Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times

Advertisements

Now why would the government want the people it serves to be disarmed, even if partially?
They are our servants, right?
We aren't their servants, are we?
Umm, well, uh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Explain to me how a frail autistic kid like Lanza packed in "many hundreds of rounds" of ammunition plus tbree weapons( many hundreds of rounds of ammo mind you) and inflicted the damage he did in two minutes. The answer is he didnt have that much ammunition. There was probably one magazine in each weapon.
My point is, this nonsense of claiming "many hundreds of rounds"of is just that, nonsense.
How much ammunition can one frail kid pack? Not much. Do you realize how much ammunition weighs? Obviously not. Sheesh...I really wish you hoplophobes would quit attributing almost supernatural powers to firearms and wackos who use them for evil. You honestly don't realize how idiotic you sound.
You failed to answer my question. I asked you to explain you theory of what happened - not how many round of ammunition were or were not used. I said NOTHING about firearms or wackos.

Do you believe that Lanza was the killer? Do you believe he had help? Is it your theory that the children are still alive?

Again - just trying to figure out where all this is going.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I don't find it odd that many were killed, I find it odd that every single one of them was killed, by one person in a 2 minute span of time.
But don't you know that one man can fire up to 6 shots per second with a semi-automatic rifle? Oh, yes that is what many of these people have come to believe. That would amount to 360 rounds per minute so sure he could have done that unless his trigger finger tired as soon as it would. Make it 4 rounds per second and it is still an impossible number to me when you are going after any kind of accuracy.

Hell, these antes don't even know what that rifle looked like. They surely don't understand that Bushmaster makes hunting rifles that do have the large magazines but not anything else that makes them assault rifles.

Your questions are very reasonable, I think, but I am not a grabber trying to get rid of guns.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You need to brush up on your Googling skills then. There are plenty of pages on the web asking what the primary weapon used at Sandy Hook was, and a lot of them are unconvinced that it was the Bushmaster which was belatedly claimed to be the main firearm.
This grabber is just trying to throw garbage in order to turn the topic to something closer to banning and eventually confiscating guns. I know a leaner and his deflection methods and you answered one of them.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Now why would the government want the people it serves to be disarmed, even if partially?
They are our servants, right?
We aren't their servants, are we?
Umm, well, uh.
Good job of answering your own questions. Will THEY notice that. I doubt it.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
There's actually quite a bit of data out there that support Rush's alleged assertions (I call them alleged because I didn't hear Rush saying anything about the subject. Not a fan of the loud-mouthed hypocrite.).
You are delusional.

There is none.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You failed to answer my question. I asked you to explain you theory of what happened - not how many round of ammunition were or were not used. I said NOTHING about firearms or wackos.

Do you believe that Lanza was the killer? Do you believe he had help? Is it your theory that the children are still alive?

Again - just trying to figure out where all this is going.
I addressed every one of your "questions". Your over dramatizing. And deflecting. You are attempting to keep this merry go round thing happening, and unless I spell it out in terms you can't help but understand it will never end. Probably not even then(sigh). It's quite simple, again, Lanza did not have "many hundreds of rounds"of ammunition. He could not have carried that much. He had enough, a magazine in each weapon, whether it was two or three weapons, would have been enough. Thats hardly "many hundreds of rounds". But the latter sounds soooooo insidious you just cant help but like it, yea? Yessssss....he was alone. And he and all the victims are dead. Despite the fact he did not empty Rock Islands entire ammunition inventory as you and the other poster want to claim.
And, the latter is my point, whats this nonsense about "many hundreds of rounds"of having been fired? That is pure sensationalism and is flat nonsense designed to make your point seem more poignant. Time for you to tell me where that was designed to go, since it is not the truth. Did his ammunition multiply in mid air? Was it beamed to him by aliens? Was he assisted by evil right wing agents, who fed him magazine after magazine using new technology tbat makes a semi auto capable of a rate of fire greater than an electric rotary cannon? Or....were the statements I originally commented on just made up to overinflate what actually happened?

Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
According to the news, there were reports of a child hearing 7 loud booms, one hearing two big booms and one hearing what he thought was "cans falling". An unnamed parent, who was in a meeting with the school psychologist and school principal before they were shot reported hearing, hundreds of rounds.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
According to the news, there were reports of someone hearing 7 gunshots, one hearing 10, one hearing some loud booms and one hearing what he thought was "cans falling". An unnamed parent, who was in a meeting with the school psychologist and school principal before they were shot was the only witness reporting hearing, hundreds of rounds.
Oh my gosh. Different accounts from different witnesses of a tragic event.

Who'd a ever thunk it?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh my gosh. Different accounts from different witnesses of a tragic event.

Who'd a ever thunk it?

Just posting what was reported. If people are questioning what type of weapon was used, as per the purpose of this thread, maybe that information is of value. Maybe not.

Do you have anything interesting or thoughtful to contribute to the conversation other then attempting to ridicule me for what reason exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies