Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:37 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchy View Post
You probably watch too much "South Park" because they pronounce aboot just to make fun of us.
I live in Ontario and I never say aboot nor I ever heard anyone say it. If you heard other Canadians say it then they must have accents.

Just kidding. Seriously though,don't be so sensitive abouyt accents. I think it's great o have one,if one does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM

45 posts, read 66,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
One of the main tactics of the manipulator is dividing and concurring. As long as you let the doctrine of evil influence your thinking and in-turn your decisions you will remain a slave to the bigots. Before hip hop culture was stereotyped it was rhythm and Blues, and before that the Jazz culture. There will always be those that stereotype blacks and changing to appease those types will only lead to a loss of identity & increased hatred...

by the way, have you ever heard of the rapper Drake?
Yeah, I heard of Drake. His music is cool.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
What do you call a Black Canadian flying an airplane?

A pilot

Old 12-26-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My hat is off to any of my Canadian brothers who play a game where it is legal for white guys to attack you with a stick and you don't get all Nat Turner on their asses.
You must be talkng about hockey eh? Do you know Kenndal McArdle, he used to play for the Winnipeg Jets.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Just kidding. Seriously though,don't be so sensitive abouyt accents. I think it's great o have one,if one does.
You're right. I experience accents on daily basis.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
The US, is pretty much the only 1st world country where Blacks born there, often, talk Ebonic and different from whites (he be, I gots mine, etc). Other 1st world countries, including England and Canada, don't have this.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
The US, is pretty much the only 1st world country where Blacks born there, often, talk Ebonic and different from whites (he be, I gots mine, etc). Other 1st world countries, including England and Canada, don't have this.
Not all blacks in the US speak Ebonics, thank you very much.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,760 times
There are some great Black Canadian singers. Debra Cox and Melody Fiona are two of my favorites.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Not all blacks in the US speak Ebonics, thank you very much.
Key word: Often. Often doesn't mean all blacks speak Ebonics in the US.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchy View Post
Like I said, black Canadians make up a small percentage of the population in Canada. Most of the crime, drugs, and out of wedlock children occurs in small black communities in the large cities. Young black canadians try to pretend to be Americans?

Not true, we might be similar but we have different mentality than the black Americans does.
They definitely tend to lack an identity of their own and therefore they adopt a lot of black american styles in music and dress. As far as mentality is concerned? That I'm not so sure of that; like I said before many of the problems that blacks have there are the pretty much same problems that they have in the countries in Africa and the Carribean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies