actions.....time to grow up. As much as you would like it to be, abortion is not an either/or issue.....there are socially acceptable reasons for abortion.
What are your "socially acceptable " reasons for abortion...??? And WHO decided what they are?

""""""In case of rape, incest, severe fetal malformations, or life of the mother.....those should be acceptable to anyone for abortion and should be funded by the govt""""

HOW are those abortions different from other abortions???

An abortion is an abortion, it is illogical to say one is and one isn't ....

Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
At the very least, once the pregnancy has gone into that grey stage when the fetus could possibly be viable, instead of abortion the doctors should induce the pregnancy and let the chips fall where they may.

It will be slightly longer and more of a hassle for the woman, but then she shouldn't have waited so long to get serious in the first place. If the baby is not viable, it will die. It will be like an abortion in that instance. If the baby is viable, it will live and a life would have been saved.

The only drawback to this is cost. Especially keeping the baby on life support for the first couple of weeks. This has to be hammered out but ultimately part of it should rest on the shoulders of the mother who was irresponsible in the first place.

ya like this far out scenario isn't cruel and unusual not in favor of abortions but favor women being induced into early labor, playing russian roulette with a the baby's life. not caring about the extreme medical procedures or pain inflicted on the baby, or the outcome of it. concerned only about the costs. this thinking borders on the bizarre and ignorant to say the least

Old 12-28-2012, 08:30 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
At the very least, once the pregnancy has gone into that grey stage when the fetus could possibly be viable, instead of abortion the doctors should induce the pregnancy and let the chips fall where they may.

It will be slightly longer and more of a hassle for the woman, but then she shouldn't have waited so long to get serious in the first place. If the baby is not viable, it will die. It will be like an abortion in that instance. If the baby is viable, it will live and a life would have been saved.

The only drawback to this is cost. Especially keeping the baby on life support for the first couple of weeks. This has to be hammered out but ultimately part of it should rest on the shoulders of the mother who was irresponsible in the first place.
A couple of weeks? You think everything will be A-OK after a couple of weeks?

You do realize, don't you, that any fetus that survives at 20-24 weeks will likely have disabilities that will last a lifetime.....and will require all kinds of expensive medical care, special education and therapies throughout their childhoods, if not for the rest of their lives.

Just goes to show how little you know, yet you think you are qualified to draw the line on viability.

Maybe, just maybe, these decisions should be made by women and their DOCTORS, who are actually there, not you. There is a reason guidelines are in place instead of hard, fast rules.....every case is different and needs to be evaluated by the attending physician. Ya know, people who have years of specialized education and experience?

And yes, SIDS babies do have obituaries. Even babies that only live a few hours have obituaries.

On the other hand.....I have NEVER seen an obituary for a miscarriage. Why? Because they are not considered a person.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

You do realize, don't you, that any fetus that survives at 20-24 weeks will likely have disabilities that will last a lifetime.....and will require all kinds of expensive medical care, special education and therapies throughout their childhoods, if not for the rest of their lives.

Just goes to show how little you know, yet you think you are qualified to draw the line on viability.

Maybe, just maybe, these decisions should be made by women and their DOCTORS, who are actually there, not you. There is a reason guidelines are in place instead of hard, fast rules.....every case is different and needs to be evaluated by the attending physician. Ya know, people who have years of specialized education and experience?

And yes, SIDS babies do have obituaries. Even babies that only live a few hours have obituaries.

On the other hand.....I have NEVER seen an obituary for a miscarriage. Why? Because they are not considered a person.

wish I could rep you more.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ya like this far out scenario isn't cruel and unusual not in favor of abortions but favor women being induced into early labor, playing russian roulette with a the baby's life. not caring about the extreme medical procedures or pain inflicted on the baby, or the outcome of it. concerned only about the costs. this thinking borders on the bizarre and ignorant to say the least
Quote:

Post 277 should tell you all you need to know about someone...

Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
I still maintain my cellular differentiation line, about 4-7 days post-conception.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Whoever drew the previous line was wrong. Mother nature showed them wrong. And now we need to reevaluate so no viable babies are aborted. So my solution was fair to both parties if only a bit impractical ($$).

If the premature baby turns out later to be disabled, he or she can later request to end their life. I also support voluntary euthanasia provided it's the individual making the choice. Even in most extreme cases, I think the person would strive to live.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM

507 posts, read 514,076 times
After taking my Women's Health course I am prone to say yes it would end a life. The embryo has a regular heartbeat by 5 weeks' gestation, appears human by 8 weeks (2 months) gestation, and by the 8th week and from then on is considered a fetus until birth. During this time vital organs are being developed, along with the brain and spinal cord, before the 3 and 4th month. Bottom line is people define human life differently outside of utero than do inside of the womb, and I cannot judge them for it. It would not make a bit of difference if you had an abortion before the 3 months' mark or after because you would still be ending a life in some way

But it is your decision
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies