Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,865 times

Advertisements

I think Drake is a phoney. I used to talk to a guy (black) from canada. He was sexy. He liked hockey. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 01:48 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
I think Black Canadians are Black people who live in Canada. Black people who live in America think the same.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
If a black canadian speaks french fluently, or has a french accent, it's a pretty safe bet that he or she is from canada.

French Canadian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 AM

45 posts, read 66,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
My Canadian friends...maybe you can help me understand something. What's up with the Zed thing?
French and British is very influenced in Canada. Zed is derived from the french alphabet. Most Canadians say it because Zed is less likely to be confused with the other letters. "C" and "Z" can sound similiar. Zed is simply a way to make it easier to discern what a person is saying.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I think Drake is a phoney. I used to talk to a guy (black) from canada. He was sexy. He liked hockey. Lol.
Haha, Jimmy from Degrassi. I actually like his music but I guess some Americans think he's phony because he from a wealthy neighbourhood in Toronto and he raps about the street life. I think he got family from the southern states so I guess that's why he act the way he is.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Are black Canadians considered good tippers overall by servers in the restaurants up there?

Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Are black Canadians considered good tippers overall by servers in the restaurants up there?
No, not really. They depend on Americans stupid enough to visit Quebec.
They do have some nice brothels in Quebec though.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
It really just depends on the person, it doesn't have anything to do with race.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No, not really. They depend on Americans stupid enough to visit Quebec.
They do have some nice brothels in Quebec though.
Why they have to be stupid to visit Quebec?

You Americans depend on us just as much we depend on you.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Ebonics exists because there are unique African American cultures indigenous to the USA, and that should be cherished. Canada has a few old stock African American descended communities, but for the most part our blacks are immigrants, and that means a very different relationship to the mainstream than an old group like African Americans with these centuries of f***ed up history between them and the whites. It's more like the relationship between Canadian WASP cultures and aboriginals + French Canadians. So I have to say it's not quite the same thing, although it certainly seems like African American culture has a big influence on Blacks worldwide, including in Canada. Even the Beta Israel, the black Ethiopian Jewish minority in Israel, adopts African American affectations in trying to define a cultural place as a racial minority in a Western country. Common for the Maori in New Zealand to do the same thing.
Uh; "Ebonics" pretty much low class Scots-Irish English. Why so many Black people wanna sound like PWT don't make sense to me. I'm "PWT" around the edges and I'm actually white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies